Re: Warning Frame Shift Drive Operating Beyond Safety Limits

How do you identify which fissures they are just by looking at them. Do I have to select a fissure from the contacts panel and target it..or are they easy to see.. I fly vertical with nose down so I fly around the asteroid rather than trying to wait for a fissure to line up with me

O7
Use Prospector limpet- then look at left panel/Contacts. Select(Target) fissure to be <in contacts> - it will tell you High/Average/Low yield.

Maybe you dropped out near a white star?
Usually Verity only gets a bit frisky if you try to caress her into a white dwarf or neutron star.

Incidentally I've had this message also popped out as I dropped out of hyperspace. But that was in the orbit of a white star, and my FSDs were deep charge G5 engineered for range. Maybe engineering had something to do with it?
It was a white one..😎

Out of curiosity what spec machine is your pc. Im running 60fps with a gtx 970 and a 2011 i5-2500k still going strong.. a few unopened i5-2500ks and motherboards in the loft should I ever have a blow out..

o7
Fond memories of my i5 2500k. It is now going to another home. Great little processor at the time and still does well now especially for 1080p gaming.

snip
...and my FSDs were deep charge G5 engineered for range. Maybe engineering had something to do with it?

On a sidenote...

Better don't go for deep charge as special effect, as it has no real benefits and reduces the overall range of your ship and it's only viable for ships below (around) 250t hull mass.
Above that border you're getting always a better jumprange with mass manager and of course a better overall range because of less fuel consumption.

The difference in jumprange between MM and DC below 250t hull mass is more or less marginal, like 38.10 ly (MM) to 38.14 ly (DC) on a stock Cobra Mk III with just a 4A FSD (ref. to Coriolis.io), but the overall jumprange gets reduced from 209,09 ly to 183.50 ly.

On topic: it seems to happen when you fly near, or better said, through the very last, barely noticeable outskirts of a white dwarfs jet cone and your scoop sniffs away only the smallest particles and your ship's voice gets mad on that. Sometimes really annoying...

Top Bottom