Work In Progress Railroad Signal & Barrier (Animated & Triggerable)

I started some Days (around 2 Weeks) before the TMT was out on a Railroad Signal and Barrier which i want Animate/Triggerable.
Currently i work some times on it but since you cant currently add Animation States to the Model i slowered a bit the Work on it till it possible to do that.

You can place the Barrier and the Light of it as separate Objects. The Signal is one Object.

Here are my 2 Previews how it will look later InGame (Currently non-Textured!).

PC_RailroadSignal.gif

PC_RailroadCrossing_Light-Barrier.gif

Can you or somebody please make a US crossing signal? Like the ones Vodhin made for RCT3? And a flashing crossbuck by itself without the gate? If you release this one with the gate as a separate object, then I can make a US crossbuck with default scenery pieces. I would also love if crossing gates could act as a barrier when activated and let people through when raised. If Frontier won’t make working crossings, then this is the next best thing because we can already build railroad track through path to make level crossings but no way to stop people from walking across tracks when train is coming. I make better crossings by raising ground to level of tops of rails so that only the tops of the rails show on path, sort of like a ramp up to the tracks then down again.

Last edited:
Awesome! Thank you for making this, I wanted this. Eventually I will learn Blender and start making things for PC, but not yet. Cant wait to see this textured and In game.

Here is the first InGame Preview...
Animation is finished so far.
Texturing takes still a bit... There are still some Problems.

vbzqysbz.gif

If you check the workshop, someone is making a US style signal with lights and gate. There is an unpainted one available. I was hoping someone would make a set like Vodhin’s RCT3 set. There is a crossing bell sound in the sound effects. It might have been with one of the DLC packs.

I have stopped working on it currently (not Canceled) because there are still no options/functions to Trigger the Animation Seconds to say that the Signal stay infinite open etc.
I will continue the Work if such functions are implemented into the Game/TMT.

I have stopped working on it currently (not Canceled) because there are still no options/functions to Trigger the Animation Seconds to say that the Signal stay infinite open etc.
I will continue the Work if such functions are implemented into the Game/TMT.

Unfortunate.

Why not just make it a static open for now? I really like your model and texture quality, and would love to use it even if its not 100% right now with animations.

So, obviously they are not usable by the peeps, as they just walk right through anyway, I would just make it stay open as default position, and trigger close for 30 seconds?

Top Bottom