Questions for Anaconda Pilots

Hello all,

I bought an Anaconda last night and outfitted it with the intent to make the trip out to Jaques Station to aid in the recovery effort. As this is my first time Piloting an Anaconda, I'm not sure if this is a bug or just a function specific to such a large ship, but here we are: When I am pulling both in to and out of the opening in a station, at about the point where half of my ship is within the opening itself it begins to thrust downward and doesn't stop until the ship is all the way through the opening.

I tested this several times to see if my HOTAS needed calibration or was malfunctioning in some way, but it's working fine. I checked with several other ships I own and this only happens with the Anaconda.

I'm curious, is this a function of the flight assist specific to this ship, or is it a bug? I don't have a great deal of experience flying a ship this large, so I don't really have a feel for the way it handles yet. I thought it was odd and wanted to know if I just needed more practice flying.

Here is my loadout if it helps: https://coriolis.io/outfit/anaconda...2i2f.Iw18ZlA=.Aw18ZlA=?bn=JaquesRescueService

Thanks for reading Commanders.

It is due to the rotational correction going offline as you exit the slot. Manually compensate, you'll get used it after a little practice.

You mean thrust downwards as in:
I see my top vertical thrusters fire up.

Or as in:
Rotational correction turns off and the rotating station entrance is trying to smack me?

"You mean thrust downwards as in:
I see my top vertical thrusters fire up."

This.

I wondered if it was doing this because I was flying too close to the top of the slot and it was correcting itself. Odd.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Thanks for the input. :) I can't wait to practice!

I plan on doing some missions and trading to get myself up to an A class FSD. Hopefully I will adjust.

I don't know if the function is still there, because I haven't flown a small ship in ages, but a long time ago a function was introduces where a ship self centered itself inside the slot. Since the conda is one of the few ships where you sit on top, it might correct itself until it knocks its head against the ceiling.

Its been a long time since I noticed it though. Like 777Driver said, the effect wears off after flying it for a while.

I did some tests a while back, the rotational correction leaves some residual drift. You only really notice it on the big ships.

I know. It's even more noticeable in the Cutter, actually.
OP if you want to get rid of it, just exit the station in the axis of the rotation. That way you'll only have to compensate the roll.

Thank for the tip. I will concentrate on that.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

I know. It's even more noticeable in the Cutter, actually.
OP if you want to get rid of it, just exit the station in the axis of the rotation. That way you'll only have to compensate the roll.

Thanks for the tip. I will concentrate on that.

Must be some rotational correction related problem because I've never noticed it. Why? Cuz I never enter/exit the slot at less than 200m/s [big grin]

Last edited:
I've never noticed this happening either, and I have a-rated thrusters too. Maybe they make a diff? Or maybe I just go through the slot fast enough not to notice. Or something.

My only issue when I first got the Anaconda was not sliding through the slot high enough. I kept dragging the belly until I figured out the correct height. You sit way up top of that ship :)

I'm doing the same - but I figure I'll do some exploring while I'm out there, so I'm including landing buggies and auto-repair units.
Should be fun.
Obviously, if you can, look into getting the A rated jump-drive.

Have to admit, a bit nervous about setting out - and already wishing I could do it in a clipper.

Top Bottom