COMPLETED CG Rare Goods Required for Galactic Summit

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Does it have to be a high Res? I have been in a Haz red for over an HR and not seen 1 drop yet?

Any particular system / system state I need to be in? Thanks

They should drop from military ships like vultures, alliance ship, fed bricks
Some ships might also drop Polymer Capacitors (G4 material in the same line) - but then you have to visit a manufactured material trader
Or find some War / Civil war HGE and maybe you are lucky enough to get some Military Supercapacitors (G5 in the same line)

...and a high res is just easier - you can follow the pack of police ships

Thanks.... And 1 other question which is related to this thread as it is about getting this FSD

I am a bit of a noob when looking at system states etc. Would this be a good place for data lines wake exceptions? Currently I have only 7 and think I need 10 per FSD.

1 faction is in famine but not all.

It's a juggling act with v limited game time. want to equip 5 ships with this drive and so should get whilst on offer, however also fancy the 2 viper skins. Now the current CG has been expanded to the point it will run all week, my job of top 25% is a lot harder all of a sudden

Does it have to be a high Res? I have been in a Haz red for over an HR and not seen 1 drop yet?

Any particular system / system state I need to be in? Thanks

You could also use a Materials Trader. 6:1 on lower level capacitors (Hybrid Capacitors, but those seem even more rare) or 6:1 on same level other manufactured tech. If you aren't doing a lot of shielded engineering upgrades, you might have a bunch of Shielded Sensors filling your hold. I seem to get a LOT of Phase Alloys and Focus Crystals. Even though I do use them for resistance, lightweight, and range, I still have a huge surplus.

The fun way, IMHO, to farm them is a pirate massacre mission, preferably in a high security system ;)

Thanks.... And 1 other question which is related to this thread as it is about getting this FSD

I am a bit of a noob when looking at system states etc. Would this be a good place for data lines wake exceptions? Currently I have only 7 and think I need 10 per FSD.

It's a juggling act with v limited game time. want to equip 5 ships with this drive and so should get whilst on offer, however also fancy the 2 viper skins. Now the current CG has been expanded to the point it will run all week, my job of top 25% is a lot harder all of a sudden

Ashby in Luyten's Star was still spawning high wakes faster than I could scan them yesterday. The insane player traffic do to the recent CGs has really made it a great place to farm wakes.

Still a very boring activity, so I try to do it a bit in chunks. Probably the least boring would be to just remember to scan high wakes often when entering and (especially) exiting stations. That doesn't help NOW, though (and I still need a few more myself).

You can use inara to search for systems in famine - but iirc you get distribution center only if the rulling faction is in Famine (i might be wrong)
you can settle in a high population system that is also a control center for powerplay - the traffic at stations there is insane
And not at last, you can go to Jamesons, spend 20 minutes relogging there, top up then trade them for DWE - you'd get 16 from trading the G5 and another 4 if you top up the G4 material at Jamesons too = so a grand total of 20

It may be possible to simply buy those skins with cash or ARX? I have never done this so may be totally wrong.
Edit: they may be special skins...

Last edited:
Old 5A FSD with G5 Long range engineering and mass manager experimental effect applied
Versus
New 5A FSD with G5 Long range and fast boot engineering and no mass manager experimental effect applied

Attachments

• HighResScreenShot_2021-02-26_11-58-42.jpg
    HighResScreenShot_2021-02-26_11-58-42.jpg
    719.5 KB · Views: 128
  • HighResScreenShot_2021-02-26_11-59-35.jpg
    HighResScreenShot_2021-02-26_11-59-35.jpg
    717.6 KB · Views: 129
Ashby in Luyten's Star was still spawning high wakes faster than I could scan them yesterday. The insane player traffic do to the recent CGs has really made it a great place to farm wakes.

Still a very boring activity, so I try to do it a bit in chunks. Probably the least boring would be to just remember to scan high wakes often when entering and (especially) exiting stations. That doesn't help NOW, though (and I still need a few more myself).
Thanks scanned maybe 30 wakes but none of the right stuff.

Is this FSD supposed to show both modifications (Fast Boot + Increased Range) when you check the modifications in Outfitting? Mine only shows Increased Range.

Is this FSD supposed to show both modifications (Fast Boot + Increased Range) when you check the modifications in Outfitting? Mine only shows Increased Range.
No, game’s UI doesn’t know about stacking mods. But look at the stats, specifically boot time, integrity and optimised mass, and you’ll see what’s been changed.

I unlocked the FSD with the tech broker. It states the Fsd is now available in outfitting. I browse the shop and there is no modified fsd there. Am I looking in the wrong place?

I unlocked the FSD with the tech broker. It states the Fsd is now available in outfitting. I browse the shop and there is no modified fsd there. Am I looking in the wrong place?
Outfitting > Stored Modules. Not the shop (tech broker cost is to purchase 1 drive, not unlock them).

I did the same as Kort, but I got nothing! There is a 5A FSD with a Grade 5 Increased Range mod on it in storage, but nothing else. I'm in an Anaconda, with a 6A FSD, that also has a Grade 5 Increased Range mod, but if I put the one in storage in my ship, I lose 22.99LY (63.94LY down to 40.95LY). Also, I figure that the 5A FSD could be one I left there, but I actually doubt it. I have to say I'm very disappointed at not getting anything (unless the 5A FSD was what I got, which is useless for my ship). :(

Just read the CG info again, and I see that the reward is only a long range fast boot 5A FSD, which I put on my Asp Explorer. It doesn't boot any faster than the old 5A FSD with the Increased Range mod. :(

Last edited:
I did the same as Kort, but I got nothing! There is a 5A FSD with a Grade 5 Increased Range mod on it in storage, but nothing else. I'm in an Anaconda, with a 6A FSD, that also has a Grade 5 Increased Range mod, but if I put the one in storage in my ship, I lose 22.99LY (63.94LY down to 40.95LY). Also, I figure that the 5A FSD could be one I left there, but I actually doubt it. I have to say I'm very disappointed at not getting anything (unless the 5A FSD was what I got, which is useless for my ship). :(
It's exactly what was promised.
If the initiative is successful, Sirius Corporation will make the fully engineered long range fast boot size 5 Frame Shift Drive available for purchase at all human technology brokers.

Each tier reached will further reduce the resources required for acquiring the module in the first two weeks of availability, starting on the 26th of February 3307.
Don't use a Conda, use a ship with a class 5 FSD :rolleyes:

From the CG text:

"If the initiative is successful, Sirius Corporation will make the fully engineered long range fast boot size 5 Frame Shift Drive available for purchase at all human technology brokers"

It's only the size 5 that was the reward (both the free one, if you qualified, and the one for purchase after the event). Anaconda uses a size 6 FSD, so you don't want to fit the CG reward one really.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom