Ships Rear Admiral's lounge

I think the Federal Corvette is def not just a trophy ship. I got quite a bit of use out of mine for power play, combat conventional and ax combat. I was able to sqeeze 28 ly jump range out it with a A rated combat build. If I D rated my sensors could get just over 30 ly range, not bad for a super heavy war ship. This thanks to Guardain FSD Booster. Also great for multi-role use, huge amount of cargo space if needed.

Call me nutts if you want, but im engaged in the grind to get one, and i am going to use it for... Exploration!!!

Im at the leutenant rank atm, still a way to go to unlock it, but ill get there, took a break for 2 days from it to get me the guardian fsd booster, wich i now own, so i can get a decent jump out of it, been playing in the coriolis with it and can get it to a decent 40 Ly (around that) jump range, without having a paper ship, going D-rate most stuff but at the most high level i can at the crucial ones, will post here when i have it and let u know how it goes.

The Federal Corvette may have drawbacks and probrably not the best suitable for what i am contemplating, but the looks, the gear it can pack and the overall performance, from what i can gatter from what i read and seen so far, it may be combat oriented but it can perform other roles too.

Call me nutts if you want, but im engaged in the grind to get one, and i am going to use it for... Exploration!!!

Im at the leutenant rank atm, still a way to go to unlock it, but ill get there, took a break for 2 days from it to get me the guardian fsd booster, wich i now own, so i can get a decent jump out of it, been playing in the coriolis with it and can get it to a decent 40 Ly (around that) jump range, without having a paper ship, going D-rate most stuff but at the most high level i can at the crucial ones, will post here when i have it and let u know how it goes.

The Federal Corvette may have drawbacks and probrably not the best suitable for what i am contemplating, but the looks, the gear it can pack and the overall performance, from what i can gatter from what i read and seen so far, it may be combat oriented but it can perform other roles too.

I agree, you can probably reach 40ly jump range in an Explore-Vette. So that's not terrible. And if you enjoy the journey that's all that matters. The SC turn rate beats the conda.

I agree, you can probably reach 40ly jump range in an Explore-Vette. So that's not terrible. And if you enjoy the journey that's all that matters. The SC turn rate beats the conda.

Actually from what i gatter if i take the time to do the engenieers gauntlet i can get 41Ly around that with a fully tricked out Vette, able to defend itself, even armed, off course without the heavy hull, module and bulkheads reinforcements, but even so, pretty capable combat ship, at least in PVE and with a good chance of survival if in a PVP enviroment in wich the focus is "get out of there" rather then stay n fight, so overall it can hold itself and kinda... Multirole.

The diference of handling and looks vs the conda is the main reason i want it, i used the conda to go to sagi A and colonia, and from there i returned in a phantom (had to try out the new ship kit), but i like the "big ships", so its a no brainer this "pain" to get it.

Grind done!

Got my corvette, its set for PVE/Exploration
(work in progress)

Full multicannon loadout (yes all slots)
Point defense
Chaff
Major systems A-rated or D rated to the max slot available
SRV bay
Repair + collet limpets
Hull + modules reinforcements
Guardian FSD booster
Discovery scanner
Docking computer
Auto Repair unit

Range: 36Ly (needs engenieering to guns and other systems to increase this)

2wpmafl.jpg

Tried it out in resource areas so far, and its a beast!
Shields hold so well, even vs multiple enemies (lights)
Guns simply anihilate all that is small, medium dont last long too. Those two huge 4A´s... Ouch!
Chaff + point defense works so well
I can even stay stopped collecting the things the ships dropped with the limpets and know im fairly safe while doing it.

Last edited:
I present you my ship "WWS - Nova"
This ship is meant for combat against medium/large ships and so far it has worked within my expierence.

The build is very tight and almost have no room for anything else, thus I had to sacrifice some SCB engineer in order to make the ship run.

(1) = Primary
(2) = Secondary

Firegroup 1:
- (1) 2x Plasma Accelerator
- (2) Beam Laser + Pulse Laser + Multi-Cannon

Firegroup 2:
- (1) 2x Plasma Accelerator
- (2) Beam Laser + Pulse Laser + Multi-Cannon + Railgun

Firegroup 3:

- (1) Packhound-missile rack
- (2) Beam Laser + Pulse Laser + Multi-Cannon

(Gotta love my PAs since they are target lock + dispersal field, that way I get less hit overal)
Stil waiting for a pulse paintjob to come in the store

rOskZ8k.png

Last edited:
So to "revive" this post...

