COMPLETED CG Rare Goods Required for Galactic Summit

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
4 days earlier. 4 Days !? FD should prohibit carriers to take part in this. I made the complete tour, just to realize, it was a complete waste of my time. What is the use for new players when these lazy but greedy people with their carriers $§%# everything here.
Carriers did not play an important role in this CG. One could easily get as much cargo without them, as the supply of rare items was limited anyway. That's probably why the CG was completed so fast.

4 days earlier. 4 Days !? FD should prohibit carriers to take part in this. I made the complete tour, just to realize, it was a complete waste of my time. What is the use for new players when these lazy but greedy people with their carriers $§%# everything here.

If you enjoy the game then it isnt a waste of time. And why are fc owners lazy and greedy? Once i have EARNED my FC i will also be using it for trade cg's. And why shouldnt i? They are part of the game to be used, not just to camp up in a system looking pretty.

Carriers did not play an important role in this CG.
I agree.
However, I am still wating for the complaints of the FC owners who were still filling up their gazillions of cargo slots in +48 (or +60 in case of beer) increments when the event closed on them Sundy bevor they could purge their cargo hold into Asby's.
Now they only have the net gain of up to 2 billion credits for their rare cargo, but not the single free class 5 FSD they now need to buy from their meager earnings.
:)

Personally I am afraid I did not perform well in this CG, only made hour long trips to places I never have seen before, saw rare goods I din't know existed (snails xxl, yuk) fought with pirates, had a near fatal fuel accident approaching Yurchikhin at Geras. All in all a waste of time which I didn't notice passing. :-}
Where are the spreadsheet warriors when you need them?
Bean rats (or bean counting rats?) to the rescue.

I have the following 24 ships with a size 5 FSD:

Frame Shift Drive5AShielded5Mass Manager0 CrUsed on LRV Shunned House ³
Frame Shift Drive5AFaster boot sequence5Deep Charge0 CrUsed on McRip ³
Frame Shift Drive5ALong/increased range5Mass Manager0 CrUsed on [IDA] Pleiades Rescue ²
Frame Shift Drive5ALong/increased range50 CrUsed on Storage 2 *
Frame Shift Drive5ALong/increased range50 CrUsed on McXplorer
Frame Shift Drive5ALong/increased range5Mass Manager0 CrUsed on McDelivery
Frame Shift Drive5AShielded4Deep Charge0 CrUsed on LRV Outsider ³
Frame Shift Drive5ALong/increased range5Mass Manager0 CrUsed on Robigo Runner ²
Frame Shift Drive5ALong/increased range5Mass Manager0 CrUsed on LRV Celephais
Frame Shift Drive5ALong/increased range5Mass Manager0 CrUsed on Core McMiner ²
Frame Shift Drive5ALong/increased range5Mass Manager0 CrUsed on McGatherer
Frame Shift Drive5AShielded4Double Braced0 CrUsed on LRV Beyond ³
Frame Shift Drive5AShielded4Mass Manager0 CrUsed on LRV Winged Death ³
Frame Shift Drive5ALong/increased range5Mass Manager0 CrUsed on LRV Erich Zann ³
Frame Shift Drive5ALong/increased range50 CrUsed on Bricky McBrickface ³
Frame Shift Drive5ALong/increased range5Mass Manager0 CrUsed on LRV Hypnos ³
Frame Shift Drive5AShielded5Deep Charge0 CrUsed on Axi McAXface ²
Frame Shift Drive5AShielded5Deep Charge0 CrUsed on LRV Color out of Space ³
Frame Shift Drive5ALong/increased range5Mass Manager0 CrUsed on LRV Unnamable ³
Frame Shift Drive5ALong/increased range5Mass Manager0 CrUsed on McTaxi
Frame Shift Drive5BShielded3Double Braced0 CrUsed on [IDA] Pleiades Sentry ³
Frame Shift Drive5DLong/increased range20 CrUsed on Spacebus I
Frame Shift Drive5DLong/increased range5Mass Manager0 CrUsed on Ax McMuffin ²
Frame Shift Drive5E0 CrUsed on mothballed *

Out of those,

2 are module storage ships (no dual FSD) *
5 are AX ships or other vessels with a special mission profile (no dual FSD) ²
11 are PvP vessels (no dual FSD) ³

This leaves 6 vessels.

LRV Celephais is a Colonia Python, doesn't need the extra range.
McTaxi is an old DBX which I don't use, doesn't need the extra range.
Spacebus I is a T7 explorer, and should get a dual FSD,
McDelivery and McGatherer are trade/mats hunter ships, they will also get a dual FSD.
McXplorer is a Phantom which already got the dual FSD from the last CG.

So I need 3, one for free. Sounds like a plan :eek:

Somebody remind me I play too much Elite.

I wish I could sell the surplus G5 Mass Manager FSDs ...

This was the first CG I've done for a while and for me it was really successful!

I stripped out the SRV hangar in my only ship, an ASP Ex which is fully engineered, and a few other modules to get my cargo up to 48t and just jumped between Lave and the CG shipping Lavian Brandy 48t a time. Put either Lave Radio on the VR speakers or listened to "Exiled" or "War Of The Worlds" lol and just got into a groove. Managed just over 2000t in all over 3 day's doing a couple hours a day, and finished in the top 10% which I was surprised at. I don't grind at all in Elite, hence why I only have one ship and not many credits, and prefer the wandering lifestyle in game not following any particular path. I hate to be tied down!.....don't tell the wife tho :)

I don't normally trade but my trade level jumped up a couple of ranks and I must have made over 200m in credits which quadrupled what I had in credits before!.

Over all a great CG. Nice rewards too, looking forward to getting my mitts on that FSD++

I have a carrier, but I just flew to the CG in an Anaconda leaving the carrier behind. Loading and unloading it would actually have slowed down my deliveries and been a disadvantage.

I decided against my carrier, as it would have been mindnumbingly boring to sit in Geras and fetch a load of beer every 10 minutes. Unloading would have been without wait times, but still boring. Instead I did the round trip without beer, filling the Cutter with stuff to carry along from place to place, collecting some bounties along the way. In the end I made a tidy 338 million over the last 7 days. Peanuts by today's standards, but there is nothing to spend money on right now, except th 13 million weekly upkeep on my Carrier nand occasionally filling the tritium tank.

Well, as I like my combat ships to have good jump ranges, I think fast boot will go along well with them. Just in case a FSD disruptor goes the wrong way. ;)
77 integrity is waaay to low, especially as most of the c5 FSD ships are hull tank/hybrids (Fed/Alliance).

On a FdL or Mamba I'd use it, or on a duracell Python or Reverski Phantom.

But on Fed/Alliance bricks? No way. Your FSD crumples faster then you can say "dual FSD"...

77 integrity is waaay to low, especially as most of the c5 FSD ships are hull tank/hybrids (Fed/Alliance).

On a FdL or Mamba I'd use it, or on a duracell Python or Reverski Phantom.

But on Fed/Alliance bricks? No way. Your FSD crumples faster then you can say "dual FSD"...
Valid point, I guess. I was mostly thinking about my Chieftain and the Kraits. Guess I'll leave the Chieftain out then. ;)
FDL cant fit these though, sadly.

Just choose the appropriate experimental effect to mitigate the stat you're concerned about. Add MM for extra range, DB to increase integrity back to only 15 less than the stock module, or TS if your ship is running too hot. You still get the Increased Range and the Fast Boot whichever you choose.

FSD options.png

I've seen this on Discord, and my goodness, congratulations. I gave it my shot, but I couldn't keep up with the Carriers, and that was BEFORE I got sick.
Not getting into the top 75% in this CG had nothing to do with FCs. Ok, so maybe the top 10% or top 10 Cmdrs used FCs. I have to admit that I parked mine in a system next to Lave and did 6min round trips to Lave Station collecting 48 tonnes of Lavian Brandy, roughly 1400t and earnt a top 10% slot...BUT...and there's a big BUT here...this would not have affected you getting into the top 75%. You could have easily done 4 round trips from the CG station to Lave Station collecting 48t each run totalling 192t, which would have put you in the top 75%. Lave is just over 100Ly from the CG so this wouldn't have taken any time at all and would have taken you way less time than it did for me...if you attempted to do the full loop then imo that was self inflicted...remember kids, fly smart ;)

Did you actually take the time to build out that table or did you use a program for that? lol
It was a copy and paste from Inara. The full link to the fleet owned by Bigmaec can be found here:

You can then filter by module and other things.
You need to sign up for an Inara account then use something like ED Market Collector and link your Inara API key to it. This then uploads various bits of info to Inara when playing the game.

Carriers did not play an important role in this CG. One could easily get as much cargo without them, as the supply of rare items was limited anyway. That's probably why the CG was completed so fast.
Yeah, I managed top 50% making one or two runs a day in my 64T not-optimized-for-distance Krait MKII, while hitting unvisited systems on every trip.

You could have easily done 4 round trips from the CG station to Lave Station collecting 48t each run totalling 192t, which would have put you in the top 75%. Lave is just over 100Ly from the CG so this wouldn't have taken any time at all and would have taken you way less time than it did for me...if you attempted to do the full loop then imo that was self inflicted...remember kids, fly smart ;)
My 4th delivery of brandy missed the completion by minutes, so I didn't get to top 75%. But it was entertaining doing the Lave-only route, knowing I only had, at most, an hour or so to complete 4 trips. In my admittedly distance-hampered Clipper it was 7 jumps loaded, and 6 unloaded back. 😆
o7

This was the first CG I've done for a while and for me it was really successful!

I stripped out the SRV hangar in my only ship, an ASP Ex which is fully engineered, and a few other modules to get my cargo up to 48t and just jumped between Lave and the CG shipping Lavian Brandy 48t a time. Put either Lave Radio on the VR speakers or listened to "Exiled" or "War Of The Worlds" lol and just got into a groove. Managed just over 2000t in all over 3 day's doing a couple hours a day, and finished in the top 10% which I was surprised at. I don't grind at all in Elite, hence why I only have one ship and not many credits, and prefer the wandering lifestyle in game not following any particular path. I hate to be tied down!.....don't tell the wife tho :)

I don't normally trade but my trade level jumped up a couple of ranks and I must have made over 200m in credits which quadrupled what I had in credits before!.

Over all a great CG. Nice rewards too, looking forward to getting my mitts on that FSD++
Wait - you say you "don't grind at all in Elite" but spent three days, jumping back and forth between two stations, for a couple of hours each day... ummm that would certainly be grinding!!!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom