Re: Weinbaum city ... seriously

Deleted member 38366

D
Well those places are still at max just 1-2 hours away from jump point. Not so economically unfeasible when thinking about flightime...

That's not what I meant, basically you often have Stations that are orbiting a suitable Planet many Ls out on a B Star - all while similar valid and suitable Planets are readily available right near the A Star.

So if given the choice between building a Station 240Ls away or 620240Ls away (both around a perfectly valid Planet) - which one would make the most sense? ;)

That's not what I meant, basically you often have Stations that are orbiting a suitable Planet many Ls out on a B Star - all while similar valid and suitable Planets are readily available right near the A Star.

So if given the choice between building a Station 240Ls away or 620240Ls away (both around a perfectly valid Planet) - which one would make the most sense? ;)
You can't get a mission that pays 5,575,000 from a 240ls station.. but if you could then a 240ls

Deleted member 38366

D
You can't get a mission that pays 5,575,000 from a 240ls station.. but if you could then a 240ls

When the Stations were placed, Ls-Range dependent Mission payout wasn't a thing ;)
But luckily that got implemented about 2 years after being requested, so now we have at least one reason to visit those remote places instead of ignoring them entirely.

(and yes, a Courier Mission to Hutton used to pay the exact same ~250Cr-500Cr than the one to the next-door System)

I have just arrived at Weinbaum city. 54 mins .. not bad. Probably won't do it again in a hurry.. feeling very sleepy now
You are ready grasshopper, to try the Hutton Run.
Just jump to Alpha Centauri and point your ship towards Proxima... 80 to 90 minutes later, settle down in the bar with an ice cold mug of Centauri mega-gin.

Hi cmdrs

I'm actually doing a dock at Weinbaum city.. over 4,000,000 ls to station.. did it drift out of orbit one day and get lost for a while. Why the vast distance I ask..
Check the other station's in that system, there all great distances. Though I've lost my notes as to which stations to avoid in the future, I remember it had three such systems like that one; Where as the stations are in excess of 2 or 3 million from the entry star.

Hi cmdrs

I'm actually doing a dock at Weinbaum city.. over 4,000,000 ls to station.. did it drift out of orbit one day and get lost for a while. Why the vast distance I ask..

It is around a tertiary star in the system.

Don't take the mission if you can't do the time.

I'm absolutely fuming..I popped out to help misses cat jumped on keyboard and my ship flew into something and is now destroyed... do i destroy the cat aaaarrrrfffgghhh rebuy cost just wiped out my profit from this run.

That truly sucks :D Sorry for your part.

Heh something "funny" to lighten your mood, once I run pretty profitable passanger run (I don't remember exact systems anymore, but took around 30 mins to run...well I was drinking while flying. Ship was going at full throttle and I just passed out during mission, when I awoke my Clipper had about 1/3 extended fuel tanks left and message logs had multiple passanger complaints and last message about them taking rescue pods and leaving. Ship was somewhere half a light year middle in black :D

That truly sucks :D Sorry for your part.

Heh something "funny" to lighten your mood, once I run pretty profitable passanger run (I don't remember exact systems anymore, but took around 30 mins to run...well I was drinking while flying. Ship was going at full throttle and I just passed out during mission, when I awoke my Clipper had about 1/3 extended fuel tanks left and message logs had multiple passanger complaints and last message about them taking rescue pods and leaving. Ship was somewhere half a light year middle in black :D
I feel much better now

Top Bottom