Railroad Crossings in Planet Coaster

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Fantastic idea! I'd love to have functioning railroad crossings on paths.

We can already make fake railroad crossings but guests won't stop when a train crosses the path.

Perhaps this can be implemented by making the curbs that block guests triggerable as active/disabled for x amount of time by an approaching train? The amount of time would have to be customisable in order to fine-tune it depending on how long guests will have to be blocked from crossing the railroad. The curbs would have to be hidden beneath the path, so this would take some work, but it would also certainly be nice to have in the game.

Perhaps this can be implemented by making the curbs that block guests triggerable as active/disabled for x amount of time by an approaching train? The amount of time would have to be customisable in order to fine-tune it depending on how long guests will have to be blocked from crossing the railroad. The curbs would have to be hidden beneath the path, so this would take some work, but it would also certainly be nice to have in the game.

I have absolutely loved this idea from the very first time someone mentioned it when barriers got released!! big +1 from me!

Would this be too difficult to implement? At least we have the collision off option to intersect track with path. It’s more realistic to make crossings with only the tops of the rails showing through the path. Raise land where you want your crossing to form ramps on both sides of the track, build path, then track. Add crossbuck signs and perhaps gates.

It would be great to have a functioning crossing track piece. You'd join up paths either side and the gates would close when trains were approaching. Ideally a choice of gate types e.g. UK or USA.

Excellent idea. Unsure how it would look in game though. I initially thought something along the lines of the ride queue system could work for stacking guests waiting to cross but maybe something like the vista point would be more natural.

Also the ability to bury train tracks in paths would be amazing, as Robert K suggested - so only the rails are showing, allowing the track to blend in with a plaza for example.

Top Bottom