Rainforest Animal Pack Ideas

Tasmania, too, right? That would be good, as well
I had to look that up, but yes, Tasmania does have temperate rainforests!
But these are really ecosystems that get overlooked, especially in the PNW with the Douglas Fir trees. They depend heavily on mycorrhizal association (A mutualistic fungus in the soil) to absorbs water. So much so, that the Temperate rainforests of the U.S. Canada, can be said to be the only ecosystem in the world that relies on a fungal consumer base more than a primary producer.

What animals would fit this category?
In the NW? Cougar, Black and Brown bear, coyote, NA river otters, American Beaver, Ringtails, Various voles and rabbits, veritable hordes of salamnders, and the Rubber Boa (Northern most living Boa). Salmon would be a big one here, which I'd look to see, but not sure how that would far with other players. Of course, then you have Bald Eagles, Ospreys, golden eagles, etc.
In NZ, you'd be looking at things like Takahe, Kakapo, Fiordland skink Tuatara, and insects like the weta.

Quite a lot actually, I just didn't count some of the other areas, as when it comes to Temperate Rainforests, U.S, Canada, and Oceania have some of the least disturbed in the world.

Temperate rainforests would be super cool!

• Tasmanian devil (Oceania)
  • Wombat (Oceania)
  • Wild boar (Europe, Asia)
  • Raccoon (North America)
  • American black bear (North America)
  • Beaver (North America)
  • Pudu (South America)
  • any

Stars being the Tasmanian devil and beaver. Good fits being the wild boar, raccoon, Am black bear. And obscure being the pudu and wombat. And yes, I count a wombat as an obscure animal :p Before I joined this forum, I didn't know wombats existed.

Or a general rainforests animal pack:
  • Tasmanian devil (Oceania)
  • Tree kangaroo (Oceania)
  • Any gibbon (Asia)
  • Capybara (South America)
  • Any sloth (South America)
  • Fossa (Africa)
  • Red river hog (Africa)
  • any

Stars being the Capybara and gibbon. Good fits being the Tasmanian devil, sloth, red river hog. Obscure being the tree kangaroo and fossa.

*This is all assuming that animals like cougars, red deer, moose will come in other packs (Europe, NA).

They could do two "around the world" forest type packs. That could get us both the Gibbon and Leopard from Asia, and Tasmanian Devil and Wombat from Oceania. Also Maned Wolf and Capybara from South America and Red River Hog and a chameleon for Africa (leaving off North America as yet...)

They can be found in wet and dry forests of Brazil as well as the Cerrado haha, it'd be a good excuse to get a beautiful animal in the game nonetheless! Dall Sheep technically aren't even Arctic animals, yet here we are :p
The modern range of the Dall sheep extends deep into the Arctic Circle, so I'm not sure where you got that idea. According to everything I've read, the most forest covered by the maned wolf is sparse woodland similar to what you'd find on the African savannah, certainly not rainforest. IMO the bush dog is a better candidate for the South American rainforest, and wholly unique compared to any of the other canines in the game (I believe they can also climb to a limited degree, but I could be thinking of something else).

Dall sheep range for reference:
dall sheep range.png

The modern range of the Dall sheep extends deep into the Arctic Circle, so I'm not sure where you got that idea. According to everything I've read, the most forest covered by the maned wolf is sparse woodland similar to what you'd find on the African savannah, certainly not rainforest. IMO the bush dog is a better candidate for the South American rainforest, and wholly unique compared to any of the other canines in the game (I believe they can also climb to a limited degree, but I could be thinking of something else).

Dall sheep range for reference:
View attachment 256255
Agree to disagree :)

Okay so no Maned Wolf...or...um, maybe....hmmmm. How about a sloth?

Though I don't know how else to work in the Maned Wolf somewhere else in the game. :ROFLMAO:

Even though something like a cats and dogs pack could work, for example maned Wolf and Mr worldwide on one side and the sandcat and the fishingcat on the other side.
4 continents, 4 bioms and 4 great and marketable animals.
And as exibit the flea.

Even though something like a cats and dogs pack could work, for example maned Wolf and Mr worldwide on one side and the sandcat and the fishingcat on the other side.
And as exibit the flea.
Wouldn't it be nicer to have such a pack be larger? Like make it an animal pack with 8 species:

Canids & Felines:
Maned wolf (SA), bush dog (SA), arctic fox (NA, EU, AS), ocelot (SA), pallas cat (AS), Iberian lynx (EU), jaguarundi (SA), serval (AF).
Maned-wolf.jpg
E2P3CzpVUAAa--C.jpg
1200px-Iceland-1979445_%28cropped_3%29.jpg
grootte-ocelot.jpg

5af043fe1fc3f8c120da0878508b6c09.jpg
800px-iberian-lynx-linces6.jpg
jaguarundi-850x585.jpg
serval-full-body.jpg

Wouldn't it be nicer to have such a pack be larger? Like make it an animal pack with 8 species:

Canids & Felines:
Maned wolf (SA), bush dog (SA), arctic fox (NA, EU, AS), ocelot (SA), pallas cat (AS), Iberian lynx (EU), jaguarundi (SA), serval (AF).
Maned-wolf.jpg
E2P3CzpVUAAa--C.jpg
1200px-Iceland-1979445_%28cropped_3%29.jpg
grootte-ocelot.jpg

5af043fe1fc3f8c120da0878508b6c09.jpg
800px-iberian-lynx-linces6.jpg
jaguarundi-850x585.jpg
serval-full-body.jpg
Great choices - I would only add Stripped Hyena - such a diverse animal with an amazing distribution range.
0B20F695-643C-4D82-BA16-760F9156A7DB.jpeg

1628683306505.jpeg

And as exibit the flea.

What species would Mr. Worldwide be? I would buy a canid and feline pack for sure. Actually I'd buy a canid only pack, but I know I'm in the minority there. Wild Canids are my favorite family of animals as a whole (there's a few animals that I do like more but not as a whole family). And felines are right behind them, so a wild dogs and cats pack would be very enjoyable to me. Maned Wolf/Jackal/Coyote/Bat Eared Fox/Grey Fox/Red Fox/Arctic Fox/Bush Dog as options vs. African-Amur-Indian-Persian Leopard/Iberian-Canadian-Eurasian Lynx/Cougar/Ocelot/Caracal/Serval/Pallas Cat/Jaguarundi as feline options.

Oh! Just realized Mr. World wide..probably Red Fox right?

I really do hope that this datamined Rainforest scenery doesn’t refer to SA pack but it’s just totally new one that we will see this September along with brachiation.

Top Bottom