Rebel Galaxy Outlaw

Just make sure you never uninstall the free games or reinstall the PC, because you may lose them, because transaction server doesn't keep track 0 dollar purchases.
You will also get your card info leaked the first thing in the morning and don't buy more than two games in quick succession because you'll be banned for fraud.

edit: Just to be clear, I'm not a close minded idiot who refuses to use Epic on principle and I believe all these issues will eventually be solved (they have a roadmap), I am just not willing to put up with it now and risk potential problems as I am quite unlucky with these things and there isn't a day where there wouldn't be problems with Epic Store.

Okay, here is the thing: I just re-installed Epic Store to get Limbo. I had uninstalled it earlier, including Subnautica. I did not lose my 0-dollar 'purchase'. Whomever told you that is simply wrong. I've also noticed a grand total of zero cents missing from my credit card since using the store. No offense, but saying that using the epic store will have your money stolen via your credit card, your games lost and your account banned for fraud sounds like outrageous fear-mongering.

Look, you dont need to convince me something is broken when it clearly is working right in front of my own eyes. If you want to wait a year to play Rebel Galaxy and Cyberpunk, that is your call. You are absolutely free to do and play whatever you want. I am just here to tell other people that they can see for themselves.

Heck, Sony had 77 million accounts and credit card info hacked on their playstation store. That dwarves everything that has happened with Epic. But you dont see me arguing you cant use it.

Look, you dont need to convince me something is broken when it clearly is working right in front of my own eyes. If you want to wait a year to play Rebel Galaxy and Cyberpunk, that is your call. You are absolutely free to do and play whatever you want. I am just here to tell other people that they can see for themselves.

Heck, Sony had 77 million accounts and credit card info hacked on their playstation store. That dwarves everything that has happened with Epic. But you dont see me arguing you cant use it.
I'm not arguing why you can't use it. I'm arguing why I can't use it. Same with Steam actually. For different reasons, albeit.
Anyway. I apologize for a pointless OT.

Keep on keeping on.

Why would he wait a year for CP2077? It's not an epic exclusive.

As for the free games disappearing, the ones in question were from the early cycles of the Epic store, most notably Slime Rancher and Subnautica for some people. Just because it works for you, doesn't mean that the store might not have a bug that caused other people's purchases to disappear. It is the same as people shouting down others with legit problems on the steam forums, because it "works for them(tm)". The severity of the problem might be overblown by some people, but facts remain facts that people had lost those purchases from their purchase history, and their libraries in some cases.

As for RGO, I hope it's awesome and Double Damage have success with it. I'll probably grab it when it leaves the exclusivity, seems I won't have time for it before then anyway. Backlog, thou art a harsh mistress.

edit: Just to be clear, I'm not a close minded idiot who refuses to use Epic on principle and I believe all these issues will eventually be solved (they have a roadmap), I am just not willing to put up with it now and risk potential problems as I am quite unlucky with these things and there isn't a day where there wouldn't be problems with Epic Store.
I am one of those idiots. I don't like the way the Epic Store seems to be operating; I don't like their aggressive attitude and I don't want to support it (I know, I know: they're a company and it's the nature of companies to make money at all costs. Still, though.).

That said, it's not just Epic I have issues with: it's the whole idea of third-party companies setting themselves up to have control over the games I buy (yes, games industry, buy), and I accepted it from Steam only grudgingly, after it became impractical not to use it for several games I wanted at the time. I still resent it, though, and aside from Steam, and battle.net so I can play Diablo III with my wife, I avoid all the stores. All that said, these days Elite Dangerous and Diablo III are literally the only games I play, and I probably won't be buying any more in any event, so I guess it's pretty much moot in my case anyway.

Why would he wait a year for CP2077? It's not an epic exclusive.

