Powerplay Questions about powerplay! Who can I shoot when? So confused!

Alright, so I am too scared of getting bounties/fines/wanted to try anything out and went to do some research before I opened fire.
One person tells me it is fine to shoot enemy power ships in their own systems, that I would not get any bounties or system authority after me.
Another tells me that is not the case, that if you shoot an enemy power in their system I will get both wanted and attacked by system authority.

So I did some research on my own and came up with the exact same two answers which differ all over the place. Date and time matter not.

Which is it? I understand I can get "wanted" by the powers for carrying PP bounty vouchers, which is fine, but I don't want to get wanted by the local factions.
When can I safely shoot hostile NPCs/Players in powerplay without getting attacked by system authority and without getting any fines/bounties/wanted?

If its shooting other Powerplay NPCs or people, all is good. Be careful not to shoot your own or related factions (i.e. between Fed or Imp factions).

Don't shoot any security or other ships, and don't toast any PP ships in or around stations or facilities.

I would suggest you join the official Powerplay group of the Power you want to fight for. They're all super nice chaps & will teach you everything you need to know.

CMDR Justinian Octavius

If its shooting other Powerplay NPCs or people, all is good.
This is a dangerous statement for noobs like me, it is very incorrect as I've just experimented a bit.

I work for Hudson and shot some Patreus guys in a res zone, I just got swarmed by local authority and got a fine and warrant in that system now. Powerplay is extremely confusing and I don't really want to be have to join a discord to make sense of it.

Can someone please explain who I can shoot where?

Last edited:
I work for Hudson and shot some Patreus guys in a res zone, I just got swarmed by local authority and got a fine and warrant in that system now. Powerplay is extremely confusing and I don't really want to be have to join a discord to make sense of it.

It depends on where you are. If you are in there home they wouldve been clean and thus they are able to fire back. If you were in Hudson territory its more then likely a bug.

Last edited:
This is a dangerous statement for noobs like me, it is very incorrect as I've just experimented a bit.

Click on my banner and join our discord. We can explain everything to you and you will have lots of players to interact with.

Edit: in short you should only shoot at I'm this case Patty At his control systems or expansions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom