COMPLETED CG Rare Goods Required for Galactic Summit

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I unlocked the FSD with the tech broker. It states the Fsd is now available in outfitting. I browse the shop and there is no modified fsd there. Am I looking in the wrong place?
Yes, you need to look in your stored modules not the shop.
This is a purchase from the techbroker not an unlock.

Updated comparison of old 5A engineered FSD and the new CG awarded one.
Krait Phantom
Both have Mass Manager experimental effect.
Considerable difference for exploration builds.

Attachments

• Old FSD full engineering.jpg
    Old FSD full engineering.jpg
    661.7 KB · Views: 241
  • New FSD full engineering.jpg
    New FSD full engineering.jpg
    677.7 KB · Views: 565
Last edited:
Yes, you need to look in your stored modules not the shop.
This is a purchase from the techbroker not an unlock.
Thanks. I had checked stored modules and it wasn't there either. I logged out and back in and there it was. Must have been a glitch. Thanks for the help.

After applying Mass manager to the new FSD here are my results by ship type:

DBX 70.38 - 76.44LY
Asp Explorer (passenger ship) 59.98 - 65.04LY
Asp Explorer (exploration ship) 69.05 - 74.71LY
Clipper 49.89 - 53.82LY
Krait Phantom (passenger ship) 65.66 - 71.00LY
Python (mining ship) 43.65 - 46.86LY
Krait MKII (fighter) 51.24 - 55.19LY

I am satisfied with the improvements. Probably didn't need to do the Python or the Krait MKII but I decided to take advantage of the reduced cost in mats. Also, I have had no heat issues with the new FSD.

Last edited:

DBX 70.38 - 76.44LY
Clipper 49.89 - 53.82LY

I am satisfied with the improvements. Probably didn't need to do the Python or the Krait MKII but I decided to take advantage of the reduced cost in mats.
Grade 5A FSD++
Krait Phantom Explorer: 76-78ly
Python Trader: 50ly

Last edited:
No, you can swap specials on it as often as you like, only if you touch the base engineering you lose both current mods.
Does this mean it's truly possible to remove the engineering on it? I had sort-of assumed that it would be protected.
Who wants to volunteer to try it? :D

Does this mean it's truly possible to remove the engineering on it? I had sort-of assumed that it would be protected.
Who wants to volunteer to try it? :D
Not as terrible anymore if it happens by accident now, as you can buy a new one. As expected, I've kitted all my ships with size 5 FSDs with the new one, except the T7, which would cook itself. Mass manager on all, except the AspE, which got thermal spread and 4 combat ships that got double braced.

DBX 70.38 - 76.44LY
Clipper 49.89 - 53.82LY

I am satisfied with the improvements. Probably didn't need to do the Python or the Krait MKII but I decided to take advantage of the reduced cost in mats. Also, I have had no heat issues with the new FSD.

Whats your Krait 2 build like? I have a multipurpose (well, only 64 tons cargo) combat build but thats only 43 LY jump.

Have you tried turning it on and off?
No, really.
That's the faster boot sequence, from offline/unpowered back to operational status. Not quicker jump countdown or after jump cooldown.
Thanks for clarifying, thought it's the charging before a jump (what would be way more useful ;)

Hoped to get a FSD sized for the ship I participated with, but the standard reward is a class 5 fsd? Not complaining, just curious how it works.

Thanks for clarifying, thought it's the charging before a jump (what would be way more useful ;)

Hoped to get a FSD sized for the ship I participated with, but the standard reward is a class 5 fsd? Not complaining, just curious how it works.

Yeah, from the CG text:

"If the initiative is successful, Sirius Corporation will make the fully engineered long range fast boot size 5 Frame Shift Drive available for purchase at all human technology brokers.

If the initiative is successful, Sirius Corporation will gift the module and a permanent Sirius system permit to the top 75% of pilots. The module will be placed in storage at the Ashby City starport in the Luyten’s Star system by the 26th of February 3307."

So it was always going to be the size 5 FSD that was gifted and available for purchase after the CG completed.

Yeah, from the CG text:

"If the initiative is successful, Sirius Corporation will make the fully engineered long range fast boot size 5 Frame Shift Drive available for purchase at all human technology brokers.

If the initiative is successful, Sirius Corporation will gift the module and a permanent Sirius system permit to the top 75% of pilots. The module will be placed in storage at the Ashby City starport in the Luyten’s Star system by the 26th of February 3307."

So it was always going to be the size 5 FSD that was gifted and available for purchase after the CG completed.
Thanks, didn't read the text detailed enough. That's kinda disappointing, thought I could at least purchase a bigger version.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom