Raw Material Traders

Anyone know where I can find one? Using the filters on the map, I can only locate encoded and manufactured. I've tried looking in extraction/refinery systems, but to no avail. I'm mostly in and around Diaguandri, but don't mind a trek.

The new filters are VERY misleading. The traders/brokers will only appear thru the filter if you have already visited the station they're stationed in before. So there could be 100's of them around you and you would never know if you don't go.

Merkir, all that does is tell you the system. I've used that resource and I now have 8 different locations, 6 of them are planet side, that I now have to search just to find the material traders and then there's no telling if it will be the right kind of material trader I need. It's not as helpful as it seems.

Merkir, all that does is tell you the system. I've used that resource and I now have 8 different locations, 6 of them are planet side, that I now have to search just to find the material traders and then there's no telling if it will be the right kind of material trader I need. It's not as helpful as it seems.
That just means your unable to read a web sites correctly then...

You use the Engineering page first to find out if the item is raw, data/encoded or man.. you also can use the right hand panel of the ship to display the same info by selecting it in the right panel and reading its discription...
https://inara.cz/galaxy-components/ its in A- Z
Then use the material trader list
Material traders can only be a single type out of 3 scroll down and on the left side on the other link and it states the single type and the the single station in the system...
Trader typeStationStar system Allegiance St DistDist
Raw Zahn EnterpriseCenniceninoIndependent118 Ls10.07 Ly
Encoded Baraniecki OrbitalLiu YinesIndependent110422 Ls21.68 Ly
Encoded Bernoulli VisionCaeritisIndependent694 Ls24.73 Ly
Raw MacKellar DockHIP 43310Federation979 Ls24.90 Ly
Manufactured Chandler RingKarkaIndependent11 Ls25.70 Ly
Raw Aksyonov ColonyLikohochnaIndependent12 Ls25.81 Ly
Manufactured Sagan PortCerniIndependent915 Ls26.95 Ly
Encoded Tesla DockGandzaFederation1219 Ls29.25 Ly
Manufactured Braun OrbitalTengyeIndependent247 Ls29.47 Ly
Raw = materials = iron and so on
Encoded = data = scans and wakes and so on
Manufactured = Physical items = like machine parts, scrap and not the other two above.
These are the same as the filters on the right panel of the ship for if an item is data/encoded, raw or manufactured...as also stated if you click the item on the ship in your storage in the list, it tells you what class out of the 3 it is...

Edit = table example from site now shows correctly.

Last edited:
Graphite, did you mean "your" or "You're" when referencing me ability to navigate a website? I ask that question because apparently my reading skills are a lot better than your grammar skills.

To be honest, I can figure out the likely hood of what kind of material the local trader deals in by looking at the station industry and the system industry.

It tells you everything you need to know: Trader type, Station name, Star System, Station distance from drop point and System distance from your current system.
So, yea, Graphite might be right.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    261.4 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:
Let me see you get the exact same thing on your phone that you're getting with your computer. I'm using my phone because I don't have easy access to a computer while playing the game on my PS4.

Let me see you get the exact same thing on your phone that you're getting with your computer. I'm using my phone because I don't have easy access to a computer while playing the game on my PS4.
Hi Emm, try following this link...

I always use my iphone for Inara, EDDB....etc...

Works ok on my end.

Note that after entering your current system you’ll also have to select the material trader tab again...

Last edited:
Thank you for trying to help, CMDR Maymo.

I would just like to say that I found some information a few minutes ago that, while I am frustrated I didn't find it sooner, it was more helpful than what I have been looking at.

Since no one bothered to ask me what it was I was actually looking for, I kept looking in other places and found out a few minutes ago that I can't get what I was looking for from material trader anyway. I can only get it by mining.

None the less, it doesn't change how INARA behaves on my phone.

Every time I go to change the search criteria to suit my needs, the site always changes to a kind of default setting or something and is more difficult for me to use than it should be on my phone.

Hi Emm, try following this link...

I always use my iphone for Inara, EDDB....etc...

Works ok on my end.

Note that after entering your current system you’ll also have to select the material trader tab again...
Fine on android OS...as well
Screenshot_2019-05-04-20-07-02.png

( Login won't stick as password manager plugins and cookie manager have been disabled by an issue thats going around with browser add ons being disabled due to out of date cert...)
these are for components not commodities that are sold at market...

Last edited:
@OP - yeah the in-game information features are still crap IMO. I was hoping the CODEX would help but so far it really hasn't. We (as in the community), have been asking for better in-game information resources for quite some time. It would appear that FDev have taken the approach, and continue to do so, that you need to have visited the place to get any informaton about it at all - for the entire of the bubble. Same for market data, traders, etc, etc. For some reason, in the 34th Century we stopped advertising services in locations were we didn't actually have a physical presence, the 'galnet' doesn't appear to work in spreading information, and you can't 'observe' anything unless you actually go and physically travel to it?? Something like a major informational leap backwards compared with the technologies of today, for example.

There are any number of ways FDEv could introduce this background data into the game - 'information brokers' who charge a fee for this information would be one, rank-related data available form the Powers e.g. rear Admiral of the Federal fleet gains all essential navigation and trade data on all Federal systems (Scaled down by descending rank), and so on - use your imagination.

So, we are still stuck using third party sources that suck the data from the server side journals and BGS data etc....really the worst IMO. That said, those 3rd party resources ar every valuable, I just wish they would be incorporated 'into' the game.

Top Bottom