RE: Early Access Alpha

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
RE: Early Access Alpha

Hi,

Do you know how long we can play the Pre Alpha beta for? Is it a week? Can we play it up till release? I'm not sure. I am ordering it soon. Thank you for your help.

The early bird edition gives you access to the game in March and all the way through till release and includes the full game at release.

- Title : Early Access Alpha
- Question : Do you know how long we can play the Pre Alpha beta for? [...]

But no one bats an eye...

This ... is ... just ... amazing !!! [big grin]

- Title : Early Access Alpha
- Question : Do you know how long we can play the Pre Alpha beta for? [...]

But no one bats an eye...

This ... is ... just ... amazing !!! [big grin]

yeah. the beta that's better before the alpha tha'ts early bird? or something.

there's no alpha / beta on offer. there's early access.

yeah. the beta that's better before the alpha tha'ts early bird? or something.

there's no alpha / beta on offer. there's early access.

The Early Access allows you to play the alpha version of the game starting in March. From then you can play whenever you want, with new version every couple of weeks/months (I'm just guessing here). Eventually it will become beta and then in Q4 2016 you will have the final game already available to play.

I bought the Early Bird just before Christmas and literally cannot wait to get my hands on this!! I was under the impression that we only got access to the Alpha build as it stood in March, which is then updated for the Beta when that's ready (and not updated throughout). Does this mean then that this is more like Early Access than Alpha testing? Totally worth the extra if so (as it was worth it to start with!) :D

I bought the Early Bird just before Christmas and literally cannot wait to get my hands on this!! I was under the impression that we only got access to the Alpha build as it stood in March, which is then updated for the Beta when that's ready (and not updated throughout). Does this mean then that this is more like Early Access than Alpha testing? Totally worth the extra if so (as it was worth it to start with!) :D

No...it's testing.
I remember reading that they were actually going to start Early Access with Beta testing, but then later changed their minds and decided to start with Alpha. I suppose they're that confident.

They'll release new builds as they get more feedback- with regards to content...I don't know if more will be released as we progress or not.

Zac, If you could please explain how this Early Access works, it would answer quite a few questions , there seems to be a lot of confusion about Early Access, as to what it entails and how long can we play it for.

Is it actually Alpha Testing?
Will it be update on a regular basis up until final release?
Are you expected to take part in finding faults if you buy Early access?
Once I buy Early Access, I won't need to purchase the game again?

Thank you Zac, if you can find the time to answer. Much appreciated.

Last edited:
more info would be great , I ordered early access yesterday and also cancelled RCTW pre order yesterday because of the lack of communication from A****i

Quite a few have cancelled RCTW, myself included, I have lost faith in that game because of lack of information. I have supported Frontier 100% since I joined this forum and have every confidence that we will get a brilliant game at the end of the day.

I'm still on the edge about buying early access, I just don't think we get enough for $80 that covers the value. If we get something like a shirt, goodies, etc... that $80 could be worth it.

If it means getting to play the game months ahead of release, I'm more than happy to be an Alpha tester! Constant crashes and bug reports don't bother me... if it means that I can play a final game knowing that in some way, shape or form I helped to shape it...

Harbinger

Volunteer Moderator
I'm still on the edge about buying early access, I just don't think we get enough for $80 that covers the value. If we get something like a shirt, goodies, etc... that $80 could be worth it.

Where are you getting the extra $5 from?

z1JU1H0.png

it took me 3 dev diarys to agree that £50 was a fair price

I always thought this would cost £40 as a AAA Title, however £20 to pre order was crazy , but then £50 to test it, it was a little hard to justify at first, however as time goes on, not at all, it becomes more and more "Worth it"

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom