Ranking up issues

I just noticed something that has me SERIOUSLY confused and a little upset.

I haven't been able to go online to play since I got the game a few weeks ago.

As soon as I could install a fighter bay I hired an AI Pilot.

For the longest time, my rank percentage progress was exactly 10% above my hired pilot.

I noticed that that ten percent was closing a couple days ago when I reached 93% on my Combat rank.

This morning my Hired Pilot just ranked up to Master and I'm still at 93% Novice.

I watched the official training videos by way of the game itself; and according to the Multi-Player video, all players in Multi-Player mode share the experience equally, including the hired pilots. As such, my hired pilot should not have ranked up before me.

Has anyone noticed anything like this and what gives?

Last edited:
AI SLF pilot ranks are not equal to human commander pilot ranks and never have been they rank up faster to combat that they permanently DIE..
A good job too, they don't have an escape pod, if your primary ship dies they have perma death and you have to start from zero with new SLF pilot...
The only escape system on ship is for you commander, they are left behind in cold space...

Last edited:
And if the crewmember dies and are Elite level, it is very, very emotional. Honestly, i never actually cried😰
From Harmless to Elite, then first time out after making Elite in an AXCZ, Dong King was no more. I actually turned off for the night as a mark of respect.
I am aware i am far too old to make this a reasonable thing to do.

o7

perma death of the crew member.
An other bad and ridiculous game design...
I lost mine this week because I had a pvp fight...

And if the crewmember dies and are Elite level, it is very, very emotional. Honestly, i never actually cried😰
From Harmless to Elite, then first time out after making Elite in an AXCZ, Dong King was no more. I actually turned off for the night as a mark of respect.
I am aware i am far too old to make this a reasonable thing to do.

o7
What's messed up is the conda and other ships have multiple escape pods visible on the hull yet apparently only 1 works haha.

AI SLF pilot ranks are not equal to human commander pilot ranks and never have been they rank up faster to combat that they permanently DIE..
A good job too, they don't have an escape pod, if your primary ship dies they have perma death and you have to start from zero with new SLF pilot...
The only escape system on ship is for you commander, they are left behind in cold space...
I am aware of the perma death for the hired pilots.

I appreciate your response. So what you ar
What's messed up is the conda and other ships have multiple escape pods visible on the hull yet apparently only 1 works haha.
i believe those are used by contract passengers if you are doing passenger contracts if they become that dissatisfied with your service and such.

Top Bottom