General / Off-Topic RCTWorld General Discussion

Guy, I can only assume that you were around the Atari forums back in the day when they PURGED the entire community and shut down/deleted the RCT3 forums? Oh those were the days...

...can't wait to watch them do it again!

Last edited:
Hm. This whole thing stinks of the Godus debacle. Taking Early Access money that's ostensibly for one game and spend it making an F2P mobile version as that's the cash cow. Early Access only works if there's trust between developer and customer, and when something like this happens -- even if that EA money *hasn't* been spent on the mobile version -- it seriously damages that trust.

Even in the best case where RCTT has been developed with fresh money, it's still potentially taken resource away from RCTW. It seems clear to me that Atari are releasing RCTW because it's no longer generating any money through EA and a final marketing push and price cut will at least generate a small chunk of cash back for them. It wouldn't surprise me if the FREE and paid DLCs never actually materialise (or if they do, they'll be the bare minimum).

Guy, I can only assume that you were around the Atari forums back in the day when they PURGED the entire community and shut down/deleted the RCT3 forums? Oh those were the days...

...can't wait to watch them do it again!

I was there. What happened to everyone tho? Are they here with different names?

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

...It wouldn't surprise me if the FREE and paid DLCs never actually materialise (or if they do, they'll be the bare minimum).

I think we can bet with confidence there will be NO DLCs--paid or otherwise. This, as we all know, is their final CASHGRAB. I, for one, don't see them getting much.

(edit: bad typing skills)

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

<snipped due to deleted post>

Last edited by a moderator:

Harbinger

Volunteer Moderator
As amusing as that recent cartoon was please try and bear in mind that Planet Coaster is rated as suitable for everyone and as such we may have young children browsing these forums.

Please try and keep any images you post suitable for all ages, thanks.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Technically off topic I guess... but Theme Park Studio have also announced they're launching in November!

And it looks like the RCT touch thing will probably do the same at some point ahead of Christmas.

RCT Touch has been 'soft launched' in The Netherlands (and from what I have read it has launched in New Zealand as well) on November 10, 2016 (yesterday at the time of typing this post).

I have located it in the Dutch iOS app store, I've looked at the screenshots, and I have clicked it away. I'm done with Atari products that came after RCT3. [sour]

RCT Touch has been 'soft launched' in The Netherlands (and from what I have read it has launched in New Zealand as well) on November 10, 2016 (yesterday at the time of typing this post).

I have located it in the Dutch iOS app store, I've looked at the screenshots, and I have clicked it away. I'm done with Atari products that came after RCT3. [sour]

How many screenshots did it have? I saw 2 over on the RCT forum, It looked as good as RCTW in my opinion, I guess you cant zoom in etc. but if I put RCTW and RCTT next to each other in the same view it would be difficult to tell them apart.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
A miracle happened!!!

The forums of RCT have their favicon / bookmark / favorite icon restored! Finally!

How many screenshots did it have? I saw 2 over on the RCT forum, It looked as good as RCTW in my opinion, I guess you cant zoom in etc. but if I put RCTW and RCTT next to each other in the same view it would be difficult to tell them apart.

Really? Do you honestly even think it's different artwork? [woah]

Nope doesn't look like it. Whats the changes they made the artwork for the mobile game then just enlarged it and placed it in rctw. Would explain why the rides look so naff

Theme Park Studio is descent enough, I am one of the larger backers of the project and the guy that came up with the barn storm ride. But in the end that game really is not a game, but a sim. More so for actual reality to conversion then entertainment. Sometime ago the company got upset at me and threaten to refund me (which now I wish I would have taken) because I pushed out the agenda that the company (in an unrelated posting in another publication) Let leak out that they had another company interest in TPS for actual park designing. Which is great for the company but put the "game" on back burner for those that funded it.

After this, employees got "Sick" and the project was put on hold, I pointed all this out as how "convenient" all these things would have happened when they did. The timing was way above suspicious at this point and my argument was we donated to get TPS finalized and released while after which a solo company comes up with a better offer? Ok, so that's fine just refund us all our money.

Needless to say it never sat well with them nor me too this day. But it is what it is.

If one of those guys ends up reading this, Yes please refund me "chaintm@yahoo.com" I have cancer and could use the money! So no argument from me, send my refund! Oh and I appreciate the fact that you used my concept to design a ride, but in the end it helped you , not us the gamers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom