Quitting elite if rent on carriers goes ahead

So with the media coverage on having to pay rent on carriers, let me state quite clearly that if this goes ahead I will be uninstalling elite.

Lifetime pass, around $500 spent ingame, 4500 hours play time and I will throw that all away because of a dumb decision like this.

That's $500 YOU chose to spend. Your choice, not the dev's, so suck it up..

Games are supposed to be about fun, not a IRL simulator where you have to worry about rent, or daily logins to force you to play and who thinks paying rent is fun?

And where is there an official statement about daily logins? Oh wait, there isn't. This is just speculation on your behalf - along with some manufactured rage.

Fdev have showed serious mismanagement over the last year with the delays, losing galnet and all the bugs - now cancelling any bug fixes until carriers come out.

This isn't even vaguely factually accurate - apart from the use of the word mismanagement, but that relates to community engagement, not the code.

This is not a threat, this is just a simple statement - I will not play elite if I have rent to worry about ingame.

Sounds like a threat. Smells like a threat. And comes with all the manufactured rage of a threat.

LOL
Rage quits are so funny to me!

Whatever Fleet Carriers turns out to be, it's not going to make much difference to me. The more Frontier spends time on features which are unimportant to me the more I'll play other games during my budgeted game playing time.

The difference between FC and all the other elements you quote is the only way you can enjoy that content is by engaging in credit farming gameplay. The others are choices you make

Must have missed the tweet where FDev stated "Come July, you'll be required to own a FC, or else!".

The others being choices you make, don't make FC less of just another choice you make. FC are yet another end-game content for overly rich players in a game whose one of the main core loops revolves around grinding for money in whichever way you fancy, nothing less, hardly more. As such an option, they'll have plenty of interested players, even with upkeep costs (that will probably verge on the borderline ridiculously low anyway).

Personally not interested, but it's not like I should stop playing because someone else will have another option to have something that I can't/don't want afford. No one can have my stuff, sorry!

Must have missed the tweet where FDev stated "Come July, you'll be required to own a FC, or else!". "Ve haff vays ov making you buy zem!"
No one can have my stuff, sorry! I demand your stuffz, now, and in full!
I won't be able to consider buying one for quite some time, but do hope that we can get one for fish - or FDev give us all 10 billion - in the beta so I can get to play around and experience 'running' one first hand. Then I will make a decision if they are right for me.

I really don't mind, I liked the concept put forward in the Fleetcomm anouncement, like even more the snippets we have been given but really need Thursday and the beta to decide.

So with the media coverage on having to pay rent on carriers, let me state quite clearly that if this goes ahead I will be uninstalling elite.

Lifetime pass, around $500 spent ingame, 4500 hours play time and I will throw that all away because of a dumb decision like this.

Games are supposed to be about fun, not a IRL simulator where you have to worry about rent, or daily logins to force you to play and who thinks paying rent is fun?

Fdev have showed serious mismanagement over the last year with the delays, losing galnet and all the bugs - now cancelling any bug fixes until carriers come out.

This is not a threat, this is just a simple statement - I will not play elite if I have rent to worry about ingame.
Those "I quit the game if..." statements are usually quite infantile and stupid, but in this case, well, it's kinda understandable...
Assets decaying in any way while I'm offline would be a change of tone I might not be able to stomach.

The idea of implementing Solo mode, was to make the game appeal to single player people and those who didn't like the online trend back then. It was a compromise for the missing offline mode.

So, okay, the game is an online game, that's okay for me. Always was, because it didn't come with all these stupid nonsense mmorpgs want you to do. That's daily chores, login rewards, and most awful of all these mechanics: your stuff decaying when not regularly playing.

Offline upkeep is an abomination that would push the game into a direction I hate so much, I would probably drop it. And it's not about the amount of decay, but the simple fact that my stuff is affected while I'm offline.
We'll see on the second of April I guess.

OP, at what point did you get the impression that Frontier is a company that likes to make fun or interesting gameplay loops, as opposed to endless, extremely dull and pointless grind activities?

In my case it will be :

Quitting elite if rAnt on carriers goes ahead

this isnt about grind, this is the final straw from the last year of Fdevs decisions and poor management

I am confused, your thread title and posts aren't clear to me. When posting you need to clarify if you are quitting because:.

a) The game isn't designed specifically for you. The game doesn't meet your personal criteria.

b) FDev as a company isn't making the internal corporate decisions that you would make? Financial, personnel, benifits packages, etc.

6ly will get you nowhere. A rating your FSD will probably cost 2 x the fleet carrier price.

As will getting it brought over to Deciat for Felicity to have a tinker with it.

I have often thought online gaming companies should include an "I quite" feature in the options:

• deletes all player progress
  • deletes all purchased items
  • deactivates subscription
  • provides a screen print allowing a ranting player to post on internet.

I don't like Feet Carriers, I didn't like the idea at the start and now I don't like the price. I will never have anything close to 5 billion in credits. But if you can afford 5 billion base price + more for upgrades, I think you can afford some upkeep.

Funny, really. There were revealed just few basic information about carriers and immediately appears such 'I will quit if ...' posts :D
Like any other normal announcement of an announcement day in Elite world. :)

Frontier: "We're going to announce a new thing that is kind'a like this."
Someone: "Noooo! Don't like! I quit."

Personally I'm also interested with details about rent/maintenance fee, but details should be revealed to us next week. I will wait with my judgement to a moment when full 'picture' will be shown ... (initial info so far looks quite good :) )
I have to admit I was a bit surprised for the price tag, but it does makes sense. And the upkeep, also makes sense, but since life doesn't allow me to put in the same effort anymore, those kind of mechanics just won't work for me. But it's great new things come to the game and some people not only can love it but have time to play it.

I have often thought online gaming companies should include an "I quite" feature in the options:

• deletes all player progress
  • deletes all purchased items
  • deactivates subscription
  • provides a screen print allowing a ranting player to post on internet.
Company: "We're implementing a 'rage quit' button for all upset player who don't like our new features."
Player: "Nooooo! I don't like rage-quit buttons! I rage quit!!!"

this isnt about grind, this is the final straw from the last year of Fdevs decisions and poor management
Grind has the beginning and the end. Upkeeps, whether you play or not, are constant. Are you seriously fine with the possibility that you could waste 5b or more credits because something prevented you from playing the game? Of course, if you are refunded as a consequence, things will play out differently.

Let's wait for live stream, then we can discuss this issue properly.

3uf11y.jpg

PA-THET-TIC

For Pity sake man (Or Woman), get a grip. Simply don't get a Carrier. The game won't miss you, and whilst can't speak for the forum or Frontier, i doubt whether either of them will miss you.....I certainly won't.

Top Bottom