Ships Rear Admiral's lounge

A very interesting loadout. I am especially impressed by your use of fixed weapons on a big ship. Mixing MCs with beam lasers seems to make good sense also. I have often torn between beam and pulse lasers. More lately I have purchased and engineered 4 x size 2 burst lasers for no better reason than they make the best sound. :p

Hey welcome to the club :)(y)
Which loadout did you have in mind for weapons?
I'm not a pro-pilot, but so far on huge I tried 2x 5G effective gimball Beams and 2x unengineered gimball MCs. IMHO combo with huge MCs is overall more effective (once you take down the NPCs shields with something on those smaller hardpoints).
Seems that shields will go down nicely anyway, but when you start hitting their hull, huge MC does it faster compared to MCs on smaller hardpoints (and with only 2 pips in WPN, 4 in SYS).

Hope more experienced ppl will give you advice as well so we can all learn something new.
o7
My weapon loadout is:
4A beam lasers(fixed) X2
3B seeker missile rack X1
2B Rail gun(fixed) X2
1G multi-cannon(gimballed) X2

I was planning to go efficient mod on the beam lasers, but I'm not sure what to do with the other weapons.

I'm not a fan of the efficient mod because of the damage diffusion effect with range. With the long range mod, you sort of get a bonus. Not only do you get the extended range but no damage fall off with range. So you focus your enemy's mind from the very start of the engagement.

Void Opal mining certainly opens doors to posh boats and loads of A class modules. It used to be stacking skimmer missions and board swapping passenger jobs. Now big money is legit.

Hello team. I put this bad boy together on my luch break, and I am thinking that when I get back to the bubble, my goal will be to build it. Any feedback would be cool!

Too much module reinforcement, its only effective when enemy shoots your ship and your module gets protected in the mean time, also they don't reinforce against HEAT if you are cooking. I prefer Efficient plasma duo to its 20% damage increase and its not hard to hit your target + plasma doesn't need more piercing I believe and I believe focused will only heat you more up, so that means less shooting.

Too much module reinforcement, its only effective when enemy shoots your ship and your module gets protected in the mean time, also they don't reinforce against HEAT if you are cooking. I prefer Efficient plasma duo to its 20% damage increase and its not hard to hit your target + plasma doesn't need more piercing I believe and I believe focused will only heat you more up, so that means less shooting.
Ok so something more like this then?

Running the Biweave, I like the module reinforcement to eat up damage while the shields come online. TBH everything else is so built up I dont know what else I would have there

Ok so something more like this then?

Running the Biweave, I like the module reinforcement to eat up damage while the shields come online. TBH everything else is so built up I dont know what else I would have there

Weapon side looks good, its just that there is stil too many module and I don't think any enemy player would be able to kill a specific module easy with 2 reinforcement.
What you could do on defenses module is switching Fuel scoop to 6A and adding a 7A Shield Cell Bank in the place (Specialized for less heat and more MJ) That way you will survive way longer then having a module reinforcement tbh. May you enjoy your Corvette =)

Also you get a lot of shield strength if you swap 1 termal and 1 kinetic resistant shield booster with heavy duty ones.

Otherwise nice ship, I am sure you'll be able to easy tweak it after you get it and make it. Exploring possibilities and testing things is part of enjoyment when you finally get it and engineer it.

Forgot to say. Best ship in the game. I have just finished engineering the living daylights out of an imperial cutter and to be honest. I'm not so impressed. A wing of 3 gankers recently all had to wake out after intedicting me and my corvette. They only took down one shield with fusilade of burst lasers before their leader got down to 30% hull and decided to go and bother someone else. .
With that build you've shared? I'm impressed. Would love to duel your corvette. Either in my own corvette or in my vulture. Pm me.

With that build you've shared? I'm impressed. Would love to duel your corvette. Either in my own corvette or in my vulture. Pm me.
You think the build is wanting?? You got me hooked. What do you think is wrong with it? Not available for duels right now. Frantically mining for a carrier

I agree, you can probably reach 40ly jump range in an Explore-Vette. So that's not terrible. And if you enjoy the journey that's all that matters. The SC turn rate beats the conda.
Actually from what i gatter if i take the time to do the engenieers gauntlet i can get 41Ly around that with a fully tricked out Vette,
I managed to pull 46ly in a stripped down build to get my Corvette from the bubble to Colonia. That had all the basics of an explo build- DSS, AFMU, the most basic shields, etc. Stick a planetary hangar in it and she'd be good. I'd bet you could manage a solid 42+ with the same optional modules as my 46ly T9.

You think the build is wanting??
To be honest it simply looks like an pure PvE ship and those gankers must have flown paperships. Can't give you details about your ship without a coriolis.io link, but it's shielding is probably lower than 3k mj with horrible resists and the hull looks paper thin for a big ship. Against a wing of three attackers, who are (standard loadout) using mediums and plasmas, I don't see it prevailing, running though is certainly possible. I can give you pointers to improve it if you want, but that's a lot easier with a coriolis link to start with. Just for some rough comparisons my Corvette has resistances of 45% 4,5k hull, a 3k biweave with 55% - 50% - 40%, two SCBs and the dps of the huge hardpoints alone is 120.

