Ships Rail Guns. Small vs Medium

Does 1D rail gun have any penalty against large ships?
If no i think small rail gun is better than medium because lower heat impact and higher rate of fire.
Am i right?

Even small railguns have a penetration value in excess of any ship's armor hardness, so they do full damage (less thermic/kinetic resistance, of course) to all human ships. They also cycle faster than mediums.

However, medium rails still do more damage per shot, more damage over a given length of time, and more damage between reloads.

Even small railguns have a penetration value in excess of any ship's armor hardness, so they do full damage (less thermic/kinetic resistance, of course) to all human ships. They also cycle faster than mediums.

However, medium rails still do more damage per shot, more damage over a given length of time, and more damage between reloads.

Thank you.

I made corvette build with all rail guns long range + super penetrator and got a lot fun in PvE. But difference in shot time between small and medium is annoying.

Now i want to try all small because it lose less DPS with plasma slug and i think i will not need to follow ship temperature a lot.

Top Bottom