Queue to dock, Get a number!!!

Spamming docking requests shouldn't be in a released game. Emergency priorities would be a bonus too, found myself dying from running out of air once too.

Though ATLEAST give the players a hint to why their docking requests are denied.

I am disappoint...

I agree that a queue for the next available landing spot is needed.
Marco68, one single queue deserving all landing pads is the way to go by the way, as it has been proven to be MUCH faster for everyone than a queue/pad.

There should be also some "preferred" queue for those who have a higher reputation with the faction you want to dock with,
so you would get your docking slot faster as those who are just "neutral", I don't haul that stuff for nothing ;-)

I agree that a queue for the next available landing spot is needed.
Marco68, one single queue deserving all landing pads is the way to go by the way, as it has been proven to be MUCH faster for everyone than a queue/pad.
Yes, I hope it didn't come across otherwise :)

One funny thing I noted, when I was constantly denied the docking permission logging out and then logging in again would help. Don't ask me why, but it worked for me more than once.

Imagine now if 100 pilots logged into the same pad, thats one huge queue for launching, add to that the pilots waiting to land from outside.

As far as i could observe it, you get spawned in a fitting instance everytime you start from a dock, even if you just landed there, so this shouldnt be a thing. So everytime you start, its no more the universe you knew anymore :D

If you can't land at a station you can log to solo mode and try to land there, I know it's not really ideal but at least you get to get on with stuff
Not suggesting this is always the case, but some stations (outposts) will deny you constantly if you have a large ship for which they have no pad fitted.
The queues will also be longer for medium size ships at outposts as there are fewer medium pads

Why Dock at all....?

I am as frustrated as u guys, but my soltution is much simpler... Why Dock at all..

i am pretty sure that 1000 years from now, robots will do repair and refuel in space, not in a Dock
missions.... Well we have chat/internet here in 2014, i onder if you have to land and Shake hands 1000 years from now...

market load/sell etc... Why not introduce player bases Capital haulers that can jet or scoope cargo from and to smaller vessels...

here in 2014 i do not need to go to harbor to see cost of a commodity, in the future it is likely an online service too :)

basicly i only see a need for a Dock when i am offline to Care for my ship til im back og if i want to change ships our refit/outfit (if even that)

the he whole point of there stations seems futile and only add frustration and timeloss in terms of traveling, docking, queing etc... Kill those damm stations, as they are not addin anything to game.....

and yes i wrote that... I cannot see any single feature that is added/cool/fun coming from stations...

so basicly the game is better without them

I blame all of you... after reading this thread and following it... I REALLY want to try being a "StarCom" controller for the hell of it! Obviously it wouldnt work out, but it'd be funny. Hailing ships that jump into sensor range of the access port and such!

What about one queue for the whole station/outpost. As pads free up, the next person gets that pad. Add to this multi hangers. Would be cool dropping down into hangers a few levels and seeing the guys already in. Never know what kind of ships you might see! Maybe a Clipper, or some other slightly rare ship that you did not see dock. Outposts maybe only get a couple hangers, but stations could have several per pad. Five, maybe more?

The docking computer is "queuing up", too. So it would make sense to get a separate allowance for entering the station.
Then it should be common practice to use the GREEN side and leave the space of the RED side free (at least when having a small ship).

Yes, definitely a docking queue would be helpful.

Freaked me out the first time this happened to me: "Did I do something wrong?" "Is this a bug?" "How the @!#!$ am I going to complete this mission?!?"

Confused

Imagine now if 100 pilots logged into the same pad, thats one huge queue for launching, add to that the pilots waiting to land from outside.

Please can someone clarify...:S I was led to believe: There was only a possibility for a maximum of 34 players to be "present" in any one server "instance" at any one time. Is this correct?....... if so; there can be no 100 pilots doing whatever at a time (excluding NPC's of course). (I'm not really up on "Servers", "Hosting" etc. etc.....but willing to be educated):rolleyes:
Cheers

I will bring this up. There another topic. I bring this up. What if your window is broken out. Your running out of Air.

It would be nice to have an emergency landing option, like airliners today have. Of course, if you land and you don't have an emergency then you should be fined.

As for the docking queue, yes please! It took me over 20 minutes to get permission to land at one place and I just managed to deliver the goods before the clock ran out.
Moving to solo just feels like cheating to me so I've not done that yet.

Top Bottom