[EMPIRE] Ranking up w Empire past Duke?

I’ve spent the past 2-3 weeks ranking up w the Empire, finally achieved Duke and can now get myself a fancy Imperial Cutter to impress all the thargoid-ladies but is there any benefit at all to continue going through the remaining two ranks to get King? As far as I can tell, there’s no benefit in doing so and I’m already able to get the highest perk w Imperial Rank of Duke so what’s the point??

Ages ago there was a thread where a bunch of us wondered the same thing. We had all maxed the ranks before FD added more ranks and we maxed those too.
Surely we thought that since FD had ranks from the very begining there had to be more than just using rank for ships.
We were all hoping FD had plans for the top ranked players in special missions and such.
Getting all the top ranks is easy, all ye need to do is play the game. It was never a grind except for peeps that had to have rank to get ships.
I hope it doesn't end there.

But as of now, there’s no need or even a perk gained by ranking up beyond Baron then. Seems like Fdev forgot?

It impresses women. Ok, it doesn't. But it sounds cool, eh? :)
Thargoid women, to be precise. Due to their extreme size, I hear they like to pin the ship to their topmost petal and wear it like a badge of honor. But that’s off topic now (sorry)

But as of now, there’s no need or even a perk gained by ranking up beyond Baron then. Seems like Fdev forgot?
You will be a king. A king!
Also in the future when bigger ships will be available to purchase you are closer to your dream Imperial Frigate or Imperial Cruiser, hm.

You will be a king. A king!
Also in the future when bigger ships will be available to purchase you are closer to your dream Imperial Frigate or Imperial Cruiser, hm.
Ah I didn’t really consider bigger ships but assuming bigger ships come that’ll be worth it then!

Top Bottom