Questions for the big announcement.

Unfortunately, no AAA developer will specify anything, even in the broadest way, on what they're working on or when it will happen without any announcement, let alone nothing to show. That's the job of marketing instead.

But, as they always say, stick around in their social media platforms for any exciting news they may have to share.;)

They can say at this point in time "this year", which wouldn't be a surprise at all because they've got plenty of time on their hands for any sort of announcement of any way, shape or form. They just can't say what month, day, or any other specified area of this year at this before announcement (or any kind of appropriate revealing scheduled timing for their part) because there are big catches if doing so.

They've been confirming they will have more news to share since forever, which would also include this year, they just can't further specify what that/those news may be and when (not yet anyway). They didn't even explicitly specify if the news for this year will be big or small.

Besides, it doesn't have to be a new update or PDLC, it can be anything in general.

Last edited:
one time special event lasting one week where all the island maps get flooded and we have access to marine dinos lol.

1. Is it another port, or something entirely new?
2. How late in the year are we talking? Like Q3 or Q4?
I don't think they've hinted at anything this far in advance before, so it seems like a step too far for a port, granted it's not impossible.

Gamescom (Late August) seems a favoured time and place for Frontier to show off trailers or gameplay generally, so then would be most likely.

I don't think they've hinted at anything this far in advance before, so it seems like a step too far for a port, granted it's not impossible.

Gamescom (Late August) seems a favoured time and place for Frontier to show off trailers or gameplay generally, so then would be most likely.
I agree not being a port, because there isn't anything else I can think of that would be "good enough" for one. The JWE game is made to be compatible with next gen consoles, albeit unofficially via backwards compatibility. I'm not saying it won't happen at all but it does seem too soon. What I do kinda suspect soon is them furthering expanding their PlayStation player base, the same way they did with PC and Xbox players recently.

Gamescom I'm personally a little bit suspicious for JWE itself, because I would suspect something for it before then. But, I do also suspect some kind of details regarding this upcoming "major global IP" game for this year's Gamescom. A title and trailer announcement if it doesn't do so prior, or further information afterwards as seen with Planet Zoo in 2019.

This thing is planned for FY22 since November 15, 2019, and later confirmed to hopefully contribute "big" to that fiscal year's projected revenue, along with a second "major global IP" game for 2022's F1 season which starts in 2022's March, confirmed to be one of few yearly upcoming Formula One (F1) management games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom