Question about "You are being scanned" on HUD

Hi folks,

I have been playing I guess 2-3 months and having lots of fun. I finally got to where I can kill a "WANTED" ship by myself (not high level but I can do it).

One thing that messes me up with VR headset is when I'm in a fight it will say "You are being scanned" in big letters right where I need to look. Is there any option to not display that big pop-up banner?

Thanks for any help.

V/r,
Bryan

Is there any option to not display that big pop-up banner?
NO. This has been brought up before but F-Dev didn't reply to the suggestion.
The only way to completely remove Canopy and dashboard HUD is with keyboard Ctrl+Alt+G, but of course everything is gone, not exactly ideal for combat. It would be great for combat to have the Canopy Guns Reticle only, make the fire group indicators pop up only when selected and retain the dashboard HUD.

plant a feather wish a chicken will grow.

Okay thanks. It's not the end of the world, I guess with VR I have the option to move my head. I don't know what the non-VR people can do.

I would happily give money to one of those "Kickstarter" campaigns. For example if the users get together about 50-100k to donate for a feature they really wanted, would the company exchange that money for working on the feature?

That might be a terrible idea, I don't know, but I'd give $20 bucks if they would do it.

V/r,
Bryan

this is a huge deal for me, in PvP. typically, in an arranged fight in the rings, there will almost always be a few straggler npc ships in the area too...and they will not stop trying to scan you until they get their scan off. and this pop up message has a black shader applied to it, which is basically a wall to look through. it is very obnoxious.

Wow that is so much information. I think they showed me how to remove that awful glow of ships in super cruise too.

Thanks for the link.

Top Bottom