CQC Real men PvP in CQC, only carebears PvP in the main game

About gimballed weapons, it's not entirely true. There exists a distinct advantage being able to target without automated tracking, under some circumstances.

Last edited:
Yes, come and test your "skill" in a game mode that has 100% gimballed weapons, 2s TTK, engagements that are decided by who fires first, no risk of rebuy or anything meaningful with regards to ingame factions/powerplay/squadrons, extremely limited ship/weapon/loadout diversity, and is easily exploited by just camping powerups and cheesing. Not to mention that it's completely dead in my timezone.

Unlike 70% of the Elite playerbase, I would rather spend my time playing the game than staring at a timer.

Ye sure. In main game you have to grind hundreds of hours in solo to eventually come out in open with your pvp ready ship.

Not everybody has time for that. CQC doesn't require grind to have a competitive ship. All is down to skill and experience.

And being shot at first doesn't mean you die first. You clearly don't know much about cqc.

To be succesful in cqc you have to be a good flier, you have to know your surroundings, be tactical and make right decisions.

If you play with some other clueless people then sure it may seem who fires first wins.

Try to play with some veterans and they will prove you wrong.

Oh and power ups are part of the game, deal with it.

Last edited:
There are fixed weapons in cqc too.. multicannons, plasma repeaters they pretty much work like fixed weapons in the main game. Lasers are half-gimballed that is true (sidewinder has fully gimballed lasers). You can still shoot like fixed if you don't lock the target. Unless we complain about other people using half-gimballed weapons in cqc. Yet nobody whines about gimballed weapons being used in the main game [haha]

"Real men eat pizza, only carebears eat sushi"

"Real men listen to jazz, only carebears like classic rock"

"Real men like football, only carebears like hockey"

etc.

I get that OP was trying to be funny but let's not turn this into an *actual* really dumb argument that boils down to taste. :)

Yes, come and test your "skill" in a game mode that has 100% gimballed weapons, 2s TTK, engagements that are decided by who fires first, no risk of rebuy or anything meaningful with regards to ingame factions/powerplay/squadrons, extremely limited ship/weapon/loadout diversity, and is easily exploited by just camping powerups and cheesing. Not to mention that it's completely dead in my timezone.

Unlike 70% of the Elite playerbase, I would rather spend my time playing the game than staring at a timer.

Sounds like you're just crap at CQC

Sounds like you're just crap at CQC

I managed to get quite a few matches in when CQC was new and people actually played it in my timezone (hence my sig on this forum). I maintained a high KDR and WR, but just found it not as fun or deep as main game PvP as far as mechanics and skill testing goes.

I get that there are people who enjoy it, and that's their right. My issue is when people try to make the claim that it's somehow a replacement for main game PvP, and/or a better test of skill. CQC severely cuts down on the skills you are able to gain with regard to the main game, but introduces others such as map knowledge that aren't a thing in the main game anywhere.

There are fixed weapons in cqc too.. multicannons, plasma repeaters they pretty much work like fixed weapons in the main game. Lasers are half-gimballed that is true (sidewinder has fully gimballed lasers). You can still shoot like fixed if you don't lock the target. Unless we complain about other people using half-gimballed weapons in cqc. Yet nobody whines about gimballed weapons being used in the main game [haha]

There are no fixed weapons in CQC, genius. You spent 3 months grinding elite every day, why don't you know this?

His some non talk, when you tried normal pvp you got absolutely dumpstered, in the pvp hub matches and the league, so yes from that I gather that you should stick to budget pvp

Real men are out hunting real moose with real guns, cooking the meat over a real fire with real wood cut with a real axe swung by their real muscles, and then eating that cooked meat with a really big hunting knife.

In other words, none of us here are "real" men, not even those of you with fancy VR rigs :p

At best, we are virtual men ;)

Last edited:
I managed to get quite a few matches in when CQC was new and people actually played it in my timezone (hence my sig on this forum). I maintained a high KDR and WR, but just found it not as fun or deep as main game PvP as far as mechanics and skill testing goes.

I get that there are people who enjoy it, and that's their right. My issue is when people try to make the claim that it's somehow a replacement for main game PvP, and/or a better test of skill. CQC severely cuts down on the skills you are able to gain with regard to the main game, but introduces others such as map knowledge that aren't a thing in the main game anywhere.

I banged around in CQC for a bit since I started playing. Its great if you can find a group of players that are close in skill. I think it stands as a great way to learn combat flight, especially FA off stuff. It opened my eyes to the use of FA when fighting and how fun reverskis are.

It is a shame how hard it is to get a match. I think if they made it available from withing stations it could be cool. Something to do while waiting for module/ship delivery, or waiting for someone to meet up. They should make it less removed from the core experience

Goose4291

Banned
I managed to make Elite in CQC before my 'enforced' wipe.

That fact should show everyone how bad it is as a metric for PvP skill :D

Top Bottom