Rebel Galaxy Outlaw

Looks interesting. Frontier can learn a few things from that (mini-games on the station).

Bit diappointing that there's no manual ship docking and can't walk around in the station.

Last edited:
Looks interesting. Frontier can learn a few things from that (mini-games on the station).

Bit diappointing that there's no manual ship docking and can't walk around in the station.

You have to look at it as just sort of improved Rebel Galaxy. DD are a really small team (if you can even call it a team)

Thing I like with this bunch is they seem to have mastered making good games without ever taking themselves remotely seriously.

Both are mini-games, but one is a optional side activity for fun while the other one gets old really quick.

I think Double Damage got this right (by not wasting development time on things which don't add to their game).

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
I have zero knowledge of this game, but I love that teaser trailer to death. :D

I can only add my own recommendation. Loved Rebel galaxy to bits :)

Yep. Played the hell out of it. Finished the story and just kept on going, pimping my Polaris up to ridiculousness, saving traders at distress calls... It's great fun. It¨s still on my HDD and I fire it up, sometimes when I'm not in a mood for some "serious gaming".
This game also let me discover the dark country and filk genres, making them permanent residents on my phone. :)

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
You haven't played the original RG? I think you should. It's quite fun. Very casual, with a great Firefly-esque atmosphere and great soundtrack. :)

The more I learn about this new one the more I love it. I adored Privateer back in the day. It remains one of my favorite games of all time. It seems the devs are channeling Privateer quite a bit while putting in their own spin and it's got me very interested!

The more I learn about this new one the more I love it. I adored Privateer back in the day. It remains one of my favorite games of all time. It seems the devs are channeling Privateer quite a bit while putting in their own spin and it's got me very interested!

Speaking of the games of old, have any of you played Hardwar?

Yep. Played the hell out of it. Finished the story and just kept on going, pimping my Polaris up to ridiculousness, saving traders at distress calls... It's great fun. It¨s still on my HDD and I fire it up, sometimes when I'm not in a mood for some "serious gaming".
This game also let me discover the dark country and filk genres, making them permanent residents on my phone. :)

Ha, I've been running the RG soundtrack underneath ED, its a really awesome bunch of tracks indeed! :D

Ha, I've been running the RG soundtrack underneath ED, its a really awesome bunch of tracks indeed! :D

I normally have just some light piano going on when playing Elite (trucking and exploring) but yes, when I plan on some RES fun or similar shenanigans, TSFH or RG soundtrack are great for that. :D

Rebel Galaxy posted a short capital ship explosion clip

Sure, its promotional footage but the question is not if its coming at all but if the final ingame version will look as good. Was RGI announced with VR capabilies?? Because if the answer is "yes" I can picture myself jumping out of my skin if I fly too close to one of these ^^

Rebel Galaxy posted a short capital ship explosion clip

Sure, its promotional footage but the question is not if its coming at all but if the final ingame version will look as good. Was RGI announced with VR capabilies?? Because if the answer is "yes" I can picture myself jumping out of my skin if I fly too close to one of these ^^

I don't think it'll have VR support due to the changing perspective of the gameplay, both 1st and 3rd person and animate "cutscenes" in place of previous station menus. I think it would looks somewhere between clumsy and downright horrible, so I don't think the VR was considered during the development.

Top Bottom