RAT - Repair And Tour. Do you need repairs after 2.4?

Tour complete!

So yeah, since we have beta. I have 3 Buckyball races planned hopefully going to do all but one before 2.4 launches and do the 3rd the weekend after release.

Straight after that I'll be packing a whole bunch of limpets and touring the galaxy to all you fine explorers who may need a top-up.

Currently PC only unless anyone fancies doing the same as me on other platforms as that's the only platform I have (sorry xb1/ps4 cmdrs).

Cmdr
Rough Location (North/South/East/West/Centre)
Hull %
Notes
Repairer
Status
RedfoxNorth-West74AspAlexbrentnall (1)Complete!
SapporoNorth, approx 25kly from Beagle83AnacondaAlexbrentnall (2)Complete!
AputsiaqBeagle9CondaAlexbrentnall (3)Complete!
PirinCentral, slightly N-E of Sag A*5AspFurrycat (1)Complete!
ValijeEast - Perseus Arm Moving counterclockwise on the Saggitarius-Carina Arm, Blie Aip sector.65CondaFurrycat (2)Complete!
NonyoSCEast North-East approx 15Kly from Sag A*72AspFurrycat (3)Complete!
MadbillyNear 15 Sagitarrii71AspFurrycat (4)Complete!
KamzelBetween Sol and Centre10AspNo longer required

News just in: Powerplant cannot be repaired, this is for hull only

The plan is that I'll work out the best way to get to you all in a big loop route and check off one after the other on my way around. Updates to locations can be done anytime but I'd advise doing it just after 2.4 drops so I have an accurate direction to go and find you.

When you are number 1 in the queue I will contact you here and ask you to add me to your in game friends list. When I'm closeby I'll contact you and we will work out a meet-up time that works for both of us and then we will wing up and repair. I'll then move to the next person.

Having the ship type in notes will help me work out how many limpets I need. I may do a few top ups at Colonia etc on the way around.

Despite being a Fuel Rat this isn't in association with them although I'm sure some of my friends there would support it. There is no charge for this, it's an excuse for me to go out and explore a bunch more and get some more credits in the bank for upcoming things.
If there's too many people I may nudge a few other rats and see if we can get multiple rats on this, don't think I'll need that but I may have underestimated how many of you have headbutted a planet :)
Feel free to spread this to Explorer Discord channels or reddits or whatever.

Edit: Confirmed Kerenn of the Fuel Rats is planning to join this too so we have double the fun headed out to you once 2.4 drops!
Edit2: Furrycat of the Buckyball Racers will be joining too! 3's a crowd as they say :)

Last edited:
+1 :)

Cmdr
Hull %
Powerplant % *
Notes
Kamzel~ 500 LYs 'west' of NGC 635710Asp Explorer (still heading home from the Distant Worlds expedition) :eek:

Once 2.4. is live can we arrange a time/day for a rendezvous?

Fantastic idea! I'm still holding up fairly well, so no need for a detour, but if you're passing by anyway I'd enjoy a friendly chat while welding :D

I'm here and only moving at a slow pace:
[EDSM]Hypau Brai MX-M b26-6[/EDSM]
Here's the requested info:
Cmdr
Hull %
Powerplant % *
Notes
RedfoxAbout 10kly N/W of SagA7478AspX

Brilliant idea! +1

Holding out okay at the moment about 1k from Beagle Point (on mobile at the moment so can't use the table thing. I'll confirm status tonight)

EDIT: Okay after checking, things don't look quite as bad as I thought...

Cmdr
Hull %
Powerplant % *
Notes
AhabAbout 1kly South of Beagle Point7993Orca

Planning on scouting a few of the procedurally generated nebulas to try and find space mushrooms and some more Geysers so will probably be somewhere near the core when 2.4 hits.

Last edited:
+1 :)
Once 2.4. is live can we arrange a time/day for a rendezvous?

Sounds good, added to the list. And yep, I'll let you know and we can work out when it's best to meet up.

Let me outfit and I'll be up there with y'all.

