General / Off-Topic RCTWorld General Discussion

As amusing as that recent cartoon was please try and bear in mind that Planet Coaster is rated as suitable for everyone and as such we may have young children browsing these forums.

Please try and keep any images you post suitable for all ages, thanks.

Sorry! I thought the cartoon was not at all above a child rating. Ah well!

I just read an article on a Dutch website, I'll translate it:

'Atari just gave a smack in the face of their concurrent (?) Frontier Developments by releasing their game one day before Planet Coaster.'
and a few lines later:
'Is this the dealbreaker for you to choose for RCTW, or do you wait one day longer for Planet Coaster ?' (Of course, we are not going to talk about gameplay, that's not important [ugh])

Yeah... *SIGH*

Last edited:
Haha, like people are going to go "OMG I can't wait one day for this obviously superior game!". The real issue is whether people will confuse the two games given their similar release dates.

The real issue is whether people will confuse the two games given their similar release dates.

The sad thing is that that is probably Atari's intention... Reel in the unsuspecting victims who are out of the loop and don't know the difference, and then by the time the game has loaded, they will be too late for a refund... [sad]

Haha, like people are going to go "OMG I can't wait one day for this obviously superior game!". The real issue is whether people will confuse the two games given their similar release dates.

The 'stupid' (of course they are not really stupid) people will think RCTW is superior, because of RCT, and they will think that PC is just a quick cash grab, although RCTW is the cash grab here.

Off Topic: Nice new profile pic Gregor [happy]

Last edited:
I've "glanced" at the RCTW fourms, and the steam posts. People including the "fans" of RCTW are tearing the developer a new one! Geez... I don't know if I blame NVIZZO . You do what the publisher tells you to do.

I wish i could watch the twitch feed live at 2. I'd love to read the comments lol

The 'stupid' (of course they are not really stupid) people will think RCTW is superior, because of RCT, and they will think that PC is just a quick cash grab, although RCTW is the cash grab here.

Off Topic: Nice new profile pic Gregor [happy]

That, ironically, is what I actually thought when I first saw RCTW, and then the announcement for Planet Coaster. Fortunately, I've become more reluctant to pre-order games or buy into early access. Not necessarily because of risks, but more because I want to save money. But then I saw the early alpha release of PC, got hooked, and bought the Early Bird a few weeks later. I followed the progress of RCTW for a while, but saw that it was actually going the opposite direction (as in, quality should go from pre-alpha to alpha to beta to release, not the other way around).

It's kinda sad that in a world where so many things are rather over-regulated by laws and stuff a company like Atari can pull off such stories relatively safe. Although some of this insanity probably IS at least borderline criminal with all its deceptions and broken, money-bound promises...

Also does the title "AAA game" has no specifications / requirements to it? Like, could any indie company push out simplistic games and put an AAA tag on it?

Last edited:
It's kinda sad that in a world where so many things are rather over-regulated by laws and stuff a company like Atari can pull off such stories relatively safe. Although some of this insanity probably IS at least borderline criminal with all its deceptions and broken, money-bound promises...

Also does the title "AAA game" has no specifications / requirements to it? Like, could any indie company push out simplistic games and put an AAA tag on it?

AAA is a pretty lose term really so there isn't really anything stopping a dev or publisher proclaiming their game to be AAA. Though any self respecting dev would avoid it if there game wasn't a big budget game.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

For those who want to watch what might be a trainwreck then stream starts here in about 15mins:
https://www.twitch.tv/silent0siris

I'll have to tune into that car crash. I wonder what the odds of the promised dark rides, transport rides and water rides suddenly making an appearance are...

Atari really ****** me off now. First this *** with a mobile Cash Grab of RCT, then the second cynical Cash Grab with RCTW and THEN they have the *** to *** out another Mobile Garbage Game to grab EVEN MORE Money off of the unsuspecting Customer. I'm ready to explode here... They use the Name of an established Game Franchise... a King of that whole Genre just to suck it dry and throw away the shriveled Husk. I've had it with these Guys. You know what the WORST thing about this is though? Chris Sawyer is working on a Version of the Classic RCT Games for Mobile and i really want it to do well, because i know this Game is good. But all the crap that Atari is pulling now might cut into the success of his Game.

Spoilers... The game still sucks.. Peeps still do not come in groups, still have horrible animations, flat rides so far looks like they have the same broken animations, scenery like rocks still cannot clip through each other like in PC, paths still suck like before and so on..
They have also really not shown anything new except for some waterfall and the peeps "2.0"

Last edited:
Spoilers... The game still sucks.. Peeps still do not come in groups, still have horrible animations, flat rides so far looks like they have the same broken animations, scenery like rocks still cannot clip through each other like in PC and so on..
They have also really not shown anything new except for some waterfall and the peeps "2.0"

Their stream is SOOOO BORING! No one is interested in @#^@^ Rocks!

Their stream is SOOOO BORING! No one is interested in @#^@^ Rocks!
You would think they would have something actual new to show considering this is the HUGE launch update.
Even the pbp stream was much more interesting than this, as at least it had something new to show that kind of worked.

Started this thread over there in "Coaster Crap World" and I don't care if they ban me for it:

Click spoiler for thread link

"Why are rides (and peeps) still moving strangely! The magic carpet is way too fast at normal game speed smh! I can go on and on....
mad.png

Early 2017 for something that was promised 2 years ago!? #TransportRides

The twirling tower is STILL moving incorrectly from its real life counterparts..No ride on this planet moves that fast upside down for that long"!

Last edited:
Someone asked if they could show something actual new..
Some certain guy of course had this to say:
most likely not they spent all that time reworking the peeps for all the cry babies that didnt like them before

Top Bottom