Quick Habitat and Barrier Wishlist

1. Select a closed path and auto-build a barrier to fit inside (this would be amazing for serious builders and players with OCD)
  2. Draw out a 4-sided shape for a barrier at once (as in the Sims)
  3. Allow changing of barrier segment length after barrier is created
  4. Enable duplication and advanced move for barriers
  5. Add walled option (not just path supports) for raised paths/platforms
  6. Add simple blueprints for raised and lowered viewing stations, and terrain-based cave shelters
Thanks for your consideration!

Great ideas! I would absolutely LOVE an option to snap barriers to paths! I think you can actually change barrier segments lengths already. When you are editing a barrier, if you click on one of the posts, you can change the length of that segment unless is already 20m long.

I was hoping to change all segments of a habitat barrier at once (and it would just intelligently shorten at corners as needed. Not easy, I know. :p

Some of these ideas I think are too tricky to implement. Because of the way the pathing system works, you can't make blueprints with paths included, so the raised/lowered viewing areas idea doesn't work (you'd still need to align your paths exactly right anyway, which IMO is the trickiest part of the game). Advanced move on barriers also wouldn't work I don't think, because the barriers, track rides, and paths all seem to operate on the same system, which is entirely separate from the building/set piece system.

Really what I want is the ability to align the barrier to a grid, the same way you can do it with the paths. It becomes difficult due to the path/barrier collision (since paths cannot be too close to a barrier's edge), but for those who like to build indoor viewing areas using wall pieces and such (including myself) it's extremely difficult to perfectly line up the barrier with the wall pieces.

Some of these ideas I think are too tricky to implement. Because of the way the pathing system works, you can't make blueprints with paths included, so the raised/lowered viewing areas idea doesn't work (you'd still need to align your paths exactly right anyway, which IMO is the trickiest part of the game). Advanced move on barriers also wouldn't work I don't think, because the barriers, track rides, and paths all seem to operate on the same system, which is entirely separate from the building/set piece system.

Really what I want is the ability to align the barrier to a grid, the same way you can do it with the paths. It becomes difficult due to the path/barrier collision (since paths cannot be too close to a barrier's edge), but for those who like to build indoor viewing areas using wall pieces and such (including myself) it's extremely difficult to perfectly line up the barrier with the wall pieces.

Yeah #1 and #6 especially. I think they're just so specific that it makes no sense to dedicate dev time to it.

Top Bottom