Random plants and trees

I suggest Frontier to rethink a little bit the plants and trees.

When you have to place the same tree or bush for a lot of times you can see that it is the same tree or bush copied. The only way to vary a little bit is to rotate it. How about a random rotation after any placement so that you don't have to do it manually?

Alternatively there could be many shapes of the same tree or bush to choose from.

What do you think?

There will almost certainly be a lot more to choose from in the final game, but randomising the rotation automatically would definitely help. If there were also the option to scale things up or down a little this would add to the variation even more. I'd also love to see a foliage painting tool to quickly cover an area in long grass, shrubs or forest.

I agree. I think a check box hear the snapping options should also have a "Random Rotation" check box. So to fill garden and forested areas much faster without manual rotation.
Cheers.

There will almost certainly be a lot more to choose from in the final game, but randomising the rotation automatically would definitely help. If there were also the option to scale things up or down a little this would add to the variation even more. I'd also love to see a foliage painting tool to quickly cover an area in long grass, shrubs or forest.

Hey guys, I am brand new to this game/simulator. I too, wish there were an auto random rotate feature as well as a scaling option for foliage. I have not attempted this, as I just got this game last week, but it is possible to move your objects on the "Z" access (up and down). Maybe with a bit of rotation and some z axis elevation offset, you can create an illusion of size differences using the same tree, bush or plant. This would lend itself well with trees with long trunks. Basically sinking your objects to make them appear shorter. Just my thoughts. I'll be trying this tonight!

I personally would rather this not be on by default, happy with a checkbox on/off system but for some paths i like the trimmed trees to all be in the exact same rotation.

again happy for it to be there as an option

I personally would rather this not be on by default, happy with a checkbox on/off system but for some paths i like the trimmed trees to all be in the exact same rotation.

again happy for it to be there as an option

Agree completely! I would find it better to have a checkbox for this - but I like the idea very much!

Top Bottom