Question about the Wetland requirements...

So this new wetland thing... sounds good. But is it just the spinosaurs that have wetland requirements? Or all dinosaurs? ...personally I think it would make sense for all dinosaurs to need some amount of wetlands... after all, they all need water to survive. But as far as I can tell there isn't any mention of other animals beyond spinosaurs that will be needing this.

Steggs

Community Manager
Frontier
The wetland requirements are specific to Spinosaurids like the Spinosaurus, Spinoraptor, Suchomimus etc.

You're correct that all dinosaurs would need water to survive, which is why you have to put water in their enclosures to drink from, but there are particular dinosaurs that preferred being in a wetland habitat, rather than just having somewhere to drink from.

Thanks for clarifying, any reason why the developers wouldn't add it to a slider like forest and grassland for all species? And just have the spinosaurids on the higher end as the sauropods are on the higher end of forest needs?

Your post doesn't make sense. Just because dinosaurs need water to survive doesn't mean they all lived in waterlogged environments.

Last edited:
Your post doesn't make sense. Just because dinosaurs need water to survive doesn't mean they all lived in waterlogged environments.
No, but just like there is a grassland requirement and a woodland requirement, it would make sense for all animals to have a water requirement too... because just as there are animals that want lots of water, there are plenty of animals that would hate having too much.

No, but just like there is a grassland requirement and a woodland requirement, it would make sense for all animals to have a water requirement too... because just as there are animals that want lots of water, there are plenty of animals that would hate having too much.

I don't really see how have the wetland requirement blanket applied to all species would contribute anything. The wetland requirement creates a distinction between some of the species that currently doesn't exist. It makes them more unique and gives them a special habitat requirements. The aquatic feeders contribute further to this distinction and gives the freedom to players who care more about authenticity a choice when breeding Spinosauridae. Notice how the fish feeders can be used in place of carnivore feeders, but it doesn't mean they will stop feeding from carnivore feeders. This is just a choice and I like the direction Frontier is going in, this is the kind of stuff that will gradually make the dinosaurs more unique and distinct from other families and to an extent one another.

A general wetland requirement applied to all dinosaurs would just be obnoxious and wouldn't really make sense. After all, the dinosaurs already have a water need that must be met, this requires you to provide them with water anyhow. The wetland requirement is water on a whole other scale that wouldn't make sense for any other species currently in the game.

Top Bottom