Here is my current build for the Federal Corvette:

This is the "Privateer", my multi use corvette, named in honour of the 1st space game that actually hooked me totally to the genre and one of the reasons i like Elite so much, since the two compare alot in content.

2qta2o5.jpg

2livhhc.jpg

(Yes! Still undecided on wich paint scheme to use, i like the yellow, been running it, but that green, used it a little and its gorgeous, oh well, better to have options than dont have)

Mind me, its "work in progress", so changes could happen, but for most this is the build i will be using on it, and this ship is my primary in all regards, atm i dont own another and wont for the future for sure, since this one fits the bill for me.
As changes go, with the new update ill have to decide if i add the advanced docking computer or not, since im doing well in regards to landing by myself as in the past i basically sucked at it, so im divided... If i dont putt it, probrably will add another limpet controller that i see fit or of interest or a second AMFU... I dont know, ill cross that bridge when i get there.

Ive been mainly exploring with it, yup jump range... But its perfectly ok for me, while im exploring im running at very low jump ranges, as low as 1,5Ly to around 15Ly, only when i decide to come back to turn in data, going back to the last explore position or decide to change the area of operations that comes in as a factor.
But as is, i can defend myself and also go have fun in RES zones as a break from exploration or other activities im doing.

Still working on the engenieering part of it, to try and skeeze the max out of her.

Last edited:
So as of last week I am the proud owner of a Federal Corvette. I named her Andromeda. I am now in the process of engineering this beautiful ship. So far I have completed G5 on the FSD, and G3 DD on the thrusters, G1 overcharged on the PP, and G3 thermal resistance on the sheild generator. I'm trying to unlock more engineers to get my weapons upgraded too.

So as of last week I am the proud owner of a Federal Corvette. I named her Andromeda.
Hey welcome to the club :)(y)
Which loadout did you have in mind for weapons?
I'm not a pro-pilot, but so far on huge I tried 2x 5G effective gimball Beams and 2x unengineered gimball MCs. IMHO combo with huge MCs is overall more effective (once you take down the NPCs shields with something on those smaller hardpoints).
Seems that shields will go down nicely anyway, but when you start hitting their hull, huge MC does it faster compared to MCs on smaller hardpoints (and with only 2 pips in WPN, 4 in SYS).

Hope more experienced ppl will give you advice as well so we can all learn something new.
o7

When I first got my beautiful laundrette. er.........Corvette, I thought. "Size 1 hardpoints?? In a battleship? Why??" But since then, I have learned about the application of special effects. So you don't expect the weapon to do much damage being a size one, but if you get a long range weapon then you can be assured of applying the effect. I went for long range MC with corrosive shell in one side and a long range pulse laster in the other with scramble spectrum in the other. In each of these cases the special effect has nothing to do with the weapon's power.

Forgot to say. Best ship in the game. I have just finished engineering the living daylights out of an imperial cutter and to be honest. I'm not so impressed. A wing of 3 gankers recently all had to wake out after intedicting me and my corvette. They only took down one shield with fusilade of burst lasers before their leader got down to 30% hull and decided to go and bother someone else. .

Forgot to say. Best ship in the game. I have just finished engineering the living daylights out of an imperial cutter and to be honest. I'm not so impressed. A wing of 3 gankers recently all had to wake out after intedicting me and my corvette. They only took down one shield with fusilade of burst lasers before their leader got down to 30% hull and decided to go and bother someone else. .
El Guido would you mind sharing your build? I don't think I'm getting the best out of my Corvette

Here's a coriolis link to my Corvette, I have tried lots of different conglomerations over the years but the last 18mth or so this is it. I have it rigged for PVE and do mostly mission running and cannot remember the last time I even had less than one bar left on my shields. The fixed lasers in the L & S positions work really well with the gimballed MC's it is pretty easy to keep them all centred on the big ships and with 4 pips to weapons and 1 each to engine and systems I never overheat and can blast away for as long as I need without running the pips down. The bigger ships are easy, I can destroy an Anaconda in less than 30 seconds all being well the smaller more maneouverable ships take longer actually but cannot really do any real damage to my shields so I just play a waiting game with them. Like I say I have tried a lot of different weapon combos over the years but this one here is the tops. I also play in open all the time.

Top Bottom