Re-Center view is not working ?

Hey Guys,

I am having an issue with the reset HMD Keypress. I have it programmed to my HOTAS and it used to work but since the last patch now the main menu is below my FOV, I can see it If I look down but it should be center view like before..

When I press the recenter HMD keypress it jumps to center for a millisecond then goes back down to the floor..

I have tried countless suggestions like center my WMR unit which is fine in Steam VE and Cliffhouse.. I also tried recenter floor that is fine as well..

The Recenter HMD should do the trick but it is broke now.. here are some specs incase..

1. Samsung Odyssey Plus.
2. Win 10 64bit.
3. MSI SLI Z270 motherboard.
4. Asus 1080GTX 430 drivers.
5. SoundBlaster Z
5 intel i5 7600K
6. Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS (Joystick)

is anybody else having the recenter not working properly like it does for me?

Well that is great but one problem I don't have voice attack and no plans on getting it.. why is the hot key not working like it should maybe I should report it as a bug..

I found it is doing it in another game as well. so maybe something to the WMR headset.. I will continue to work the problem..

Last edited:
Recenter HMD was broken like that for me about a month ago (on my pimax) and i too thought it was a game issue, it wasnt.

Do you have the same issue in other seated games?
Big Screen was also affected for me and is free so you could download and try it.

My problem turned out to be caused by OpenVR advanced settings.

For some reason OpenVR advanced settings 3.0.1 (possibly earlier version too but likely not version before playspace moving features) seemed to be preventing reseting position in games that use the steamvr "seated universe" setting, like elite and big screen but its been fixed with version 3.1.0.
https://github.com/OpenVR-Advanced-Settings/OpenVR-AdvancedSettings/releases

Last edited:
yes I have this problem in another seated game.. I already have v3.1.0 of advanced settings.. so the solution is to get big screen?? I am unsure because I already have the correct version of advanced settings.

No, getting big screen would just be to test if you had the same issue in another seated game/app..

If its not working even though you have the current version of advanced settings im going to guess it isnt the reason you are having the issue on your end.

No, it was just to test if Big Screen was also affected but you had already tested something else and confirmed it wasnt only Elite having the problem.

The menu is right where it needs to be but I will need to check and see if the recenter key is working now too.. so I am unsure what happened but it works as intended..

Well I finally found the root of my problem it was OpenVR Advanced Settings program causing my problem with the center screen'

What happened was it was working fine after I did the Windows update and I reinstalled OpenVR and bam the recenter issue happened again.. so I uninstalled OpenVR and removed the folder and rebooted and voila the recenter worked as it should..

So hopefully if you are having this issue with a Odyssey Plus check that program and delete it.. they may need to update it ir broke something in OpennVR so either way there is nothing in there that is a must have so I got rid of it..

Well I finally found the root of my problem it was OpenVR Advanced Settings program causing my problem with the center screen'

What happened was it was working fine after I did the Windows update and I reinstalled OpenVR and bam the recenter issue happened again.. so I uninstalled OpenVR and removed the folder and rebooted and voila the recenter worked as it should..

So hopefully if you are having this issue with a Odyssey Plus check that program and delete it.. they may need to update it ir broke something in OpennVR so either way there is nothing in there that is a must have so I got rid of it..

Hey, you don't need to delete anything. If you go into your Advanced Settings, at the bottom select the settings tab and unselect the load with SteamVR. Recenter will work again. Then just turn it back on when you want it running with any other games you play.

Hey Oheck thnx for the info but I really did not see the benefit of the Open VR Advanced settings program anyway..

than for the input at least there is another option to keep the program is you so desire..

Top Bottom