As for the free games disappearing, the ones in question were from the early cycles of the Epic store, most notably Slime Rancher and Subnautica for some people. Just because it works for you, doesn't mean that the store might not have a bug that caused other people's purchases to disappear. It is the same as people shouting down others with legit problems on the steam forums, because it "works for them(tm)". The severity of the problem might be overblown by some people, but facts remain facts that people had lost those purchases from their purchase history, and their libraries in some cases.

As for RGO, I hope it's awesome and Double Damage have success with it. I'll probably grab it when it leaves the exclusivity, seems I won't have time for it before then anyway. Backlog, thou art a harsh mistress.

If someone says:"some people had issues with X." I wouldnt argue against it. There is hardly anything on the planet some people haven't had issues with. But that isn't what he said. He said that you absolutely will lose any free games if you uninstall because the store doesn't and cannot save free purchases. That is factually and demonstrably false. He said you will absolutely will lose your credit card info to others ASAP. Not 'some people', 'maybe' 'some time' but everyone, definitely, first thing tomorrow. Certainties.

I don't argue there have been some issues. I don't argue there will be some issues. So far it hasn't been nearly as problematic as, say, what happened to Sony. But sure, it's a software project so stuff will go wrong for some.

But this hyperbolic, overly dramatic internet ragefest is absurd and I don't want to be part of it. Beyond that people should do as they please.

If someone says:"some people had issues with X." I wouldnt argue against it. There is hardly anything on the planet some people haven't had issues with. But that isn't what he said. He said that you absolutely will lose any free games if you uninstall because the store doesn't and cannot save free purchases. That is factually and demonstrably false. He said you will absolutely will lose your credit card info to others ASAP. Not 'some people', 'maybe' 'some time' but everyone, definitely, first thing tomorrow. Certainties.

I don't argue there have been some issues. I don't argue there will be some issues. So far it hasn't been nearly as problematic as, say, what happened to Sony. But sure, it's a software project so stuff will go wrong for some.

But this hyperbolic, overly dramatic internet ragefest is absurd and I don't want to be part of it. Beyond that people should do as they please.
True hyperboles don't help with the matter, and make legit criticism sound stupid at the end of the day. Maybe Epic will shape up, maybe it'll make Steam get its together. We'll see when the exclusive wave really starts hitting. For now I'll just watch this thread to see how RGO turns out. On the bright side, I don't have to do the same with Outer Worlds, I'll get that as part of the xbox pc pass.

Could you please elaborate? What exactly wrong with the store? Is it impossible to buy, download and start purchased game?

Personal opinion of course. But the Epic store is still struggling to establish itself right now and already had its uproars about leaking user data. I will give it a pass (even tho I pick up all the give-away games) and never gonna share my credentials with Epic Store for that reason alone. If any game thinks its a good idea to make a 1year exclusive contract that just means I ll get it at massive discounts when it finally becomes available to me. In the meantime I have something like 200+ steam games I never even booted up yet to keep me busy.

These days I simply dont have enough time on my hands to play all the games I possess. Exclusive deals simply dont affect me.

I'm fairly certain they have a set length of exclusivity in the contract with Epic and would get sued to oblivion if they broke that.
Yes, likely. But maybe they also have set sale targets and if they are missed the exclusivity would be voided - I dunno - it seems kinda risky to bet on a sales channel with no established selling power.

Yes, likely. But maybe they also have set sale targets and if they are missed the exclusivity would be voided - I dunno - it seems kinda risky to bet on a sales channel with no established selling power.
They are already getting a fat paycheck from Epic for the exclusivity, so it will probably compensate potential lower sales. I think it was Rebellion Studios who said that Epic payed a lot for the Zombie Army 4 exclusive.

By the way, anyone who has played Between the Stars? Looked like a game with somewhat similar gameplay (space combat/rpg). I'm a bit hesitant on early access games as they often lack some content and I prefer to wait.

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
Interesting bit of info: RGO is DRM free according to the devs, and you can run it independent of the Epic store application.

Top Bottom