Rare Commodities List!

I always wondered, in the case of a rare, if it wasn't the faction supplying the rare.
Yes, but as far as I'm aware it's the faction who control that station, rather than the faction who control the system.
In most cases the rare exists in the system's "primary" station, so the system and station are controlled by the same faction, there's just a few odd cases where the two don't match.

How long does it take to get to Pinzon Dock?
39 minutes according the rares list. It lists Hutton Orbital as 88 minutes supercruise, which is about right, so I'd imagine 39 minutes is correct as well. :)

Yes, but as far as I'm aware it's the faction who control that station, rather than the faction who control the system.
In most cases the rare exists in the system's "primary" station, so the system and station are controlled by the same faction, there's just a few odd cases where the two don't match.
That makes perfect sense. So many Rare systems have the Rare station owned by the system owner that this issue hasn't been raised before. I will test & fix it, carefully (=not rushing it)

39 minutes according the rares list. It lists Hutton Orbital as 88 minutes supercruise, which is about right, so I'd imagine 39 minutes is correct as well. :)
My magic SC distance -> minutes formula seems to have stood the test of time (sic). Unless you tell me different it is generally accurate +- the odd minute

Zoy, one thing I noticed from your list, you still have the "Onionhead Beta Strain" in HIP 112974 marked as suppressed, it is not at the moment.

Having said that the Union of Chualang Mu is now at 27% creeping back up to Green Party of HIPs 34.9%

Quick update on boom spawns:

Crom Silver Fesh - boom supply is 26t

Pavonis Ear Grubs - boom supply is actually 45t, I wonder if something else was active in the faction or system that dragged in down to 30t before?

I took screenshots, but can't upload to imgur at the moment (posting from work).
In 3.1 the descriptions of the often illegal rare commodities now tell you exactly which faction types the commodity is legal in. The details appear to be correct, comparing them to my legality research results for my Black Riband II race.

--EDIT--

Also, Kongga Ale, Boom supply = 24t

Last edited:
Wow - great find - they must have silently added some new ones?!

Ok, I cheated a little bit. We got a data update sheet and I found two unknown Items: "Baked Greebles" and "Platinum Alloy"
For the alloy the systemname was mentioned in the description, here are the two entries:

Foods/Baked Greebles
These tough, limpet like creatures were originally thought to be inedible. However, pioneering colonists discovered that a combination of high pressure and chemical treatment in an ammonia-based solution could render these iron rich creatures into a digestible and delicious food source. They are now considered a delicacy around their galaxy.

Metals/Platinum Alloy
An ultra-strong metal alloy used in the manufacture of robotics, heavy machinery and weaponry. Due to the dangerous nature of mining and processing the alloy and fusing it with Platinum, most systems refused to produce it and the technique was almost lost. Now the factions of the Nahuatl system are the only people with the knowledge to create the metal.

Ok, I cheated a little bit. We got a data update sheet and I found two unknown Items: "Baked Greebles" and "Platinum Alloy"
For the alloy the systemname was mentioned in the description, here are the two entries:

Foods/Baked Greebles
These tough, limpet like creatures were originally thought to be inedible. However, pioneering colonists discovered that a combination of high pressure and chemical treatment in an ammonia-based solution could render these iron rich creatures into a digestible and delicious food source. They are now considered a delicacy around their galaxy.

Metals/Platinum Alloy
An ultra-strong metal alloy used in the manufacture of robotics, heavy machinery and weaponry. Due to the dangerous nature of mining and processing the alloy and fusing it with Platinum, most systems refused to produce it and the technique was almost lost. Now the factions of the Nahuatl system are the only people with the knowledge to create the metal.

naughty naughty
well looks like they are not new, Baked Greebles have been around a long time but were taken off the list as it was thought to be something else!

old patch note

"Added in sets of baked greebles for the Anaconda and Type9, which should optimise these ships considerably
Added baked greebles for the Bernal Sphere station for optimisation
Added baked greeble optimisation for CobraMKIII" ect

Last edited:
Metals/Platinum Alloy
I hope this one hasn't been activated yet. It would be a good excuse for a mining CG.

Finally:

9up1l0.jpg

Tiegfries, Larbalestier Dock (563,000ls)

Last edited:
Excellent! What unlocked it - was it the faction? And any more still need finding - I vaguely remember this as being the last unknown.
My guess is either it was bugged, or never actually activated in the first place. Since there wre a couple of other new ones, I thought I'd take a look. Done this with other releases with no luck. This time it payed off.

Top Bottom