Questions for experienced Salvagers.

I hope this thread can in some small way be a place to share and discuss the fineries of salvage in the game.

Specifically, I’m interested in salvaging those rare and mysterious commodities such as,

time capsules,
Earth relics,
AI relics,
space pioneer relics,
SAP8Core,
gene bank,
fossil remnants,
antique jewellery,
anti matter containment units,
trinkets of hidden fortune,

any thoughts, leads or online sources of information about each if these items would be most welcome.

Perhaps in return, I can offer but one gameplay offering for you, a friend and I used to farm those rather rare and lucrative Antiquities from a convoy beacon in the permitted Isinor system, the beacon is still there (2020). It contains two war ready anacondas and a t9, my job was to distract the ‘Condas while my pal dug into the T9.

Some of the best fun I’ve had in the game ever.

Any other little precious gems like this out there CMDRs?

Strangepork.

Last edited:
Some of those can be stolen from private couriers that fly around in some systems (I don't hunt these, I just grab them as they turn up in boom systems sometimes so would be grateful if someone could clarify where is best to find them)

Usually you'll see a Keelback, T6, 7 or 9 that's elite rated with the name 'Private Courier'. Get out the hatchbreakers, kill the drives and go robbing.

I can't confirm if these do everything on your list though.

There USS bonus items youll get 1 or 2 random item as the best item and the rest will be rubbish in a USS...
Exploded trade ships will leave a random high item behind in the USS...
Your task is to out wit the RNG and find them..

There USS bonus items youll get 1 or 2 random item as the best item and the rest will be rubbish in a USS...
Exploded trade ships will leave a random high item behind in the USS...
Your task is to out wit the RNG and find them..

Thanks for getting back. Is that any USS or a particular grade?

AI relicts used to drop in USS degraded emissions threat 3 in anarchy and low security systems, terraforming economy for lesser change of any other high grade commodities as mentioned above.

Trinkets of Hidden Fortune are quite common as a cargo of wanted cargo ships around nav beacons, just bring a hatch breaker (you can fire at them, because they are wanted).

SAP 8 core used to drop from federal and imperial convoys much like you described it from isinor.

as for the rest, I'm most interested myself to read pointers!

generally i take the silent running HRP cobra or vulture approach to steal, as an alternartive to use a combat ship and outtank, in the hope the collector limpets aren't shot until the salvage is in.

Duh, sorry for being unclear, though you were helpful anyhow.

Should I be looking in degraded, encoded... which?
degraded. but they come in several threat levels. threat 3+ will drop 1 high drop, for exampel 1 ton of painite (along with e.g. 30 tons toxic waste, 10 scrap and 15 chemical waste)

This works fine for me... as follows:

time capsules,
Earth relics, Algol system on a permanent signal source
AI relics, Medium security systems - interdict Private Courrier Vessels
space pioneer relics,
SAP8Core, War and Civil War systems - interdict Military Courrier Vessels
gene bank,
fossil remnants,
antique jewellery, Medium security systems - interdict Private Courrier Vessels
anti matter containment units, War and Civil War systems - interdict Military Courrier Vessels
trinkets of hidden fortune, Interdict random transport and small ships (Adders are the best)

These Military and Private Courrier vessels are kind of random... they seem to spawn often the more populated the system is... wait in supercruise for them.

I don't know any specifc location for the rest of the mats you're looking for.

Happy hunting!

This works fine for me... as follows:

time capsules,
Earth relics, Algol system on a permanent signal source

Happy hunting!

while i can confirm earth relics in algol, i didn't find an USS containing time capsules.

that said, stealing hafnium is good fun - i'm doing it as said above in a cool running shieldless cobra with 2x3A hatch breaker limpet controllers (to overrun the PD of the t9) - from T4 USS Convoys state war or civil war.

USS for time capsules are a random Degraded Threat 0 with a compass+canister symbol attached to its label on your ship's left panel.

Top Bottom