Race to Sagittarius A* from Sol. How long will it take?

Allright. I need a challenge, title say's it all.

At 16 GMT sharp today I shall post a pic as proof I am in SOL system. I won't be surface scanning any planets, I won't stop to see anything of interest. All I shall do is blast away towards that big black menacing center of our galaxy.
Will be posting a pic as soon as I get there as proof, and I can finally add my name to the visitors list.

Game on, place bets now :p

Fly safe CMDR's.

Depends on your jump range,just jump ping scoop I can do 1000 ly in about 45-50 minutes , so at that rate about 50 hours round trip.
If you stay on a specific grid all the way and just use scoop able stars along that grid line and just pick the furthest star in your jump range once the plotter starts to mess about to keep you going at a good pace.

Enty

Last edited:

At 16 GMT sharp today I shall post a pic as proof I am in SOL system. I won't be surface scanning any planets, I won't stop to see anything of interest. All I shall do is blast away towards that big black menacing center of our galaxy.
Will be posting a pic as soon as I get there as proof, and I can finally add my name to the visitors list.

Fly safe CMDR's.

Depends on what ship you're in, jump range and fuel scoop (that can REALLY make a difference!).... I'm in an asp heading toward SagA, on days when i'm bored with scanning i'll just plough on as fast as i can to cover the range.... At a push i can do 1,000Ly in an hour, but i do refuel at every star as i don't know what's round the corner, but i've got a 700+ rate fuel scoop so it literally takes seconds to skim the star to refuel..... So, if you have similar setup i'd say it'll take you at best, flat out with no sleep, 27hrs to reach it, but including toilet breaks, accidents (in game like crashing into stars, but hopefully not related to toilet breaks), fatigue and having to sleep i'd say 3 days if you really cracked on, a week if real life interrupts you! Even doing it within a week would be impressive!! Either way, good luck CMDR!!! :)

Yup, I'd say 1000 lys a hour was about my best but that was in a 26ly clipper, now that I don't care about an obstructed view I can get together a 36 Ly Asp. I was scooping every star but at a rate over 700 class 7 scoop FTW

This is awesome. I didn't make it my last trip out due to a couple mishaps with cooking the ship between binary stars but I did get 14k out and limped back. Scanned my butt off. Took 3 weeks to do that. This however sounds like a fun challenge. I have a 4 day weekend starting now. I may join in the fun. Good luck to you Cmdr and may the force be with you...

Yup, I'd say 1000 lys a hour was about my best but that was in a 26ly clipper, now that I don't care about an obstructed view I can get together a 36 Ly Asp. I was scooping every star but at a rate over 700 class 7 scoop FTW

Your avatar just brought back such wonderful memories!

Depends on your jump range,just jump ping scoop I can do 1000 ly in about 45-50 minutes , so at that rate about 50 hours round trip.
If you stay on a specific grid all the way and just use scoop able stars along that grid line and just pick the furthest star in your jump range once the plotter starts to mess about to keep you going at a good pace.
Enty

The race is only TO Sag A*, not back again. Once I get there I will take my time back home
smile.png

This is awesome. I didn't make it my last trip out due to a couple mishaps with cooking the ship between binary stars but I did get 14k out and limped back. Scanned my butt off. Took 3 weeks to do that. This however sounds like a fun challenge. I have a 4 day weekend starting now. I may join in the fun. Good luck to you Cmdr and may the force be with you...

Great man! Add me ingame, my name is the same as here.

I fly an Anaconda with 39,4LY max, however I reckon an average on about 34LY or so. If my calculations are right, and I don't succumb to my nicotine addiction every 15 mins, I believe I will be there by 0600 tomorrow morning. Only time will tell.

It took me 20 hours to get there, before the route planner update in my then 30 ly range Asp. Good luck pilot you will need it ;)

I'm number 11 in 'da club' if you're interested :)

Last edited:
I timed myself in my Asp for a 1 Kylie trip using skip and go scooping, 20 mins. Do 2 of those an hour with 20 mins plotting and peeing gives me an average speed of 2000ly/hr

I could (but wouldnt) do it in a day with intravenous red bull

Fly safe CMDR's.

Good idea!
I suggest to take it easy... just take pictures when you start and finish each session and calculate the each partial time and sum to get the total...
This way you can avoid being fired from work / being ended by girlfriend (or boyfriend) / being found dead on the HOTAS / etc...

Good idea!
I suggest to take it easy... just take pictures when you start and finish each session and calculate the each partial time and sum to get the total...
This way you can avoid being fired from work / being ended by girlfriend (or boyfriend) / being found dead on the HOTAS / etc...

Hey, it's friday. I have had a good nights sleep, and work today was easy going. I shall take my time, sure, when I get there. This is only to see how fast it is possible to get to Sag A*. I'm dead set on doing this... so if you see "Man found dead, was playing ED" in the news... well, you know who it is :p

Good luck.

My estimate, in a 'conda with ~40ly range is little over 10 hours. Add to that some 'comfort' breaks you should be able to do it in 12 hours.

Top Bottom