Re: Mercury Landing - Hunting Phosphorous

Learning curve strikes again!
What I really love is, that there is always so much to say about how to do stuff and use our instruments the right way. The sim is what makes Elite so special. :)

You can indeed go rock-hunting, but if the aim is to collect necessary materials without wasting a lot of time, geological or biological POIs are the places to go for abundant material recovery in far less time.
o7 - eye the aim is the collect necessary rather random hunting.. I cant wait to get home from work.. the magnificent beast awaits..im going to hunt for mats for my current blue print instead.. phosphorous first on the list..

o7 - eye the aim is the collect necessary rather random hunting.. I cant wait to get home from work.. the magnificent beast awaits..im going to hunt for mats for my current blue print instead.. phosphorous first on the list..
Phosphorous is not rare, it is much like dust - a lot of it around (if planet has it in the list of mats, of course).
When I need the mats I prefer free driving using some noticeble object as direction (local star, gas giant).
Also fun to choose planets with potential breathtaking sights, like the one near rings.
POIs will not provide you with metallic meteorits, they contain bunch of rare mats.
Free driving is quite relaxing, many interesting things could be found, like fallen navbeacons/sattelites, abandonned cargo, crashed ships.

Away.

Actually, I believe it goes into some manner of synchronous orbit above you because a recall has it returning in all of a minute. The only catch that I've discovered so far, is that it doesn't always come back to the same place where you dismissed it from.
I get really annoyed when you recall a ship and it lands 1.5Km away from a perfectly landable spot instead of where you want it. - Im not talking about too close to a base - it seems to be arbitrary - I think a limit of 500m away should be standard - sometimes you can't get the ship closer after several recalls and just have to deal with it.

I get really annoyed when you recall a ship and it lands 1.5Km away from a perfectly landable spot instead of where you want it. - Im not talking about too close to a base - it seems to be arbitrary - I think a limit of 500m away should be standard - sometimes you can't get the ship closer after several recalls and just have to deal with it.
I think it should at the very least return to the coordinates of where you left it before it flew away. After all what if you had set up your tent and tilly lamp n everything.. you got your sausages cooking on the pan.. oh for the love of thargoids.. now I gotta packup n drive 2000meters.. well im eating my sausage butty with mustard before I do.. :)

Re: Why not.. I write a lot of emails and each title is Re: subject matter... Re: thanks for asking.. re:07
I bet you confuse a lot of your email correspondents if all of your mails start with Re: - they'll desperately go hunting their inboxes for the original mail, as Re: usually indicates a reply to an earlier mail. :)

I bet you confuse a lot of your email correspondents if all of your mails start with Re: - they'll desperately go hunting their inboxes for the original mail, as Re: usually indicates a reply to an earlier mail. :)
I've always considered Re: to be Regarding ... Regarding mercury landing - hunting phosphorous

Re: have I gotten it wrong this whole time. I get emails from lots of people starting the same. Its become a habit I can't stop doing.

Its become a kind of signature now

o7

I can relate to this. Several times already I've done missions where I have to sneak up in the SRV and scan or requisition something; 'Parking' a good distance away so as to avoid detection, when I recall the ship (which has inevitability dismissed itself) it comes back and lands right next to the 'enemy'. DOH! :oops: :mad:

I've always considered Re: to be Regarding ... Regarding mercury landing - hunting phosphorous

Re: have I gotten it wrong this whole time. I get emails from lots of people starting the same. Its become a habit I can't stop doing.

Its become a kind of signature now

o7
There's nothing wrong with adopting your own style. It's just that the email header itself reads "Subject: whatever your going to talk about", so when someone sees "Re:" they usually assume it's "Regarding:" an earlier email with the given subject.

Top Bottom