Questions needed - Beta Discussion Livestream with Sandy Sammarco

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
As the changes to the bounty board is going to make it impossible to predict PowerPlay snipes, are there plans for any other changes to PowerPlay?

I noticed that the journal now has the amount of time pledged (in seconds), so maybe there'll be time to add useful information for PowerPlay organizers, like BGS organizers have gotten with the faction information?

Are there plans to move PowerPlay from an entirely separate and costly mechanism to one that is based around the mission and passenger boards?

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Question: Why did you make the dark side of planets actually dark and then take that away without explanation?

It is very jarring to approach a planet from the dark side, see it black and then as you enter OC, see the gamma levels shoot up.

Question: Why did you make the dark side of planets actually dark and then take that away without explanation?

It is very jarring to approach a planet from the dark side, see it black and then as you enter OC, see the gamma levels shoot up.

I think Ed has already answered that one Oz!

Hey everyone!

I've had a word with the devs about this, and just wanted to clear up a couple of things.

The dark side of planets went pitch black in beta 2 due to a bug which disabled environment lighting for all aspects of the game.
As a result of this bug, the planets appeared to be darker in beta 2.
We had to fix this bug because the lighting has changed subtly and unpredictably across the game.
We understand the call for darker 'dark sides' of planets, and we're looking to address this as part of a larger suite of lighting changes coming later in the Beyond season.

We've updated the patch notes to more clearly explain the changes in the beta.

Thanks!

Ed (and Ant Ross)

Did you see this interesting thread on reddit, regarding the lack of variety in NPC portrait features? Once it was pointed out to me, I couldn't stop noticing the complete lack of black hair in NPC crew portraits.

Jane Turner

Volunteer Moderator
1. A simple quality of life request. I've run out of bookmarks and I am about to run out of sidewinders in shipyards, marking the systems we have flipped. More bookmarks would be lovely, colour coded ones and I'd be happier than a very happy thing indeed.

2. Will ATR's follow miscreants around? Remember what a pain it was to have an Adjustor following you about when you defected in Power play. I'd like to see that again.

I really, really appreciate the increase in material storage based on the grade of the material. It also reminded me of a question I've been meaning to ask, are there any plans to increase the module storage limit beyond 60?

Oh, and

Will Plasma Accelerators, burst/beam lasers etc. get the same heat reduction buff as railguns?

There are numerous other double or triple secondaries from 2.4 unavailable in 3.0, eg.weight and power reduction whilst also applying weapon special effects, do you have a plan for dealing with those?

BTW, there is a lot of really, really good stuff in this update, thank you!

Last edited:
Since Lakon is currently THE ship manufacturer. Could we get more information about the lore around Lakon?
Where is the "home system" of Lakon?
What happened to DeLacy as "the Alliance" ship manufacturer?

Will anything be done to allow us achieve secondaries separate to experimental effects equivalent to those that are possible now?

for example;

• Long range pulse laser + 20% distributor reduction + scramble spectrum
  • Long range beam laser + 20% distributor reduction + thermal vent
  • Focused plasma accelerator + 50% thermal reduction + target lock breaker
  • Overcharged multicannon + 50% thermal reduction + emmisive

As Steed said "There are numerous other double or triple secondaries from 2.4 unavailable in 3.0, eg.weight and power reduction whilst also applying weapon special effects, do you have a plan for dealing with those?"

Last edited:
  • What's the plan for the new materials rhenium, boron and lead and why can they not be found on planets or traded at the material broker?
  • Aren't the three railgun experimentals with the -40% thermal load attached too powerful now, and inconsistent with other, similar experimentals for other weapons? Why not make a separate (universal) experimental effect that is just -40% thermal load? Many would appreciate that option not just for railguns, but also other weapons and internal modules.
  • Many grandfathered engineer mods are still not attainable in the new system. Are you going to address this yet? Why not forcibly convert all modules?
  • Any chance of reverting the KWS nerf?

Couple of questions:

1. Given that god roll equivalents will be available on drives, are there any plans on increasing missile flight speed (dumbfires specifically are becoming harder and harder to hit targets at range).

2. Target Lock Breaker effect. Will this have an increased cooldown? Currently if you are being spammed by them, you constantly lose lock.

3. Perma boosting. Alexander the grape made a great post about the original use of ship boost before enginners (tactically used to gain an advantage). Now with engineers, perma boost is possible and it turns some battles into a tedious boostfest. Is this going to be looked at? Maybe constant boosting will damage engines or after each boost, there is a cooldown period or boosting continuously causes higher heat levels?

Any answers, gratefully received.

Any plans to make a relative mouse control toggle keybind?

Could the next ship please be balanced around the FAS/FDL rather than around the clipper/dropship? To make the meta a bit more varied.

Are you looking at buffing bulk and rare trading profit?

Could you please add a filter to the "CMDR trading" filter that'll show open only?

Could you add a heatmap to said filter?

Could you create a "CMDR crime rate" filter in the same way?

And give that a heatmap?

Can we have emergency metal shutters to drop down in the event of a canopy blow out ?
(optional buy in outfitting but adds mass)

Can a battery be added to the power plant so that it works like the life support system, giving players a chance to repair the power plant ?

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
While not part of the beta, any specific PS4 tweaks or updates (apart from bug fixes) worth mentioning on the Chapter One release?

Edit: we now have a PS4 feature request post ;) [here]

Last edited:
Is the current iteration of wing missions the final product or are there plans to expand them with proper "staple" coop scenarios like armored convoys, convoy robberies, surface installation wing raids, megaship raids and installation defence missions against escalating wings of enemies ?

Also why no thargoid wing missions ?

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom