Question in prep of VERY long exploration voyage

My advice for the prep, is to get access to another account, and keep it in the bubble, so you can actually do things other than jumping and cruising to planets, I tend to get a little bored of not being able to switch up the gameplay.

Will your shields activate at all since the Shield maximum mass is lower than your hull mass (388t<400t)? Is that not how Shield Maximum Hull Mass works?

I need to check, I'm away right now, but my anaconda does have Shields. Regarding the Pp and the 40% thing you are right, I just like a bit of risk. And even with getting the 40% capacity, your ship might blow up when your pp teaches 0%.

Lestat

Banned
My advice for the prep, is to get access to another account, and keep it in the bubble, so you can actually do things other than jumping and cruising to planets, I tend to get a little bored of not being able to switch up the gameplay.
That good advice. I have three accounts. So I can explore Combat and trade.

For the Op Remember you can always contact Fuel Rats to repair your hull and having a smaller jump range can help a lot because you can explore more systems.

Good idea, but I'm not sure I can grind out engineers/guardians a second time around.

CQC could be fun as an exploration distraction, but I can never get a match.

Lestat

Banned
Good idea, but I'm not sure I can grind out engineers/guardians a second time around.

CQC could be fun as an exploration distraction, but I can never get a match.
Well, the first time around it a grind because you want the max now. On the other Accounts, you tend to do what you want until you go, oh. I can upgrade such and such. You do your own thing.

Dont use the anaconda, the beluga has a little less range but you can put whatever you want on it and not affect it much, because its so heavy. It also turns much faster and has an amazing view.

So, I’ve tried exploration and traveling in a DBX, ASP, Beluga, and Annie. And I think what makes me fly my particular Annie build may have more to do with the Fuel Scoop than the range differences. There are a lot of factors that contribute to the way and rate a ship heats up during fueling. My Beluga could carry 4 SRVs and 2 SLF, with a full complement of repair stuffs, it was had everything a deep space explorer could want. but it seemed I had to be more mindful of its temperature when scooping. The Annie with its 7A scoop, and cooler running seemed to be a bit more forgiving if I was a bit too quick to starting the FSD, or cutting the orbit a bit too close to the exclusion zone of a giant. The DBX seemed to make me have to wait forever to fill it. These are my ships and their idiosyncrasies and so yours might not behave the same.

If I could live with the Jump range, I’d just make sure whatever ship/build I took into the black I liked the way it handled when it scooped, since you will be repeating that over and over and over, and if it’s easy to scoop you won’t have as many occurrences of PP damage since the scooping goes smooth.

Explored in an asp x, anaconda, dbx, phantom and dolphin. Love the dolphin the most so I'm currently exploring with it on a second account. With very light engennering it gets to 55 ly, boost of 450, have double afmu, 2 srvs, shields, repair limpets, scanner etc. It handles amazing in supercruise and scooping takes seconds.
Also the cockpit view is very nice.
I went with an armoured Pp too, just to be on the safe side.

Top Bottom