Quitting elite if rent on carriers goes ahead

So with the media coverage on having to pay rent on carriers, let me state quite clearly that if this goes ahead I will be uninstalling elite.

Lifetime pass, around $500 spent ingame, 4500 hours play time and I will throw that all away because of a dumb decision like this.

Games are supposed to be about fun, not a IRL simulator where you have to worry about rent, or daily logins to force you to play and who thinks paying rent is fun?

Fdev have showed serious mismanagement over the last year with the delays, losing galnet and all the bugs - now cancelling any bug fixes until carriers come out.

This is not a threat, this is just a simple statement - I will not play elite if I have rent to worry about ingame.

Games are supposed to be about fun, not a IRL simulator where you have to worry about rent, or daily logins to force you to play and who thinks paying rent is fun?

Fun also comes from challange, which encourages you to progress and succeed. Play the game.
As long as the mechanic is ballanced and fair i have no issue with it. If you can buy and sell commodities with these ships and sell services, then its becomes its own business with overheads and profits. You as the commander then have to find the ballance. That is a play mechanic that interests me.

Just owning one and it just sitting there for me to show off is boring.

--Addendum

Solo exploration ships (FC's being configurable) might have lower operating costs.

Last edited:
So with the media coverage on having to pay rent on carriers, let me state quite clearly that if this goes ahead I will be uninstalling elite.

Lifetime pass, around $500 spent ingame, 4500 hours play time and I will throw that all away because of a dumb decision like this.

Fdev have showed serious mismanagement over the last year with the delays, losing galnet and all the bugs - now cancelling any bug fixes until carriers come out.

This is not a threat, this is just a simple statement - I will not play elite if I have rent to worry about ingame.
I honestly don't understand how you rant like this about some carrier when we've had "grind your way" since 2.1.

this isnt about grind, this is the final straw from the last year of Fdevs decisions and poor management

I like the idea, I like the realism of keeping a ship operational.

It doesnt have to be money focused, maybe its materials for module maintenance.

We should have rental for parking ships in normal stations also, but free at your own carrier for you if your carrier.

Since you have a Lifetime pass, I'm sure you will be back at the New Era ;)

this isnt about grind, this is the final straw from the last year of Fdevs decisions and poor management
Which is why its a bit weird. They made a pretty good financial year, so to stop playing a game because of bad management is a message difficult to get across.

I honestly don't understand how you rant like this about some carrier when we've had "grind your way" since 2.1.

At least current forms of grind are a one-time thing.
Inflicting perpetual grind on players is a step up.

If we had to keep on bringing stuff to engineers, for example, to retain our engineered modules, I bet ED would be a different game today.

Content cut for brevities sake

A rose by any other name remains a rose and your statement is a threat - one without any sting but still a threat. So...

Good luck with that, OP. ... ya might as well threaten Walmart to take your business eslewhere if they keep on installing all those self service check out counters (at least Walmart would respond to it if ya sent 'em an email). Walmart could care less and neither does FD. They are a business. Their only obligation is to shareholders. You as a customer are just a means to an end - and end that is to serve the shareholders/owners.

So go ahead. Quit playing ED. The only entity here that will suffer is you because the revenue FD has/will generate off of you is a'kin to a grain of sand on a beach. And they've already got $500 off of ya which is probably way more than the typical ED customer spends.

FD has already won.

At least current forms of grind are a one-time thing.
Inflicting perpetual grind on players is a step up.

If we had to keep on bringing stuff to engineers, for example, to retain our engineered modules, I bet ED would be a different game today.
Good point, when they all take longer than I'd ever realistically play a game it kinda becomes all the same for me.

Top Bottom