Re: Naming a ship

Going to be boring, but...

My combat ships are named after noteworthy US Admirals/Captains (Nimitz, Spruance, etc.)
My Imperial ships are named after ships Nelson commanded (Victory, etc.)
My exploration ships are named after US astronauts who were in the Navy (Armstrong, Shepard, Young, etc.)

DDastardly00

D
The purpose of its future will be as an explorer, miner, trader and possibly when I gain enough experience a pirate hunter.. but the latter im not really interested in.

O7

Solitary, alone in the black, exploring, isolated.....

Computing...
Computing...
Computing...

Answer:

Solus

solus
[ saw-loo s; English soh-luh s ]SHOW IPA
/ ˈsɔ lʊs; English ˈsoʊ ləs /PHONETIC RESPELLING
EXAMPLES|
adjective Latin.
(referring to a man) alone; by oneself (used formerly in stage directions

"The Armed Chair"
Cutter synonym Carver. Carver a dining chair with arms.

"Fireball XL1"
For the Gerry Anderson series.

"Conrad"
For the author of Nostromo

Its the imperial cutter. I started out my elite career in a sidewinder and got my first diamond back explorer and earnt from courier missions alone enough money to buy a python. I had never done anything other than courier missions. No mining no combat no trading. Just courier missions. My python was the gateway to mining with a buddy showing me the ropes. My first ever contact over microphone with someone I've never met. I earnt my first load of void opals. It was then that I decided that I wanted to do it in style so I grinded up to Duke and bought the cutter. I own the best looking ship the universe but I don't feel I deserve it as I've bypassed an awful lot of experience. Although i do have a lot of experience now im still very much feeling blessed to have it. I want to engineer it to the max so I can get the biggest jump range. The purpose of its future will be as an explorer, miner, trader and possibly when I gain enough experience a pirate hunter.. but the latter im not really interested in.

O7
The Pentacle

Since it is an Imperial Cutter, that paramount non capital Imperial ship

After Emperors of Old Earth:
Charlemagne
Charles Martel
Berengar
Sigismund

Justinian
Theodosius

Or Duvalian Emperors, in order of reign:
Henson Duval
Saik Duval
Trasken Duval
Hennick Duva
Lucius Duval
Anders Duval
Hender Duval
Trasken II Duval
Trasken III Duval
Olban Hensard Duval
Gaylen Trasken Duval
Atticus Obellan Duval
Hender Saik Duval
Hesketh Duval
Hengist Duval

Pick a painfully obvious name and translate it into Latin. For example, the Mamba sounds better as 'Fulminis' than 'Thunderbolt'.

I second that, tho you shouldn't limit yourself to just Latin. Use Google translate, type a word and browse available languages to see the results. This is how I got:

Mamba is Hkei Mi E7 (E7 being addition made by me to complete the meaning)
FGS currently is Nag Woede. Sounds misterious and menacing but translated from target language into English you'll smirk with "ha..... ha...." as you get the reference.

I want to engineer it to the max so I can get the biggest jump range.

Mine with limited engineering, frankly just D-rating, downgrading and G5 FSD + 5H gFSDbooster broke 51 LYs with all safety amenities like shields, AFMU, dual SRV hangar and repair limpet controller. With further engineering (lightweight-ing were possible) you can squeeze even more.

Its the imperial cutter.
The purpose of its future will be as an explorer, miner, trader and possibly when I gain enough experience a pirate hunter.. but the latter im not really interested in.

Imperial Cutter - Guilty Pleasure

• in Afrikaans: Skuldige Plesier
  • in Bengal: Anusocanara Ananda
  • in Punjabi: Dosi Khusi
  • in Japan: Zaiaku-kan
  • in Khosa: Ukonwabela Isazela
  • in Somalian: Raaxo Sir Ah (hm... I may have found Raxxla)
  • in Maori: Nga Ahuareka Hara
  • in ...

Top Bottom