Ships Rear Admiral's lounge

This is my pirate killer. I take those missions where you go kill 30 pirates and with the bounties net about 20 mil in an hour. I do one of those missions a day and I'm good. :)

This is the only ship I venture into open in, and so far, I've been mostly left alone. I was in a open haz res helping a smaller ship harvest bounties when I was jumped by a clipper and his friends. I immediately burned the clipper down to about 30% hull, rammed one of the others stripping their shields, and then I left. I was having a good time until those idiots showed up.

Back to solo...

Edit: In solo I don't need/use the HRPs or MRPs. Extra weight best shed. :)

Last edited:
I was looking for something different. I like the looks of these. Thank you.

How often do you run out of ammo with the fragment build?

I usually stay in a HazRES about 30 - 40 minutes so there's not an issue with frag ammo, as most of the targets easily dispatched by the beams the frags are only used mostly on Anacondas with an occasional Clipper or Python.

I mainly use a HazRES about 0.5 LS from the station so I can be rearmed and back at it in a few minutes.

I usually stay in a HazRES about 30 - 40 minutes so there's not an issue with frag ammo, as most of the targets easily dispatched by the beams the frags are only used mostly on Anacondas with an occasional Clipper or Python.

I mainly use a HazRES about 0.5 LS from the station so I can be rearmed and back at it in a few minutes.
I'm going to give this a try. Thanks much.

So this is how I walked into a HI CZ. I fell so in love with how well the ship was handling and blowing up enemy ships that I didn't pay attention when the spec ops ships showed up.

I found myself with no allies, a broken canopy, inoperable frame shift drive and 31% hull when I self destructed.

The next time a round though I didn't make the same mistake again.

She worked out really well and I wanted to thank commanders wrmiller and Ceekay for taking the time to post their builds.

Nice boat Sir. :)

Hmm... all frag turrets? How's that working out? I didn't do that (other than the underside one) because I was worried about them firing at the wrong time.

Nice boat Sir. :)

Hmm... all frag turrets? How's that working out? I didn't do that (other than the underside one) because I was worried about them firing at the wrong time.
@Ceekay had posted that they wouldn't fire until they were in range. He was right. Obviously the turrets do less damage, but when they are lined up and in range, they fire automatically and because they are short range they get hit by a few pellets.

I'm making some changes to the build because of experiences. We will see what happens.

I have the 8A sensors, which I love, but I have nothing but medium and short range weapons. The CZs have a tendency to be longer engagement times, and the S class frags keep running out of ammo. I have tons of mats to synthesize, but it's annoying.

So this is where I'm thinking of going.

I can tag the enemy and soften them up until they get in range of the beams. I'm showing a turret, but that might become a gimbal. When they turn to run, their shields are down so it'll help me kill them, though those beams are awesome. I also moved the status effects to the S and made them high cap. On paper, this looks like it will work and increases the over all damage output.

Thoughts?

That might work better. Worth a try anyway. :)

One of my early configs was long-range turreted burst lasers (grade 1) on all the smaller hardpoints and overcharged multis on the huge hardpoints. All on one trigger. I'm thinking of doing it again, but as more of a fun runabout that can sit in a haz res until my eyes bleed. ;)

Tag a NPC about 2-3 clicks out with the multis (this activates the turret lasers) and sit and wait while they charge you. By the time they get around 1 click out or closer, their shields are either gone or severely damaged, and then I just hose them with the big MCs until they go Boom.

Last edited:
I've discovered my favourite thing to do with the 'vette in conflict zones. That long prow is the perfect shape for catching medium ships - give them a ram to stop them, pitch down, then back up to scoop them on the nose, and if you pull it off you can pretty much trap them there while you hammer them with the two huges. It's great.

I've discovered my favourite thing to do with the 'vette in conflict zones. That long prow is the perfect shape for catching medium ships - give them a ram to stop them, pitch down, then back up to scoop them on the nose, and if you pull it off you can pretty much trap them there while you hammer them with the two huges. It's great.
Yes I agree, I do this a lot especially with the FDL and Mamba as it takes longer to destroy the faster nimble types of mid range ships normally than it does the larger bigger target ships. I have also found that especially npc anaconda's will attempt to ram you but instead of evading them I now let them and then throttle ahead which if you get it right leaves them stuck on your nose while my two 4A fixed multi cannons blast them apart. It takes less than 30secs to destroy an Anaconda like this with the loss of a half to a whole ring of shields at most.

I do this with condas in a haz res. It's a lot of fun. :D

I just built this. I only have the Sensors to buy and engineer and the FSD. The rest works pretty well. Haven't given it a proper name yet.

Fed Corvette

The main guns have a nice 111 dps and some heat reduction to fire without the turrets Thermal vent support. Just about enough to fire before the energy runs out. Takes a little work to make it overheat. And it won't much or at all if you are even a little careful. Turrets are good for farming lower end small ships. Main weapons are good for sneaking up and removing shields or large parts of hull. Several tactics so far I've used. If turrets are on or if you fire past the capacitor you get some nice effects with either a large laser firing and some small turrets for heat reductions. Or a solo bottom size 3 thermal vent for sustained fire at range. So far so good.

Just did a solo assassination mission with tier 6 mission location. Got the guy dead before the Shields ran out. Stayed in max shields and just fire the 3 top lasers at him until he died. Survived him and his 3 friends firing on me the whole time.

In fact here is an improved version with a true omni armor. You can swap the FSDinterdictor back and forth with the MRP if you want to one bigger than the other.

Fed Corvette Omni!

Haven't figured out a true omni shield. But it has more explosive resistance which I'm assuming is not bad.

Edit: Here is a better version. Worked out some kinks with the weapons for more versatility and better fire time. Fed Corvette Improved

It uses the Fixed as one weapon group and the gimballed/turreted as another. This gives good heat reduction and good DPS potential. The bottom group can fire infinitely. The two turrets can fire at 2 pips infinitely.

Last edited:
That might work better. Worth a try anyway. :)

One of my early configs was long-range turreted burst lasers (grade 1) on all the smaller hardpoints and overcharged multis on the huge hardpoints. All on one trigger. I'm thinking of doing it again, but as more of a fun runabout that can sit in a haz res until my eyes bleed. ;)

Tag a NPC about 2-3 clicks out with the multis (this activates the turret lasers) and sit and wait while they charge you. By the time they get around 1 click out or closer, their shields are either gone or severely damaged, and then I just hose them with the big MCs until they go Boom.
I did something like that on my Cutter. It's why I had the thought to go long range on the multi cannon, but that wasn't anywhere near as efficient as I was hoping. It was missing way to much. So this is what I settled on. I took it into a HAZRes and it was like clubbing baby seals, with the huge Beams doing all the work. (replace the cell and one guardian module with collector limpet and cargo. In HICZs, this puppy rocks and rolls. The turrets are on a secondary fire group. Once the shields are down, I set the turrets to fire when ready...

When you get a ship coming or going just in front of you the results are amazing. The beams and the one multi destroy them on the way out if they survive the frags. It's beautiful.

Hiya folks! I've finally finished my Vette, and I'm just wondering if there's anything I could improve.
I'm using it as a PvE all rounder, so I like the cargo space. I know bigger SCBs would probably be better, but I'm not sure if I want to sacrifice 50% of my cargo capacity. Also I haven't even begun to look at guardian stuff yet so no FSD booster.

Anyhoo, just wanted to show her off and see if there's anything I've done wrong (there usually is)

Hiya folks! I've finally finished my Vette, and I'm just wondering if there's anything I could improve.
I'm using it as a PvE all rounder, so I like the cargo space. I know bigger SCBs would probably be better, but I'm not sure if I want to sacrifice 50% of my cargo capacity. Also I haven't even begun to look at guardian stuff yet so no FSD booster.

Anyhoo, just wanted to show her off and see if there's anything I've done wrong (there usually is)

For a PVE build i think you nailed it. Literally the only thing I would add is the FSD booster, which you dont have at the moment

It is 100% worth the trip to unlock and a 30 LY range will make your ship a pleasure to fly. Well done!

For a PVE build i think you nailed it. Literally the only thing I would add is the FSD booster, which you dont have at the moment

It is 100% worth the trip to unlock and a 30 LY range will make your ship a pleasure to fly. Well done!

Perfect, thank you! I was worried I was going to get yelled at for the smaller SCBs. I'm currently hopping out to a guardian site in my DBX so I'll hopefully get the booster soon

Perfect, thank you! I was worried I was going to get yelled at for the smaller SCBs. I'm currently hopping out to a guardian site in my DBX so I'll hopefully get the booster soon
Honestly, for PVE you probably dont even need the SCBs on account of the biweave use. I think when you get the FSD booster, stick that in the class 5 slot, sell a SCB, and get a class 6 fighter hangar. That way you can deploy a fighter while one is rebuilding (if it gets destroyed at all). I like to have 2 different types of fighters on board as well

Honestly, for PVE you probably dont even need the SCBs on account of the biweave use. I think when you get the FSD booster, stick that in the class 5 slot, sell a SCB, and get a class 6 fighter hangar. That way you can deploy a fighter while one is rebuilding (if it gets destroyed at all). I like to have 2 different types of fighters on board as well

To be honest I was thinking of switching to a normal shield generator. I've noticed that even with the fast charge distributor, it still sucks it dry and takes a while to recharge the shields. So I'm wondering if it would be better to just get a stronger shield outright. I think I will stick the booster in a 5 slot. I'll think about the fighter, from my experience so far he just flies around and gets shot anyway

To be honest I was thinking of switching to a normal shield generator. I've noticed that even with the fast charge distributor, it still sucks it dry and takes a while to recharge the shields. So I'm wondering if it would be better to just get a stronger shield outright. I think I will stick the booster in a 5 slot. I'll think about the fighter, from my experience so far he just flies around and gets shot anyway
Here is what I am flying at the moment: https://s.orbis.zone/5nni

I have switched back and forth between Prismatics and Bi-Weave shield quite a bit to test which I like more, and I always come back to the Bi-Weaves (and they are purple, which suits my ship nicely). The reason for a full load of RA boosters instead of a mix of HD and RA is because when you factor in your shield cell banks, you actually get more raw protection against Thermal/Kinetic/Explosive with all RA than you do with a mix. Not only that but your Bi-Weave regen is more effective the more resistance you have. The 2-3 min recharge time on the bi-weaves, combined with 70% resistances, is extremely powerful.

As far as Prismatics go, I use a 3xRA 5xHD mix as that gets the most protection out of the shield. When you factor in SCB's, you still get more protection from a full set of RA boosters, but you are missing the regen of the Bi-Weaves. The only way to regen Prismatics quickly without SCB's is to use a reboot, which benefits more from 3xRA 5xHD than it does a full set of RA boosters.

Edit: Another benefit of running bi-weaves is that you can use an Armored/Thermal Spread power plant, which keeps your PP integrity high as well as nice and cool for fuel scooping and running shield cell banks without heat sinks. With my thermal vent beams, I can sit at 1% heat pretty much the entire time I am on target, and they completely take care of any SCB use.

Edit 2: Don't use standard shields, either use Bi-Weaves or Prismatics. If you don't have Prismatics, your choice is pretty simple. Standard shields get flat out stomped in every scenario except when using D rated ones on exploration ships.

Last edited:
Top Bottom