Queue Plazas

So when i think of a queue in real themeparks,it doesn't look like this:
WlUEGvO.jpg

It looks more like this:
B4F4E3c.jpg

So i would want a feature to make queues join automatically to big plazas if they are near each other,like in the second picture!What do you think?[big grin]

So when i think of a queue in real themeparks,it doesn't look like this:
http://i.imgur.com/WlUEGvO.jpg
It looks more like this:
http://i.imgur.com/B4F4E3c.jpg
So i would want a feature to make queues join automatically to big plazas if they are near each other,like in the second picture!What do you think?[big grin]

You build your own buildings over the queue. select the ticket booth and you can then edit "building" on that so it's all aligned with the ticket booth - ideally - build the cover first then lay your queue down after you've built it!

Yeah but there will always be two fences instead of one!![big grin]

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

And some curves [big grin]

i hate the current queue system, its wayyy too frustrating and always looks ugly, i dont want to spend all my time decorating the queue line i want a basic simple queue so i can spend time decorating my coasters!! queues are just bad especially w/ fast pass

give us overflow queues!!!

Last edited:
i hate the current queue system, its wayyy too frustrating and always looks ugly, i dont want to spend all my time decorating the queue line i want a basic simple queue so i can spend time decorating my coasters!! queues are just bad especially w/ fast pass

give us overflow queues!!!
True!!!!!

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Guess it's all a matter of opinion.

I know what you say, single railings would be nice. We would also need square path's to make something like that.
Personally i think those are "nice to have's" but i think the queue lines already had major improvements since RCT3 and with proper theming they look awesome.

I like the queue system but yes it would be good that when you double back on yourself as tight as possible it auto-merges the two lines with one rail and no gap. Square corners are still a big thing I would like to that they keep seeming to ignore but feel it is very important to have options here.

Fast pass is brilliant and certainly not an issue but would be great to offer different options such as a separate path entrance and ride entrance.

I then would also like the ability to shorten the queue with queue breaks/gaps that adjust depending on wait time. So if wait is 15 mins then it is the short length, 30 mins medium and anything above long queue (assuming you have minimum of 3 cut through locations).

This way people can select what they want with pretty much unlimited flexibility.

Got to ask Creaper, but why do you dislike Fastpass so much? You don't have to use it? Just don't make any and it's not a problem.

Regards,

Adam

Got to ask Creaper, but why do you dislike Fastpass so much? You don't have to use it? Just don't make any and it's not a problem.

Maybe he hates them so much because they don't work properly and are buggy.

1. the low, med, high priority setting doesn't seem to work - it's always seems to be one group from main, then one from PP Q.

2. if the PPQ is full but the normal Q is empty, it blocks everyone else getting in the normal Q because the person is in the Q and waiting to join the PPQ.

3. The entrance to the PPQ queue should be options - either joined to the existing queue OR have it as a new queue entrance, but then joining onto the main queue for the exit as it currently does.

i think the queue lines already had major improvements since RCT3 and with proper theming they look awesome.

i strongly disagree that they have had "major improvements" i just dont get why you would say that?? the only change is the addition of fast pass(which is just so much fun to build! not) but they are absolutely not improved, they are worse... and when you say "with proper theming" well that is a completely different aspect of the game and has nothing to do with actual queue placement, they should not require a good theme to look decent, they are really bad compared to classic RCT, especially the ticket booth

Last edited:
Agreed, the queue system is just a pretty reskin of the queues in RCT3, nothing really innovative, I would even dare to say the paths in PC are worse in some aspects (terrain interaction, no square edges, clunky). I really hope they invest some more time in the pathing system, you even see the community devs struggle with it on stream.

There should be pre-show queue lines and more organized looking lines the current one I'm looking at ( OP's ingame pic ) here looks kinda messy

Last edited:
I do feel like a strangely large % of guests purchase the Priority Passes. Not that i'll be complaining when finances go live, but I do see how some of the PPQ bugs/quirks could be detrimental. I feel like once a Tutorial system is created and the devs can explain every feature and how they all should work, a lot of questions will be answered. I would like to see PPQ's be able to dump right into the station. I worked at a theme park for a couple years as a coaster operator, and our Fast Pass queue ended right in the station.

I then would also like the ability to shorten the queue with queue breaks/gaps that adjust depending on wait time. So if wait is 15 mins then it is the short length, 30 mins medium and anything above long queue (assuming you have minimum of 3 cut through locations).

This way people can select what they want with pretty much unlimited flexibility.

I would also appreciate adjustable queues. Maybe an option to have a staff member in the park that would rearrange the lines when needed.

Otherwise if you have a really popular ride, and you build a really long queue; when the park slows down or all the guests are attracted elsewhere temporarily (like a brand new ride or special event), the guests would have to unnecessarily walk through a really long line.

I would also appreciate adjustable queues. Maybe an option to have a staff member in the park that would rearrange the lines when needed.

Otherwise if you have a really popular ride, and you build a really long queue; when the park slows down or all the guests are attracted elsewhere temporarily (like a brand new ride or special event), the guests would have to unnecessarily walk through a really long line.

I've been thinking along the same lines that it would be great to have a "smart queue junction" where you could skip a portion of the line if the crowd is small enough. Similar to an employee opening and closing segments. Here is how I would suggest it works:

Build your queue long for the maximum crowd, but arrange for a point further down to come back and touch an earlier point. With path building, the two paths would automatically join. But a "smart junction" would be a logic point/gate that would open if there was no reason for guests to travel along the length of queue beyond this effective shortcut point.

You could have multiple such points, as with a simple switchback queue where every out-and-back touches the previous point. If there is no crowd, guests skip all the out-and-backs and then, one by one, each switchback gets populated as the line grows.

That sounds good, I'd be satisfied with that. It'd also probably be less complicated to implement than my idea.[up]
I liked your idea too. I could totally see an employee walking down to the queue and moving chains to let people through. Maybe the greeter at the front pulls double duty, although, technically, that person is also collecting ride fees I guess.

Top Bottom