Question To Frontier Devolopers.

Hi Guys, im used to making low poly assets while still leaving silhouette intact usually 2000 polys or less , so if reducing polys as your chart specified as a constant reduction. on the 6 LODs is needed what is your best advice, Keep the silhouette up to the first 3 levels of LOD, and then drop them on the last 3 , or keep an even reduction in polys across the LODs, which will look way worse for the first 3 stages of LODs.

and the tumble weed blows by on another windy and dry day from frontier. Never thought there scenarios were real.

Looks Like Blizzard and EA have new contender. Of who gives a <removed> about there player base.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sam Denney

Lead Artist
Frontier
Hi Guys, im used to making low poly assets while still leaving silhouette intact usually 2000 polys or less , so if reducing polys as your chart specified as a constant reduction. on the 6 LODs is needed what is your best advice, Keep the silhouette up to the first 3 levels of LOD, and then drop them on the last 3 , or keep an even reduction in polys across the LODs, which will look way worse for the first 3 stages of LODs.

The best method is to to test it on game. When you working on the last three LOD levels, you're starting to get into sub-pixel polys and it's best to sometimes rebuild lowest levels to maintain the silhouette rather than trying to reduce from the high rez mesh.

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
Don't forget that Frontier are based in the UK and their office hours are most likely between 9-5. Generally there are no evening responses.

Pretty poor attitude from the OP for not getting what they want right away, if it took a few days so be it and even then it shouldn't be seen as a right to some sort of response. They do have jobs to do funnily enough. Credit to Sam for replying anyway [up]

Pretty poor attitude from the OP for not getting what they want right away, if it took a few days so be it and even then it shouldn't be seen as a right to some sort of response. They do have jobs to do funnily enough. Credit to Sam for replying anyway [up]

So the Point of Forums is to expect no response really, I thought it was to ask a question or post an Idea and somebody either a would help you with an answer if they could. And if 5 days means right away then we have a very different idea of what time is. BTW cheers for the response Sam.

Last edited:
So the Point of Forums is to expect no response really, I thought it was to ask a question or post an Idea and somebody either a would help you with an answer if they could. And if 5 days means right away then we have a very different idea of what time is. BTW cheers for the response Sam.

The forums are mainly for the players to interact with each other and with Frontier's community team, not a direct line to the developers. Frontier's developer do now and then reply to posts here which is admirable and more than most other developers does. But to assume they should get back to you within a short time frame is kind of absurd in my opinion. The default should be not to expect a direct reply from a developer here and be happy if you are lucky to get one (like today). Being rude probably won't help you getting quicker responses from them, or any response at all going forward.

The forums are mainly for the players to interact with each other and with Frontier's community team, not a direct line to the developers. Frontier's developer do now and then reply to posts here which is admirable and more than most other developers does. But to assume they should get back to you within a short time frame is kind of absurd in my opinion. The default should be not to expect a direct reply from a developer here and be happy if you are lucky to get one (like today). Being rude probably won't help you getting quicker responses from them, or any response at all going forward.

Im sorry but lucky to get a reply from the developers of a game that designed a piece of software for there user base , and its to much for them to answer your question on how to actually use that software. Dude i have been in this business for over 40 years and i know brabun, crowther (the monty mole one), minter and a ton of others. so dont give me ," That Im lucky to be able to talk to the developers of a game i pay there wages too." I did not mean to come of rude at all, I just wanted basic information that would let me create free assets that would prelong there games life. (Sam Im betting you wish you never answered now dude ) :) Btw tony remember when all critism was on BBS and took forever to load , i miss those days.

Last edited:
Im sorry but lucky to get a reply from the developers of a game that designed a piece of software for there user base , and its to much for them to answer your question on how to actually use that software. Dude i have been in this business for over 40 years and i know brabun, crowther (the monty mole one), minter and a ton of others. so dont give me ," That Im lucky to be able to talk to the developers of a game i pay there wages too." I did not mean to come of rude at all, I just wanted basic information that would let me create free assets that would prelong there games life. (Sam Im betting you wish you never answered now dude ) :) Btw tony remember when all critism was on BBS and took forever to load , i miss those days.

I rather have them work in the Game than hang out on the Forums, but hey that is just me.

And if 5 days means right away then we have a very different idea of what time is. BTW cheers for the response Sam.

You posted on Friday night, you expect a developer (who rarely post on the forum) to respond to you over the weekend? 2 whole working days and you're unhappy it took so long. If you've 'been in the business for over 40 years' then you should probably realise your expectations are completely unrealistic and speaking the way you did is a surprise for someone your age to be honest.

Question to Frontier Dev.

Hey frontier Devs. I am using alot of TMTK items in my park and save them as blueprints. However, once i unsubscribe from them to free up room in the navigation panel in the game the items disappear in my park. is there a way that this can be fixed? like once its in your park you don't need to be subscribed to that item anymore or if its part of you blueprint you don't need to be subscribed to it anymore? i am asking to free up what can be valuable space in both the TMTK navigation and blueprint panels in game.

Thank You.

Hey frontier Devs. I am using alot of TMTK items in my park and save them as blueprints. However, once i unsubscribe from them to free up room in the navigation panel in the game the items disappear in my park. is there a way that this can be fixed? like once its in your park you don't need to be subscribed to that item anymore or if its part of you blueprint you don't need to be subscribed to it anymore? i am asking to free up what can be valuable space in both the TMTK navigation and blueprint panels in game.

Thank You.

I'm no dev, but it sounds like that is not possible.

Thank You.

I think this would require game saves to store the data for each item rather than just a reference to it, so would make the save games very large. Probably doable, but not really something that is desirable.

Top Bottom