Horizons Really large landable planets: the list.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Number 5 spot coming in.. .move over move over
hzeBRy6.jpg

How can >1.5G planet not have an atmosphere?

Gravity doesn't mean it will have an atmosphere. It's more likely, but it will depend on the geomagnetic field. If it has none, it may well have no atmosphere as the solar winds will just rip any gases that would form an atmoshpere away, very similar to what has happened to Mars.

Last edited:
EACTAINDS RR-P B5-0 C 1 - radius = 20,064 KM CMDR Edelgard von Rhein
The orbital period is just 1.4 days but even though it is so close to its parent star it's not tidally locked - the rotational period is 0.5 days. A very strange world! This is close to Rendezvous Point but I forgot to check the exact distance, although it's probably within two jumps for my 33LY Asp.
Eactainds RR-P b5-0 C 1 orbital view.jpgEactainds RR-P b5-0 C 1 system view.jpg

EACTAINDS RR-P B5-0 C 1 - radius = 20,064 KM CMDR Edelgard von Rhein
The orbital period is just 1.4 days but even though it is so close to its parent star it's not tidally locked - the rotational period is 0.5 days. A very strange world! This is close to Rendezvous Point but I forgot to check the exact distance, although it's probably within two jumps for my 33LY Asp.

Ah someone else on the DW journey :)

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Just discovered a fairly large ringed planet, 52.6 earth masses and 24,353km radius

View attachment 107419

Thats a BIGGY!

GLAICHOO QX-N B21-0 C 1 - radius = 19,875 KM CMDR Edelgard von Rhein
The planet has a strange orbit, being both close-in (period = 2.2 days) and very eccentric (eccentricity = 0.8840).
Glaichoo QX-N b21-0 C 1 orbit.jpgGlaichoo QX-N b21-0 C 1 orbital view.jpgGlaichoo QX-N b21-0 C 1 system view.jpg

'Weighing' in at 3.9 G, with a radius of 13,001 km, I present Trepin A 1.

Trepin.jpg

As a word of advice... only ever breath on the down thruster when landing... ...I forgot and blessed my lucky shields!

And to go with the huge G, it has a huge base:

Menzies.jpg

CMDR PiLhEaD

On my way back from DWE I found several large landables, including a conspicuous cluster near the borders of the Praei permit zone. A couple of these worlds have huge craters that are themselves the size of planets! There is also one that I found on my out that I delayed reporting until now because of the ringed Earth-like World in the system, which just happens to be close to the borders of the Bleia permit zone.
GRIA FLYUAE TA-L D9-12 1 - radius = 13,336 KM CMDR Edelgard von Rhein
PHEIA BRIAE ZG-B D14-653 11 - radius = 16,206 KM CMDR Edelgard von Rhein
The 13th planet in this system is a ringed Earth-like World and this system is only ~300LY away from the borders of the Bleia permit zone!
THUECHEAE VN-O C8-3 A 5 - radius = 16,886 KM CMDR Edelgard von Rhein
One of the group not far from the borders of the Praei permit zone.
THUECHU AS-R D5-69 A 3 - radius = 19,376 KM CMDR Edelgard von Rhein
One of the group not far from the borders of the Praei permit zone.
THUECHU AW-V E2-0 B 1 - radius = 19,263 KM CMDR Edelgard von Rhein
This one is barely a jump away from the other large landable I encountered in Thuechu sector.

Ripbudd

Banned
Is it even possible with 5G-9G planets to NOT have an atmosphere? I mean Earth have 1G and we are keeping ours. Venus 0.9G no magnetic core and still atmosphere. Our gas giants have barely 2G and they have plenty of it.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom