Real life advertising

This may have been mentioned before but I have wondered why Frontier don't put real life adverts in their stations, for instance the anti virus that I use has their logo thats very similar to the robot/android you see in some stations. They could also advertise their other games and the like or store discounts, perhaps offering a discount to people that pursue the advert (with a discount code in the advert).

This may have been mentioned before but I have wondered why Frontier don't put real life adverts in their stations, for instance the anti virus that I use has their logo thats very similar to the robot/android you see in some stations. They could also advertise their other games and the like or store discounts, perhaps offering a discount to people that pursue the advert (with a discount code in the advert).

I'd say because in 1286 years, nobody will be playing or using 2019 products or services. It would be a bif naff if they 'broke immersion' to advertise to the userbase something that is completely unrelated to the Elite universe

I'd say because in 1286 years, nobody will be playing or using 2019 products or services. It would be a bif naff if they 'broke immersion' to advertise to the userbase something that is completely unrelated to the Elite universe
Do you think that lntel or kok@-col@ will be dead at the time?

I'm against the approach either though.

Yeah didn't mean cars and that sort of consumer items, but I doubt anti virus will ever go out of fashion and I get what you say about immersion (popular byword these days) but having NPC's with monikers like Jimi Hendrix, David Attenborough etc does tend to hark back to the 20th century.

Side bar: Do you guys think those companies survive the ten years of WWIII? We know America is basically the only country that doesn't get nuked, but I imagine a few years in to the war, resources start to get reserved for the war effort, just like in the last two world wars.

What are your feelings?

Almost certainly they will...

Anyway the real reason for no rl advertising in game is that FDev want to keep their customers.

Yes, as I replied to a post that was made almost exactly a week ago, the day I see coca cola advertised in game is the last day I play this game.

So yes it has been mentioned before, here;

Here;

Here;

I could go on but I can't be bothered, specially about the one "inspired by EVE Online." If I wanted to play EVE Online I would play EVE Online.

DRINK!

Top Bottom