Raxxla... more speculation!

When you look at the start screen, the moon is super close to the planet and the station is very close to the planet too. I wondered if that view had been obtained by adjusting the Field of View of the camera. In a narrow field of view things look closer together. That would also mean a narrow FOV of the stars in the background too..

Just a thought, as otherwise it could only be eye candy as the moon would bump into the planet and the station would be inside the OC zone etc.

Yelboc

It seems like you are trying to push your channel like the million other "I found Raxxla !" YouTuber scams. If you found it, ping the system, I'll kit out for jumps and get riding on the Neutron Highway.

I watched all of his videoes, I see 3 Raxxla bookmarks on his Galmap but there’s no footage where are those. I also searched through his forum entries and he thinks few system names shows no star when searched, just empty space in Galmap. We also know this behaviour, when you search the core sector name it’s just pointing the reference center of that sector or nebuala.

Last edited:
The start screen (and pretty much every other screen) I’ve always thought holds something. The one overbearing symbol we see on the cover, the start screen, the loading screen, and even always over us in game is Barnards Loop. Obviously it holds something important, since the Horsehead Dark Region behing it has been permit locked for what seems like forever. I do have to wonder if the ‘unknown permit’ is in fact obtainable. All the thargoid stuff was ‘unknown _____’ before we confirmed what it was. But it was still there to be found and had. The Trapesium of the loop is open tho. It may hold something and with our new super powerful tools, perhaps a full mapping project is justified.

I understand that someone honked the system while passing through?
Don't be disheartened guys. You have twice as much chance of finding Raxxla than winning the National Lottery.

Whats your chance of finding Raxxla?
I estimate that I have visited a total of 20,000 undiscovered systems, so if I divide the number of stars in the galaxy by this amount I get 20 million. So that's currently a one in 20 million chance of randomly stumbling upon Raxxla, but look on the bright side, the odds are falling with each new jump.

edit - Gotcha! I was testing you.

...someone please help me with the maths. :eek:

Okay, 400 billion stars - 20,000 visited = 399, 978, 000. So that's a one in 399,978,00 chance of finding Raxxla, which is about the same as winning the EuroMillions.

twice.

Last edited:
Having thought about this more, I think either:

(1) there’s NO WAY Raxxla is in this game. A gateway to another galaxy? . No way that’s just sitting in the game, fully accessible, fully functional.

Or

(2) it’s there, but not nearly as cool as we imagine it to be. Imagine the first commander who sees the name “Raxxla” pop up in the FSS only to realize there’s... some valuable canisters in an abandoned base? A listening post. Wooow that is anti-climactic.

I want to believe in Raxxla. I want them to continue to develop the mystery. At the same time, I it’s EXTREMELY unlikely that these devs have added a fully functional gateway to another galaxy into elite dangerous. It’s just completely at odds with everything else they’ve done with elite since launch.

I want to believe, but I’m highly skeptical.

When you look at the start screen, the moon is super close to the planet and the station is very close to the planet too. I wondered if that view had been obtained by adjusting the Field of View of the camera. In a narrow field of view things look closer together. That would also mean a narrow FOV of the stars in the background too..

Just a thought, as otherwise it could only be eye candy as the moon would bump into the planet and the station would be inside the OC zone etc.

Yelboc

Not to mention a super small aperture to achieve that all in focus field of view.

Z...

Having thought about this more, I think either:

(1) there’s NO WAY Raxxla is in this game. A gateway to another galaxy? . No way that’s just sitting in the game, fully accessible, fully functional.

Or

(2) it’s there, but not nearly as cool as we imagine it to be. Imagine the first commander who sees the name “Raxxla” pop up in the FSS only to realize there’s... some valuable canisters in an abandoned base? A listening post. Wooow that is anti-climactic.

I want to believe in Raxxla. I want them to continue to develop the mystery. At the same time, I it’s EXTREMELY unlikely that these devs have added a fully functional gateway to another galaxy into elite dangerous. It’s just completely at odds with everything else they’ve done with elite since launch.

I want to believe, but I’m highly skeptical.

I suspect once it is found, it will merely be a site, as we won't be able to do anything with it (protected by never ending waves of Thargoids, or Dark Wheel ships).

Z...

Some hope for your thinking about the Horizons wallpaper. I was checking a week before picture of the Dark Wheel from Codex and validated it is really station - one of Orbis station variant. It took me some time to find this variant. I found it in system Aulin (Aulin Enterprise station). I didn't know anthing about that system but then I found it is one of systems referenced in ED Pilots Guide manual (Frontier 2014) in chapter about trade runs. The system was available in Beta. I still don't think Aulin is special just one of core systems. What I see important is that this variant of the Orbis station is probably very old. Of course the station of the Dark Wheel from Codex is in very different environment (red dwarf star with strong dark red light) from what I can see from Horizons wallpaper but it is the same variant of Orbis station. I don't know if that wallpaper is linked to Raxxla but if you want find scenery from the wallpaper look for this Orbis station variant.
nB3e7mT.jpg

This is station from the Horizons wallpaper. Now when I look to it - isn't this Pencil Nebula?
wMR5tio.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom