Ships Rares map on Krait rear console?

Noticed a small detail on the rear console in the Krait II bridge.
A rares trading route perhaps?

Krait_II_Rares_Trading_Map.jpg

The original map by CMDR Gid.
02.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, that's my map! Excellent! :D

(I stopped gaming for health reasons just before Horizons came out, but a friend gave me a heads-up on this forum post. As a player of Elite right back to the very first version on the Beeb [Elite rank...] and writing cheats for FFE, this has actually made my day... and the Krait was always my favourite ship.)

There seems to be an extra (optional?) loop on the Krait's map compared to the one provided by OP. It looks like it goes from Altair to Wintii with 6-7 extra buy/sell points along the way. Having never really done rares for anything other than engineers, does anyone have any idea what these buy/sell points are?

(I stopped gaming for health reasons just before Horizons came out, but a friend gave me a heads-up on this forum post. As a player of Elite right back to the very first version on the Beeb [Elite rank...] and writing cheats for FFE, this has actually made my day... and the Krait was always my favourite ship.)

Hey Gid, since I've never known where that map (which was a mainstay of my early progression in ED, and which is a thing I still share with Newcomers to this day) actually came from can I just take this chance to say ... thanks!

Many thanks to you, CMDR! I too used (still use) your map.

As well as the map being on a couple of the other consoles there appears to be a coloured (rubiks?) cube inside a cupboard. Any ideas?

Look towards the bottom right of the pic. On the left side of the counter. Under the Krait model. H.F.P. Chat "Your Galactic Chatroom" is displayed with two CMDR's having a chat.

Likewise, I never knew where it came from, but have used it on many occastions back in the pre-engineers era.

That's a great observation OP.

Could this be an early preview of an entry for the CODEX ?

And ... shock horror .... might it be accessible also by WALKING OVER TO IT AND INTERACTING ? "Soon" of course, not right away :)

+1 to you then :D

Will somebody please tell me how you get your camera view to look around inside the ship? No flaming please. just a simple question.

Will somebody please tell me how you get your camera view to look around inside the ship? No flaming please. just a simple question.

You have to bind it to a button in the controls settings. I think it's free look after you have entered camera mode. I can't remember off the top of my head.

Re: this and other cool things people have spotted inside the Krait cockpit (like biscuits at the coffee machine) ... how are people actually getting close enough to see these things? Have you guys just got really big gaming areas that allow you to walk a long way back from the pilot chair or is there a trick - like getting as far as you can from the chair and then somehow resetting your view, walking back a bit further and repeating until you're at the back?

Re: this and other cool things people have spotted inside the Krait cockpit (like biscuits at the coffee machine) ... how are people actually getting close enough to see these things? Have you guys just got really big gaming areas that allow you to walk a long way back from the pilot chair or is there a trick - like getting as far as you can from the chair and then somehow resetting your view, walking back a bit further and repeating until you're at the back?

By using the camera suite in the game
http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Camera_suite

They're additional cameras inside the cockpit, some are near the back. Once you select those you can hit the free motion button allowing to rotate the camera around the cockpit, like a security camera. Then you can zoom in on objects and such.

By using the camera suite in the game
http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Camera_suite

They're additional cameras inside the cockpit, some are near the back. Once you select those you can hit the free motion button allowing to rotate the camera around the cockpit, like a security camera. Then you can zoom in on objects and such.

Oh right, as simple as that ... I just assumed people were wondering around the cockpit in VR for some reason.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
After reading this thread, this is the latest addition to my Elite "To Do" list:

- Buy ALL the ships and check every single panel and cupboard in VR in search for more easter eggs :D

I know the manual for original 1984 Elite is in Sidewinder :)

Top Bottom