Raw materials as mission rewards

Hi fdev,
Can we have raw mats also as mission rewards please? We already have manufactured and data, so why not have raw also? This would be very easy for you to implement and adds another option for cmdrs to collect.
o7

You want them to reduce data and manufactured missions spawn rate to add raw... Mission boards are Fixed in size... To add any thing more will result in removal of what is currently there... adding Raws would lower the other spawn rate...
I hate the SRV but this would be even worse... as some items can only be got as mission rewards and this will lower the mission spawns with those items...

No thanks the other suggestions are better were engineering items should be purchased from Material traders will actual credits is better...

While I get where you are coming from OP, as mentioned above, if this was implemented poorly it could throw the whole reward system out of whack. the only way I see this as being viable is if these were rewarded as an additional reward (no influence on other drop rates or credit rewards).

This idea now though is a bit redundant with the improved Surface scanner added in 3.3 of Beyond. if you want mass materials just probe a planet with Volcanic/ Biological activity and go to each site. It is visually and physically more enjoyable ;)

I am not asking for a reduction in manufactured or data mat rewards to incorporate raw. There are many missions with commodities for rewards that could be swapped out for raw mats instead. I don't care how much better srv scavenging is, there should be more varied options for raws such as missions, USSs, or combat kill drops.

I am not asking for a reduction in manufactured or data mat rewards to incorporate raw. There are many missions with commodities for rewards that could be swapped out for raw mats instead. I don't care how much better srv scavenging is, there should be more varied options for raws such as missions, USSs, or combat kill drops.

Those commodities mission rewards all ready Spawn mission only commodities via RNG removing them for raws stops them spawning and could force players who need them to unlock Items to unlock weapons from human tech broker to not have the mission spawn with the item needed...
And yes at stations were missions are allready limited by small number of factions being at that station it will effect all Item rewards because that station only spawns less missions to start with...
This also does not take in to account that many missions are locked of untill you become allied so even more missions are not available when you first get to a station...
IF and ONLY IF mission boards were unlimited in size would this work but every item reward is there to unlock content allready needed... but there not unlimited in size .
Commodities RNG mission reward is there to generate items needed to unlock weapons and modules...

Commodities can be purchased and are easier to find via EDDB than hunting down missions that offer them. And regardless, I am not saying to remove all commodity mission rewards. There is room enough for raws, data, manufactured, commodities, credits, influence and reputation within mission rewards, there is no logical reasoning as to why just raws should be excluded from that list.

Commodities can be purchased and are easier to find via EDDB than hunting down missions that offer them. And regardless, I am not saying to remove all commodity mission rewards. There is room enough for raws, data, manufactured, commodities, credits, influence and reputation within mission rewards, there is no logical reasoning as to why just raws should be excluded from that list.
No, the point of the previous post was that there are commodities that can only be obtained as mission rewards, and those commodities are usually required to unlock something.

That said, I'd be fine if the missions that offer a reward of, say, limpets were switched to offer a raw material instead. Why would I ever accept payment in limpets?!

Hi fdev,
Can we have raw mats also as mission rewards please? We already have manufactured and data, so why not have raw also? This would be very easy for you to implement and adds another option for cmdrs to collect.
o7
Raw is the easiest and most reliable to collect (bar selenium, which is slightly RNG), by using geological sites, or the epic biological sites some 1600ly away, and trading all most of your G5s for whatever you need.

Having elements be part of the mission reward tables would reduce the chances of manufactured and encoded too much, and those two are the hardest to find reliably.

No, the point of the previous post was that there are commodities that can only be obtained as mission rewards, and those commodities are usually required to unlock something.

That said, I'd be fine if the missions that offer a reward of, say, limpets were switched to offer a raw material instead. Why would I ever accept payment in limpets?!
Very few, and I don't recall asking fdev to remove those in my OP.

I did see one new player a while back who hadn't found the advanced maintenance screen and assumed that was how you were supposed to get limpets.

Top Bottom