Rebel Galaxy Outlaw

Sweet sweet revenge YES !!!!

So many console-only games that I ll never get on PC have burned me into petty revenge...nothing personal man :)

Lol, like you have reason to complain, we can't use VR or a a proper Hotas etc.
So many games don't work well on console like rts games either.

I do hope you'll have fun playing Rebel Galaxy Outlaw though, it looks like a bunch of fun.

Buy it on Epic and then just add it to your steam library. Its DRM free and doesn't require the Epic store to be running to play.

You should also look into the new GOG Galaxy launcher, which you can use to integrate and launch titles from GOG, Steam, and Epic. It's in beta but it's pretty slick even now.
Or not. :) Me - I'm looking forward to it.

Rather not give my money to epic or developers that sell out to them.

But steam is fine :unsure:

See I dont have a problem with the developers agreeing to epic exclusives. If it was my decision I would make steam offer equal deals but thats up to them. As far as steam goes I had similar doubts and worries years back when I first installed it because one of the games I bought in a store only ran via steam. Since then tho steam has proven itself to me in many ways. They are agreedy bunch but the platform itself is kinda niffty so its an "evil I know" and also know how to handle.

Epic is an unknown to me. Looking deeper its a "shallow" version of steam and it already had its scandals with customer data leaks and website mess-ups. This view might change in the future I dont know but right now I m happy to observe from a distance and see how it goes. That means that I am not going to play any of the epic exclusives for a year...thats also okay.

If they are successful I expect steam to offer similar deals which might be the end of exclusive deals but Epic might be established enough to survive that. At which point I ll stay with steam.

I have no problem with Epic any more than any other.
My biggest problem with any of them is that there are becoming too many now and I don't particularly like using launchers anyway. I'd rather just have a shortcut on my desktop for any games I'm playing at the moment.

But steam is fine :unsure:

Steam has it's issues..... but valve isn't repeatedly buying out crowd/backer funded games and locking them behind a poor game launcher. Hit or miss if backers ever get their money back for a project that would not even exist without them. Sure you can put that blame on the devs but Epic knows whats going on and does it anyway.

I also get it for Rebel Galaxy devs. They saw a check with a lot of zeros and its hard to say no to that. However they also said "ok" despite all that bad press, data leaks, and shoddy buisness practices. Which to me, (personal opinion) says a lot about their company and where it's head is at. So I choose not to support this game or any future game they make indefinitely.

Steam has it's issues..... but valve isn't repeatedly buying out crowd/backer funded games and locking them behind a poor game launcher. Hit or miss if backers ever get their money back for a project that would not even exist without them. Sure you can put that blame on the devs but Epic knows whats going on and does it anyway.

I also get it for Rebel Galaxy devs. They saw a check with a lot of zeros and its hard to say no to that. However they also said "ok" despite all that bad press, data leaks, and shoddy buisness practices. Which to me, (personal opinion) says a lot about their company and where it's head is at. So I choose not to support this game or any future game they make indefinitely.

It's personal choice for sure. I choose to buy a game I like the look of, whichever company is selling it.
Shoddy business practices goes with the territory of a free market, including helping along bad press for your competitors

I love everything about the game, bar the amount of ships to fly. I really wanted loads but nine is a bit on the low side for me. But I'll give it a chance (its not even out yet :D )

I understand that Epic store had issues before but how are they now?

• is it a customer service issue (locking accounts for no reasons or other problems)
  • is it their security?

AFAIK they do have 2 factor security nowadays so i get the feeling it's essentially something similar to Steam, unless their customer account security is stored in a poor security location.

I love everything about the game, bar the amount of ships to fly. I really wanted loads but nine is a bit on the low side for me. But I'll give it a chance (its not even out yet :D )

I really hope they ll up the modding capabilities for the community. Rebel Galaxy had a fair amount of mods offering new ships as well

My issue with Epic is mainly an issue with monopolies in general.

As a customer, monopolies, especially "middle-man" monopolies, will always end up screwing me over in the long run. Most especially when a middle-man is dumping money to create an artificial monopoly out of an inferior product, which is the case with the Epic Store.

In the long run, helping the Epic Store (or any otheer) to create a monopoly out of their inferior product is, from a customer point of view, firing a shotgun at my own feet.

So I do the only thing I can to safeguard my in interests as a customer: if a game is sold exclusively in one particular store, I don't buy it. Or buy them only when they cease to be sold exclusively on a single store, but then only at a heavily discounted price. No matter how nice the game may seem. And after all, it's only games, it's not like I actually need them.

The only exception I make for "exclusives", if the developers are selling their games exclusively on their own site/shop (lie FD did at first with ED).

I opened Epic account like 3 or 4 days after it went online. The amount of handles that wouldn't register because they were supposedly already taken made me suspicious. Never logged in since. And I guess I probably wait until it goes on real storefronts.

That was a stream from yesterday. The good thing is that it does not start from the beginning of the game like almost everyone so far. And it has the participation of the developers.

See, I like how enemy ships don't take that many shots before they're destroyed. You don't end up in some prolonged circle joust for 10 minutes with one ship. It's the same way in WWII combat flight sims. A few good shots will take down an enemy plane.

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
See, I like how enemy ships don't take that many shots before they're destroyed. You don't end up in some prolonged circle joust for 10 minutes with one ship. It's the same way in WWII combat flight sims. A few good shots will take down an enemy plane.

Their goal seems to be big 'greasy' explosions and quick, satisfying combat. Also they're taking their cues from the old classic Wing Commander: Privateer. It's not supposed to be a detailed sapce combat sim. To me that's a good thing. We already have games that cater to that. RGO can do its own thing. We'll see how it handles, though. It's hard to judge how it'll feel just watching let's plays.

Also, new patch:

When Elite was first released, everything took exactly the right number of shots before they were destroyed. Dogfights were brisk, high-stakes, and thrilling. Then came SCBs, Boosters, and finally Engineers killed the game.

Not sure if it interests anybody as lifestreams are available but here goes

All in all a balanced "view". He outlines some great features mainly atmosphere and the skin-tool but also adresses some less-then-stellar things which I wasnt even aware of. As I refuse to purchase the game off Epics store I m still in observation mode waiting for third-party sellers to offer the title.

I guess a lot of the things Yamiks raises can be addressed in patches (the volume controls etc). A previous video I'd seen from the devs seemed to indicate they had got permission for streamers to use the audio, not sure that worked out how I heard :)

I hadn't picked up on the menu-driven nature of the spaceport experience, I guess I was assuming space legs - but that's no biggie. Looks like it has some interesting characters, still want a steer on whether the story is interesting - above a 'pilot wanders around in a space-western setting', but I guess that will take more gameplay time.

When Elite was first released, everything took exactly the right number of shots before they were destroyed. Dogfights were brisk, high-stakes, and thrilling. Then came SCBs, Boosters, and finally Engineers killed the game.
Maybe this is why griefers prefer targeting those harmless Sidewinders!

I still remember my first "one shot" kill (using a pair of size 3 fixed cannons), thinking to myself, "That was freaking awesome!"

Top Bottom