Mostly putting this here so i can find it later, but I refined my design from a couple of pages back. Finally back in the bubble and fortifying for LYR so I can get a 300% payout on my exploration data. After that I will finish unlocking engineers and build this!

https://s.orbis.zone/4dj5

Any feedback is welcome

For PVE at HazRES I use this build, most targets can be destroyed with the beams but for large ships add the cannon fire for the hull.

https://coriolis.edcd.io/outfit/fed...RAEYIgkFBFA=&bn=Federal Corvette laser/cannon

I've tried class 4 PA's on the Vette but although it's agile for such a large ship it's way too much like hard work using PA's ;), frag turrets on the S/M/L hardpoints are worth a look too as they only fire at optimum range and the shot spread means chaffing isn't that effective.

https://coriolis.edcd.io/outfit/fed...AJRAEYIgkFBFA=&bn=Federal Corvette laser/frag

I was a real (keep away from combat) player, mostly blaming slower reactions based on my age (70yrs now) the firsty three yrs I played but really wanted a Corvette so I ground it out and got one around 2yrs ago. I went the shield tank route and after trying out a few of the different weapon combos at these forums finally settled on the following load out. I prefer the fixed weapons as you get higher DPS with them. Also if you place them as I have then it isn't a problem keeping them centred on the bigger ships. I have found that the best way to fight the smaller faster ships like the FDL, Mamba etc is to let them attack you, let them get to 5-800ms and use reverse thrusters and pitch to keep them in your sights their shields don't last long and they are easy pickings. I play in Open exclusively and mainly do missions nonetheless have gone from a complete coward to 96% Master and never had a rebuy in my Corvette. I don't suppose I would be much good in PvP but am not interested in that anyway but for PvE I really feel invincible in Penny Royal.

For PVE at HazRES I use this build, most targets can be destroyed with the beams but for large ships add the cannon fire for the hull.

https://coriolis.edcd.io/outfit/federal_corvette?code=A0pktrFklndusxf50x0x1n1k1k1h1h0404030303030404B0fh0605051O042929291F2t24.Iw18ZVA=.EwRgDBldMS8BZ7zAZhEA.H4sIAAAAAAAAA42SLU/DYBSF79g6trZb14ZtzSDjYy8IEuYxhIQEpggJgslpQCAQCAQKhUANBAIBjhAkP4AgyfD8AAwoDDDu5dwlexUJrTg5yXnueb9KPEpEPw6k8FQi8nbeRELvUyS694jMbYpIUrw0hPqHkNzWt0iw0iSKehivXGcAjXDFQvuQxl6VqHwUEI3VFTdfIvGdkmmuWfKANC8TDfLBmvELEnF4cQjlfRZx/ZBoWt2Mull1c+okyx0l05Cg9YGSGo7Q1DrJ8aZdqQ5xOnmi7O47drIMqHH6CiifBHK5bSEXktF+pz0O8qaAww727CWB/CRQIQlUTAIF3LLQGcTTiwtVzAmGpPRPXuY1m19ofpXFPW/gRUN18QMuy6iTCq9a8tw2aYlRJ1Vet/m2PtYl/o1Qm4z+KlLnhWHuuX2MHiOKerqT5yLySZ63812FHmGLUxMoURdpnVEnQn98v0dk0+jqAgAA.EweloBhBmcA44gGYFMAmKBOBDANgfQGMB7TANxQBdKUQBhUi6lAAmACEBWAJRAEYIgkFBFA=&bn=Federal Corvette laser/cannon

I've tried class 4 PA's on the Vette but although it's agile for such a large ship it's way too much like hard work using PA's ;), frag turrets on the S/M/L hardpoints are worth a look too as they only fire at optimum range and the shot spread means chaffing isn't that effective.

https://coriolis.edcd.io/outfit/federal_corvette?code=A0pktrFklndusxf50x0x1v7f7f22220404030303030404B0fh0605051O042929291F2t24.Iw18ZVA=.EwRgDBldMS8BZ7zAZhEA.H4sIAAAAAAAAA42RrU/DUBTF79hWtnZb14Z1DSHjox2ChHkMISGBKUKCADkNCAQCgUChEChAIBBgCRI8QZLh+QMwoDDAuJd7luylTUig4uQkv/NO732PeJiIvvMq5ccqkbP1KuI5HyL+rUMUX2eIJMPzg1BvX6Ww/iXiLraI/K4eD65yGhriwIR2VaKdOlHtwCUaaSAef4qEN0hmedQk9wi8RtTn/X+Gz0okz3ODULHEInbJI5qEm4Jrwk3DicUdJLMqbvtdS0Z1hRbqpMBr5k8NlXynSGRtv+kkCxqKjl80VPxPyOYNhHLgkS5mYdKov46TQM00KiVQPY3KCRSmUSWB7oIUcrltZj1VcXANHiQ+spVX/+A1Xjb8HPzS0ltb1ffx4MJ7XT2Gk4CXTPLMNKEkhpM6rxi+iau/0Jf20BTj4aXBswPu2D09eqjI72KSp4rycZ4x508QelBbmRjTEjgfdTGcCP3y/QCU5UQHuAIAAA==.EweloBhBmcA44gGYFMAmKBOBDANgfQGMB7TANxQBdKUQBhUi6lAAmACEBWAJRAEYIgkFBFA=&bn=Federal Corvette laser/frag
I was looking for something different. I like the looks of these. Thank you.

How often do you run out of ammo with the fragment build?

Top Bottom