Re: Python Frustrateables

Hi CMDR's

Im getting seriously fed up of the python as I cant for the life of me get it to go past 14ly jump range. Ive engineered it, stripped it bare and it just wont budge past 14.

can someone please point me in the right direction as to what im doing wrong or have I hit the limit wih it. keeping it bare it will do 14 as I start adding things back it drops to about 11-12

I saved up hard grind to buy it and I feel its about time to ditch it for something else

please help

14ly?!

Could you post your build?

Edit: just twiddled with Coriolis, and a stock Python with a 5A FSD Engineered to long-range grade 5 and Mass manager will do 25-29Ly depending on which figure you read.

I'm fairly sure I maxed it out but will check tonight. I may have missed something. I've built a lot of ships recently

What FSD module are you using and what engineering has been applied to it ?

A 5A with grade 5 Increased Range + Mass Manager - on a stock Python with no other changes will achieve 29.41Ly max jump range.

I'm fairly sure I maxed it out but will check tonight. I may have missed something. I've built a lot of ships recently
Sometimes that's not always the best plan - if you can 'D' rate a module (NOT the FSD!) then do so - 'D' rated modules have the least mass.

It comes with a 5E. Wouldn't be the first to think a more expensive lower A would be an improvement.
I must be misunderstanding you - a 5A FSD is better than a 5E. Weighs the same, jumps further.

Edit: Ah, I get you - you mean installing a 4 or lower, but A rating it. Gotcha. My mistake.

Last edited:
Top Bottom