Awesome, when 2.4 drops we can get together on the fuelrats irc or discord or somewhere and plan who will go where. I have a week off work in mid-end September so if 2.4 drops by then I may be flying around like a loon all week! :)

Fantastic idea! I'm still holding up fairly well, so no need for a detour, but if you're passing by anyway I'd enjoy a friendly chat while welding :D

Sounds good, added to the list.

Excellent initiative alex ... I'll trend this on my best of forum thread in the hope of gettng the message out there a bit more.

Epic, thanks Alec!

Cool!
Love this community! :)
Btw, If its 1% hull each limpet (regarding Henkka77's test in the "Dead End" thread) its 225 tin and 225 iron just for Erimus :D

+1 rep, thanks for the info, and no, I'll be taking cargo, that much Tin is not something I want to gather! XD
As yet undecided if I'll be in the Anaconda or Cutter. Will work that out closer to the time.

Brilliant idea! +1
Holding out okay at the moment about 1k from Beagle Point (on mobile Atm so can't use the table thing. I'll confirm status tonight)

Added to the list, feel free to update when able. No big rush as the 2.4 beta will probably run for a few weeks. :)

Last edited:
You rock commander!

Cmdr
Hull %
Notes
ValijeEast, at the end of the Perseus Arm
65Anaconda

Bluia_Airgh_JI-_B_d13-0_position.jpg

I will be moving around the galaxy at snail pace (counterclockwise). I hope to meet with the Dead End's expedition too.

I you happen to come around I can have those limpets prepared beforehand.

Cool!
Love this community! :)

Btw, If its 1% hull each limpet (regarding Henkka77's test in the "Dead End" thread) its 225 tin and 225 iron just for Erimus :D

When I tested repair limpets in 2.4 closed beta, two limpets from a 5D repair controller were enough to bring my cutter from 19% hull back to 100% hull. Did we have a "balancing pass" already?

When I tested repair limpets in 2.4 closed beta, two limpets from a 5D repair controller were enough to bring my cutter from 19% hull back to 100% hull. Did we have a "balancing pass" already?
It depends what class of limpets you use and what ship you're repairing. Class 1 limpets are 60 hull, Class 3 limpets are 180 hull, and Class 5 limpets are 310 hull. (Not in a position to easily check class 7 at the moment)

For full repair (rounding off a bit) of various common exploration ships (assuming lightweight armour and no HRPs)
DBX: 5 / 2 / 1
AspX: 6 / 2 / 1
Python: 7 / 3 / 2
Anaconda: 15 / 5 / 3
A single repair ship with a 5D controller and a class 6 rack of limpets could probably fully repair an entire mid-sized expedition without needing limpet synthesis.

PS: A Cutter with heavy duty 5 military armour entirely filled with heavy duty 5 hull reinforcements would take 137 / 46 / 26 limpets for a full repair ... so yes, might only be 1% repaired per limpet in some extreme cases.

Update: Added a few I inexplicably missed.

Edit: For all - When 2.4 launches I intend to simply add a column to the table in post #1 and anyone can assign themselves to repair people. They can then friend up in game and/or private message to organise.

I'm at Colonia so will probably head out to Redfox first and then to those near Beagle.

Last edited:
Sorry, could you remove me from the list please? Managed to make it safely to Colonia where I was able to repair, now only about 7k from the bubble after nearly 4 months.

Full respect for your endeavour. o7.

32kLY from bubble

I am at 72% hull and 94% power plant in an Asp Explorer. My location is East North East of galaxy center and about 15KLY from Sag A.

Is it too late to late to get some repair help? I have been in the black wandering the North East quadrant of the galaxy since well before Horizons launch (about 70 weeks so far now), I don't even have an SRV.

I am at 72% hull and 94% power plant in an Asp Explorer. My location is East North East of galaxy center and about 15KLY from Sag A.

Is it too late to late to get some repair help? I have been in the black wandering the North East quadrant of the galaxy since well before Horizons launch (about 70 weeks so far now), I don't even have an SRV.

We're coming.

Added to the list. It's actually a little too early since 2.4 hasn't launched yet :)

Top Bottom