Re: Current connection issues on console

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
but i'm all alone
You are probably connected to someone but they are not in your vacinity. Check the history tab in the chat pane. Sometimes I get slowdown but, don't see a player but, on checking history it says 'player_xyz Now'.

Maybe it is broken?

Last edited:
I hopped on for an hour at 11pm BST and it was basically unplayable in Open, never seen framedrops that bad without being in an instance with any other CMDRS.

Kept checking the history panel, as I felt sure someone was nearby tanking my frame rates.

I gave up after 12pm BST, it just wasn’t playable.

The word slideshow would have been an understatement.

I flew through 5 systems, 2 of which unpopulated, and visited two stations and ran one Low CZ before I gave up.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
I hopped on for an hour at 11pm BST and it was basically unplayable in Open, never seen framedrops that bad without being in an instance with any other CMDRS.

Kept checking the history panel, as I felt sure someone was nearby tanking my frame rates.

I flew through 5 systems, 2 of which unpopulated, and visited two stations and ran one Low CZ before I gave up.
Oddly I was in Open last night on the PS5 and it was ok but, not instanced either.

Maybe instancing is broken and while you get the lag it doesn't instance?

Maybe they broke the PS4 now as it was getting a crying shame only the PS5 got crashes. Spread the love.

For the record I had 3 failures to log on, however, since the update everything is working fine..during the day and evening… horizon is as expected.. sorry for those folks who are having much fun… o7

I’ll have another look tonight, see how it is.

If it’s bad again I’ll record the footage and share here.

My internet speeds are incredibly stable & relatively fast (we haven’t lost connection on our fibre router for well over a year) so not really sure what’s going on.

This sounds exactly like the bug report I made day Odyssey released. https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/31064 may 19

And also this 1 was same effect little more annoying than the the other. https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/35517 may 26

Question : Do I need to report error codes manually?

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Question : Do I need to report error codes manually?
Do you mean if the PlayStation crashes with an error code asking you to upload the data?

Uploading that should be enough. I did get confirmation that FDev saw the PS4 reports years ago. I would hope they see both PS4 and PS5 error reports.

In fact I might try and confirm that.

Yeah those.
Do you mean if the PlayStation crashes with an error code asking you to upload the data?

Uploading that should be enough. I did get confirmation that FDev saw the PS4 reports years ago. I would hope they see both PS4 and PS5 error reports.

In fact I might try and confirm that.

And the coloured ship name ones that just boot to elite main page.

is this before or after the 20gb ver 1.54 patch I wonder?
20gigs?
When?
PS4 or PS5?

I don't remember any big Elite patches recently, the one i got on my base PS4 about two days ago was about half a gig, i reckon...

(Though i won't be near my PS4 Pro 'til Sunday night, so i've yet to see the size on it 🤔😃 .)

20gigs?
When?
PS4 or PS5?

I don't remember any big Elite patches recently, the one i got on my base PS4 about two days ago i reckon about half a gig...

(Though i won't be near my PS4 Pro 'til Sunday night, so i've yet to see the size on it 🤔😃 .)
I ran the 1.54 patch on my PS4 Pro, yetserday then kept crashing out, In my downloads it was downloading under the auspices of 1.54 a 20gb download. It took three hours to fully download. Whether it was forcing horizons down again I am not sure. One chap on the forum here sort of reckoned it was that, as a result of a data corrupt, but I don't have any bad sectors on my HDD - so make of it what you will. At the end of it I got back into the game and was able to launch a ship. Previously I couldn't swap ships, look at the mission screen without black screening, and launch just lifted me up to the pad and then nothing and left me sitting there.

Once i was in and rebooted after the download, I have to say it seemed to boot quicker and faster access to menus that what I have previously experienced. Not sure exactly what the tweaks for Horizons actually were, but it was a time of consternation with that download!

I ran the 1.54 patch on my PS4 Pro, yetserday then kept crashing out, In my downloads it was downloading under the auspices of 1.54 a 20gb download. It took three hours to fully download. Whether it was forcing horizons down again I am not sure. One chap on the forum here sort of reckoned it was that, as a result of a data corrupt, but I don't have any bad sectors on my HDD - so make of it what you will. At the end of it I got back into the game and was able to launch a ship. Previously I couldn't swap ships, look at the mission screen without black screening, and launch just lifted me up to the pad and then nothing and left me sitting there.

Once i was in and rebooted after the download, I have to say it seemed to boot quicker and faster access to menus that what I have previously experienced. Not sure exactly what the tweaks for Horizons actually were, but it was a time of consternation with that download!
Well if it's working, it's working, though anytime i'm prompted to download a suspiciously big patch, when the notes don't mention much, i generally delete(the patch, not the game) and restart it and/or restart the system...

It's often due to server errors, causing it to redownload existing data.

In particular i got a new external drive recently and that acts funny if i put the PS4 into rest mode sometimes, looking for alot more of existing patches and a deletion/ restart fixes it 😃🤔 .

Last edited:
Top Bottom